New Bond Actor in Bond 23

Max EMax E In the northPosts: 80MI6 Agent
I have heard Craig says that he will may not return as James Bond in 23. Afterall Craig signed a five film contract as 007.

Who would YOU want to the new 007, IF Craig will not return as Bond.

This is not sure, but it is not either a rumour beacuse Craig said it.
You know in America it’s “bling, bling”, but out here it’s “bling, bang”.

Comments

• stumac7stumac7 ScotlandPosts: 295MI6 Agent
    This thread is not relevant IMHO as Craig has signed for 4 (I think) Bond films and will be Bond in Bond 23
  • Max EMax E In the northPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008
    stumac7 wrote:
    This thread is not relevant IMHO as Craig has signed for 4 (I think) Bond films and will be Bond in Bond 23

Yes I know, I read that it was 5 films, and I trying to find the site craig said what the topic is about.

Here is it:

http://www.filmofilia.com/2008/10/18/daniel-craig-cautious-about-future-as-james-bond-007/

You had right about four films, I hope he do 5 film dough.

So if we look at this link, a thread as this one would be relevant.
    Craig will return for Bond 23.

He is only saying that if the film doesn't do well then - who knows what will happen i.e the producers might consider sacking him and getting in a new actor.

I think he is just trying to not sound cocky and the magazine has tried to make a story when there really isn't one there.

I think we are lucky to have a great actor like Daniel Craig playing Bond
    edited November 2008
    stumac7 wrote:
    Craig will return for Bond 23.

He is only saying that if the film doesn't do well then - who knows what will happen i.e the producers might consider sacking him and getting in a new actor.

I think he is just trying to not sound cocky and the magazine has tried to make a story when there really isn't one there.

I think we are lucky to have a great actor like Daniel Craig playing Bond

Yes, you could have right, I never said Craig was a bad actor, he is a very good actor.
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    With a first day opening of $4.9 million in the UK alone, I think we have a hit on our hands. Therefore I believe we will see Bond 23 in Autumn 2010 and Danny as returning Bond in that flick!

{[]
  • PredatorPredator Posts: 790Chief of Staff
    With a first day opening of $4.9 million in the UK alone, I think we have a hit on our hands. Therefore I believe we will see Bond 23 in Autumn 2010 and Danny as returning Bond in that flick!

{[]

According to Variety that is £4.9M, not dollars ...
    Predator wrote:

{[]

According to Variety that is £4.9M, not dollars ...

That is lots of money, why could they not give me some tousands in Christmas present :) .
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    A now-departed (banned) former nemesis of mine used to be quite fond of saying, as a means of diminishing the astounding success of CR, that the follow-up Bond film would serve as a referendum on Daniel Craig. He seemed to be convinced that Craigger's sophomore effort would come up short, and that (Formerly) Poor DannyTM would be tossed out on his ear.

Well...it's still quite early, but the numbers look pretty good for QoS---and even the most virulently negative reviews of the new film seem to find nice things to say about Craig's performance---so I wouldn't look for Craig to resign anytime soon.

Barbara Broccoli recently said something to the effect of "We're not letting him leave!" :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Daniel Craig has been brilliant in both films, he really is turning out to be a great actor!
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent
    Disappointed though I am in QoS, it's the film that fails to do justice to Daniel Craig and not otherwise. Bond 23 without him is unimaginable.
  • c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5 Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    Craig will most likely do Bond 23, and maybe even Bond 24, but eventually he's going to stop doing them.

Personally, I could see the Bond franchise take a hit when Craig finally hangs up the PPK and the Aston. I wouldn't be suprised if they stopped making Bond films for a while. Though if that happened, I'm sure it would be revived at some point.

But hey, it's not like we have to worry just yet!

:)
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    Disappointed though I am in QoS, it's the film that fails to do justice to Daniel Craig and not otherwise. Bond 23 without him is unimaginable.

Having re-establish James Bond's character, it would make no sense at all for DC not to Bond in number 23. The producers know it, DC will know it and, most importantly, us fans know it.

Bond 23 without DC is indeed unimaginable.
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    I believe and hope that DC will return, as the problems with QOS are not problems with him. As we saw in CR given a good script to work with he can deliver a great performance. I suspect that Daniel knows that QOS is not even on nodding terms with CR and he has said things like ' I have no interest in making a film that is not a good as CR'.If he goes it will be his decsion and I believe that he is an actor with integrity for his craft. I suspect that Eon may have to work hard to convince him that they have a script and a Director for 23 which will allow him to deliver the goods.I beleive that he is a smart guy, so he must know that QOS is very poor and whatever it's commercial value I doubt that he will be satisfied with that alone.
    zaphod wrote:
    I believe and hope that DC will return, as the problems with QOS are not problems with him. As we saw in CR given a good script to work with he can deliver a great performance. I suspect that Daniel knows that QOS is not even on nodding terms with CR and he has said things like ' I have no interest in making a film that is not a good as CR'.If he goes it will be his decsion and I believe that he is an actor with integrity for his craft. I suspect that Eon may have to work hard to convince him that they have a script and a Director for 23 which will allow him to deliver the goods.I beleive that he is a smart guy, so he must know that QOS is very poor and whatever it's commercial value I doubt that he will be satisfied with that alone.

