'Another Way To Die' (Full Version Now Leaked)

i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
http://www.archivo007.com/audio/awd.wav

Not the whole song, but a 1:47 sample.

I like it - gonna need to hear the whole thing first, but it sounds like something for the masses. But traditionalists may not be happy :o

Opinions...

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent
    I want to hear more; melodically I'm slightly disappointed but from a tone point of view I prefer it already to YKMN: it just seems to rock better. Feels like Bond. Reasonably happy so far- want the whole thing!
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Love the music, love the brass and drums; not over keen on the vocals. I will have to hear the whole thing now before I pass my full judgement. However, on what I heard it is marginally better than "You Know My Name" - did I even hear the words "Quantum of Solace" in there somewhere???

:))
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    Sounds good so far. This one might actually go somewhere on the charts.
  • arthur pringlearthur pringle SpacePosts: 366MI6 Agent
    That is absolutely horrendous. :s
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,519Chief of Staff
    I like what I hear so far, although I could have done without Alicia Keyes.
    I think Jack White has delivered a good song there - not a 'Bond Classic' in the true sense, but a good solid track that fits with DC's Bond.
    YNWA 97
  • jamesbondagent007jamesbondagent007 Divided States of TrumpPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    It's a better *song* than You Know My Name, but I don't think it's a very good Bond theme. Not really exciting, melodically, or engaging, or all that interesting to listen to.

Doesn't get me pumped to see the movie, and from what I've seen from the trailers, doesn't seem to reflect the film's tone either.
  • Apocrypha23Apocrypha23 Posts: 177MI6 Agent
    It sounds like a studio mix test. I guess I like the second mix the better of the two. That said, I wish I had more arms so I could give it more than two thumbs waaaay down. I like Jack White a lot and think Alicia Keys has a great voice. I don't know what happened here, but it sounds like they both called it in.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    what the hell was that ?:)
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Well, it's different, that's for sure. The melody's catchy, but the vocals strike me as weird--perhaps because White and Keys seem blended together into one mega-voice. And I take it the Spanish voice isn't supposed to be in this!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    As Bond himself might have said; "We have an old saying -and that song is full of it..."
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Well, it's different, that's for sure. The melody's catchy, but the vocals strike me as weird--perhaps because White and Keys seem blended together into one mega-voice.

Yeah, listening on headphones I think that the quality of sound on this clip isn't all it could be; I'm thinking that it might actually be a little clearer when we get a nicer version.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,989Quartermasters
    Still struggling to get a good stream, rather than bits and pieces (my g*******d relic of a desktop X-( )...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Still struggling to get a good stream, rather than bits and pieces (my g*******d relic of a desktop X-( )...

It shouldn't be streaming, you should be able to let it download.
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Not sure if it'll turn out to be a great song, but it's sure stuck in my head - in a good way, some of the riffs just keep repeating in a good head-nodding way. Bet it works real well in the landscape of Arnold's score for the film.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Eh, pretty bad. Wasn't expecting much, though.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I think/hope as others have said that is a raw recording...hoping!

:#
  • SharpeSharpe Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    I somewhat partially like the instrumentals, but I can't stand the singing - it makes it far FAR too rnb for me (a music genre I hate)
  • frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
    I was excited to listen to this sample. Unfortunately, it is quite disappointing. Melodically, I find it even worse than YKMN, which I was not very fond of to begin with.

IMO, there hasn't been a good Bond title song since TWINE. Maybe the producers should just let Arnold continue to write the title songs as well as the soundtracks.
  • SharpeSharpe Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    Well, I actually really like You Know My Name after hating it at first. But this new song just sounds too generic and pop/rnb-ish.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Well I think it kicks A$$. Love the beat, Jack's voice is really distincitive, and I have a feeling that the instrumental bit will kick in later....

I love it, love it, love it.

I think it's going to sound even better with the Trailer. And yes, it does fit in with Daniel's Bond.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    I hope this is a work in progress. The lyrics are a bit mad.
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    I can't say it does much for me, but then I was never fond of a lot of today's pop music. I'm sure it will get cleaned up a bit for the final release.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,766MI6 Agent
    A bit early to decide, but I think I might end up not liking it ...
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    To me it sounds like it will be a grower -definitely catchier than ykmn - for a first sample though it sounds a bit rough -but I'm sure the final release will be well polished -and what with the massive amount of airplay it will probably get -it should be a pretty good hit. not 100% sure its a classic -but hey - how long do we have to wait to know what tune is a classic? :D
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    edited September 2008
    What's all that stuff at the beginning about having his finger on Her Majesty's trigger or something? ?:) And is somebody in QOS going to have a golden tongue? As I said earlier, the lyrics are quite, quite mad.
  • JADE66JADE66 Posts: 238MI6 Agent
    Nope. Don't like it. Not at all. I appreciate Alicia Keys,especially her earlier work but this is just too hipp hoppy for my tastes. I would have liked something richer and more melodious. From Keys I would have expected something more
    like "Falling in and out of love with you." I would have liked something more soulful. When I hear a Bond theme I want to be transported into the world of Bond. I like music that sets the pace and feel of the film. I don't think this one does it. If I heard it on the radio, I'd turn it off. A Bond theme should make me want to press the accelerator in my Aston Martin, not make me want to get new brakes for my Camaro. A Bond theme should not be played at max volume with the bass rattling the windows. It should be well modulated and something I could remember and sing or hum to myself.
    "Another Way to Die" ain't it. I have high hopes for the film but so far the music does not inspire me. Just my humble opinion.-{
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Oh dear.
    From what I heard this just sounds... well, bad really. You Know My Name is much better, but I guess I haven't heard all this song... sorry though, didn't like what I heard. No hook, no catchiness, doesn't even sound like a bond song either.
    Oh well, I guess it's better than Madonna's DAD.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Apocrypha23Apocrypha23 Posts: 177MI6 Agent
    I think this may reflect the current trend in "Pop" music. Not to sound like an old curmudgeon (I'm 37) but I just don't like most mainstream popular music right now. And we've all seen time and time again how reluctant Babs et al are to deviate from the precious Bond formula. I liked Duran Duran in the 80s and I still like them. I will always like Tom Jones, Sheri Bassey and even Sheena Easton. But in the artists I like in the 21st Century aren't going to get tapped for a Bond song. A Perfect Circle... nope, Radiohead... doubtful. Maybe Coldplay, but this isn't their year. I'll just hope for the best in the film and agree to disagree on the song.
  • RavenstoneRavenstone EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    It says 'Not Found' :(

Could I have another link, please?
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    One of the slight problems with flagging up contenders for the theme is you can't help being put in mind of recent songs that might have been better. Of course, you can't rehash a song. Like some of Madonna's other stuff would have been v good for DAD, just not the actual song she provided.

I can't help feeling the legacy of all these other great Bond songs intimidates other writers.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017