How many times have you seen QOS?

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,510Chief of Staff
    Five...and I still get to see the great version too B-)
    YNWA 97
  • Mr WhiteMr White Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Once is enough for me! I'll wait till it comes out on DVD to see it again.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    edited November 2008
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Five...and I still get to see the great version too B-)

Ooh, good for you! That's lucky :))

I've only seen it twice...but I'm going to talk Mrs. Loeffelholz into sallying forth and checking it out...at least once more after that.

It's going to be a long drought until the DVD comes out in March '09... :#
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • sharpshootersharpshooter Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    I've seen it twice. I liked it initially, but it's a lot better second time. This film has legs.
  • solitersoliter Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I've seen QOS only once, but I will go again the following week
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    It hasn't been since GoldenEye that I was able to watch a new Bond film and just enjoy it the first time I watched it. I've been programmed with the formula list in my subconscious, and now I'm constantly checking things off it as they come by. On 2nd viewing, I'm totally fine. But that 1st time around, I'm always more nervous than . . . um . . . something that's really nervous. I hope to see QOS again on one of my very few days off. (I work retail, and we're sorta busy right around now.)
  • the headlightthe headlight Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    Some of you people are crazy! This film was nowhere near good enough to merit seeing it multiple times in my opinion. Maybe if I saw it a second time I would change my mind but that would make it the first time I needed to see a Bond movie for the second time before I liked it which doesn't bode well.
  • Daltonfan90Daltonfan90 Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    to be honest i loved every part of this movie...

while CR was great it was too long....QOS kept my attention all the way through...while CR kinda lost interest after the Miami Airport scene
    Some of you people are crazy!

Well, hello...
    ...This film was nowhere near good enough to merit seeing it multiple times in my opinion. Maybe if I saw it a second time I would change my mind but that would make it the first time I needed to see a Bond movie for the second time before I liked it which doesn't bode well.

I'm not sure that's what people are saying. Many mean that they 'get it' a bit more the second time. I have freely and honestly criticised the editing style, camera work and narrative pacing; a second viewing revealed elements to me that I'd missed the first time round. To me this doesn't automatically point to the film being bad---in fact I enjoy it quite a lot---but film is art, and one oughtn't just take one glance at a painting, and then walk away. Granted, many do.
  • slingerslinger USAPosts: 79MI6 Agent
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    Well -I took advantage of being off work this week -and unbeknownst to the missus - I've been to see it again. so that's three for me so far. The more i see it the more I appreciate it. :)
  • 00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
    Twice. I snuck away from work for a long lunch and saw it again today. I plan on doing the same thing next Friday.:D

I actually enjoyed the movie more the second time around and the editing of the early action scenes did not bother me as much as it did during the first viewing.
    "A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Twice, liked it better first time. Will see it onc more time.
  • hacketthackett Odds change the numbers remainPosts: 197MI6 Agent
    As of to date I have seen QoS twice.
    First performance on the opening day 31/10/08
    and then quietly on my own on 05/11/08

Throughly enjoyed it both times.
  • MailfistMailfist Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    Saw it the first night it was released. Normally I see a new Bond movie 3/4 times in the first few weeks. Have only seen QOS once and not sure I am going to bother again.
  • Krassno GranitskiKrassno Granitski USAPosts: 896MI6 Agent
    Twice, liked it better first time.

Will see it again on DVD.
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    I have seen it twice at the cinema now. Loved it both times.

Got a downloaded DVD (exceptional quality too) now so watched it every day after work since. Love it now almost as much as CR.

So, when's Bond 23 out?????

{[]
  • sped98sped98 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    twice in Bangkok
    Once in the uk
    All 3 times were total *******s.....confusing , and possibly one of the worse 2 bond films ever made ( CR being the other)......Bring back James bond as we used to know it.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008
    I saw it twice and that should be enough until the inevitable home video release.

The action scenes and overall plot played a little better the second time around for me given that I knew what to expect. I also sat a little further back this time and that helped me to take in more of the picture.

Likewise the shorter overall running time helped to keep the film fresh and fairly well paced.
    edited November 2008
    Gonna take Mrs. Loeffelholz and the boys to see it in a couple of hours...3rd time for me, 2nd time for Loeff Jr & Loeff III, first time for the Mrs...