I agree with all of that apart from where you say QoS is 'not very good'.

It is still a good film, despite its flaws. It didn't really give DC a chance to flex his acting muscles, just his muscles.
    I reckon Bond 23 will be a much more thespian affair, but with the old traditions restored. At least I hope that's what it is. A real spy thriller like FRWL.
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Fitzochris wrote:
    zaphod wrote:

It is still a good film, despite its flaws. It didn't really give DC a chance to flex his acting muscles, just his muscles.
    I reckon Bond 23 will be a much more thespian affair, but with the old traditions restored. At least I hope that's what it is. A real spy thriller like FRWL.

I hope that you are right. I'm not overly concerned with restoring traditions, I am not much bothered by lack of Q or Moneypenny etc. What is needed for me is a new mission, unconnected with anything else. A rounded Bond character who can be merciless and cruel, but has principles, and shows remorse and even guilt if appropriate. Good dialouge and a worthy Villain. If we could manage a decent score and song that would be a bonus. But most of all give Bond/Craig more to do than cause havoc. Make him if not likeable at least admireable or a bit charming, You know the kind of thing, those classic 'Bondian moments' where he wins due to his wits (throwing the fire into the Bath for example when all looks lost in GF, or again in GF when he tricks Oddjob into retrieving his hat, or the cool velcro fastening which turns his evening suit into blacked out field garb...)
    Things that say 'this is Bond accept no imitations.
  • another way to dieanother way to die Posts: 111MI6 Agent
    Craig don't do this your great

stay for another 2 pls
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,205Chief of Staff
    Nah, we're stuck with Craig for the foreseeable future. No point in thinking up alternatives yet.
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    zaphod wrote:
    Fitzochris wrote:
    zaphod wrote:

I hope that you are right. I'm not overly concerned with restoring traditions, I am not much bothered by lack of Q or Moneypenny etc. What is needed for me is a new mission, unconnected with anything else. A rounded Bond character who can be merciless and cruel, but has principles, and shows remorse and even guilt if appropriate. Good dialouge and a worthy Villain. If we could manage a decent score and song that would be a bonus. But most of all give Bond/Craig more to do than cause havoc. Make him if not likeable at least admireable or a bit charming, You know the kind of thing, those classic 'Bondian moments' where he wins due to his wits (throwing the fire into the Bath for example when all looks lost in GF, or again in GF when he tricks Oddjob into retrieving his hat, or the cool velcro fastening which turns his evening suit into blacked out field garb...)
    Things that say 'this is Bond accept no imitations.

Yeah, I really don't imagine DC will drop after QoS...I also don't suspect you will get an unconnected storyline. I do believe they will keep things going with Quantum after this one. I agree we need to have a better villian though.
    "We have all the time in the world..."
    well i am a huge 007 and marvel fan,and i have recently looked at rumors of who would be THOR for 2010 .
    And marvel wanted D Craig but he said he is singed for bond films and has no time for THOR

SO BOND FILMS ARE STILL ON CRAIG
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,205Chief of Staff
    marvel wanted D Craig but he said he is singed for bond films

Singed? Well, he has had a couple of accidents on his two Bonds so far, so he's obviously pre-planning them now.
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    I think you're all missing the point of this thread. Max E knows that Craig will most likely return. He's just proposing a "what if."

If Craig were to not return for 23, I would love to see Gerard Butler as Bond!

But yeah it aint gonna happen. Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever!
    Stuck with? DC is a God send to the franchise.

I don't want him to leave now. He's adding some much needed credibility to the series again.
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    I suppose it could work but I think DC's got a few more films in him yet.
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    Personally, I could see the Bond franchise take a hit when Craig finally hangs up the PPK and the Aston. I wouldn't be suprised if they stopped making Bond films for a while. Though if that happened, I'm sure it would be revived at some point.

I've got a lady friend who has never sat down and watched a full Bond film until CR. She loved it and QOS even more because of the actor. She says that he is "walking sex." She can't keep her eyes off him for a moment. She's got such a massive crush on him; it's unfathomable. Therefore, I would agree that the franchise will take a hit when he leaves because if my friend is any indication of a global phenomenon, Craig introduced a whole new audience to Bond.
  • KylemanKyleman Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Dude noway do you know how much he made being bond he will be thenext Roger. (In terms of as many movies)
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Kyleman wrote:
    ...he will be thenext Roger. (In terms of as many movies)

That would be great :007)

:D
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    Kyleman wrote:
    Dude noway do you know how much he made being bond he will be thenext Roger. (In terms of as many movies)

I sure as hell hope so!!!
    Barbel wrote:
    marvel wanted D Craig but he said he is singed for bond films

Singed? Well, he has had a couple of accidents on his two Bonds so far, so he's obviously pre-planning them now.

ya , it is a rumor and if he dose want to do more bond i think this(bond 23)will be his last

for more check

http://screenrant.com/daniel-craig-turns-thor-rob-4024/

oh and sorry ,as i read it again it never said he was singed for another bond
  • c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5 Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    Craig don't do this your great

stay for another 2 pls

All Daniel Craig has to do now is Google his own name!

:)