I'm as excited as I was before the first time! :)
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    sped98 wrote:
    twice in Bangkok
    Once in the uk
    All 3 times were total *******s.....confusing , and possibly one of the worse 2 bond films ever made ( CR being the other)......Bring back James bond as we used to know it.

So the obvious question is... why see it three times?
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • yodboy007yodboy007 McMinn CountyPosts: 129MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008
    I have seen it three times. Three is usually my limit unless I just adore the film. I have only seen three movies more than three times in theaters. Two viewings of QOS would have been enough, but my whole family wanted to go on Thanksgiving so I took that opportunity. All five of us had never been to a Bond film together before. They all liked it surprisingly.

It seems I see Bonds films more and more times in theaters as my life continues. I saw TWINE once, DAD twice, CR three times and QOS three times. Even if I don't like it that much I ended up going again because I feel so left out having been born 25 years after the series started. I missed seeing the first 18 films in theaters. I take in the experience of seeing Bond on the big screen as much as I can. After all, it only happens every other year!
    edited November 2008
    yodboy007 wrote:
    ...my whole family wanted to go on Thanksgiving so I took that opportunity. All five of us had never been to a Bond film together before. They all liked it surprisingly.

:)) {[]

Just got back from my 3rd. My enjoyment of the film grows with each viewing. Of course the boys were thrilled to see a Bond film for a second time.

My wife enjoyed it, as well---but since she's only seen CR once (on the big screen, back in '06), I had to give her a short primer on the way to the cinema. She appreciates Craig's performance as Bond, but certainly doesn't put him ahead of the likes of Connery (and probably Brozzer) in terms of sex appeal...
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,510Chief of Staff
    Just got back from my 3rd. My enjoyment of the film grows with each viewing. Of course the boys were thrilled to see a Bond film for a second time.

My son (aged 7) really wants to see QoS again too...I was surprised at just how much he took in the first time...I may take him again next week.

I'm slightly surprised that the guys appear to like QoS more than the women do...okay, there is plenty of action in it...but there is still the conclusion to the love story started in CR. I guess I'll never understand the workings of the female mind :#
    YNWA 97
  • Mister BiswasMister Biswas TokyoPosts: 78MI6 Agent
    As of December 1, 2008, Zero times :(
    I am so envious of everyone! 8-)
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    saw it three times, liked it alot better the first time, kinda got bored near the end this time. definately wont see it five times like i did with CR.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,742MI6 Agent
    Have seen it twice. First time opening weekend in a very large crowded theater. Second time was last week on a Wed night 10:30pm showing that was sparsley attended in a smallish, but nice theater. The first time was more of a rush, with a big crowd that was into the film. Enjoyed the second time around from a different perspective as I picked up on a few more nuances and references I missed the first time around. My next viewing will be on DVD.
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    sped98 wrote:
    twice in Bangkok
    Once in the uk

If you hated the film first time around, why on earth did you pay to see it again? And why do I find somebody going to see a film they hate three times so funny? :))
  • TjustTTjustT Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    Oh, not as far as THIS female is concerned! I posted "Why Quantum of Solace Is the Most Romantic Bond Ever" and I meant every word of it. The action is great but I love this movie because of the romanticism of Bond towards all the women in this movie.

And as I said there, I am not a chick flick woman by any stretch of the imagination. I not only watch MAA I also do and teach MAA. My next film I am going to see is "The Punisher." But I the Queen of Beat Down found QOS intensely romantic enough to see three times and I am going back at least three more times before it goes to DVD. And I know my sister will probably go with me at least two of those times!

As for his looks, well I think PB is gorgeous but Craig's Bond is decent, loyal, not shallow and a respectful man as well as smart. I can accept rough trade looks when they come bundled in that kind of character, no problem! I don't want a pretty BOY anyway. Give me a MAN every time!
  • TjustTTjustT Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    I don't know about other women but I find decency to be a real turn on for me. Connery is nice eye candy as Bond but I find him cold. PB is simply gorgeous but the only reason why I found him attractive is because he seemed to have some care as Bond for the women around him.

Daniel Craig as Bond comes across as even more caring and as far as I am concerned that is sexy as hell. All that muscle at the service of protecting a woman or someone in trouble? Be still my beating heart and kiss me you fool!!!;)