Bonds Knife

13»

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    For anyone in the UK interested in these, I'll be getting in some direct from the supplier so no paying silly prices on shipping etc. Stay tuned and I'll keep you updated.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Double OO AgentDouble OO Agent englandPosts: 24MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    There is a place in the uk selling these http://www.tactical-ops.co.uk/ £35.95. Got mine about a week ago.Holding off on cutting at the sheath till we get some solid info.Really nice knife though.
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    We need some screen caps!!!

I've seen the film 4 times, but that hasn't helped. Here in the US, QOS is fading from the movie screens, so we are looking at a three month wait for the first of the DVD "special" "ultimate" and "ultra-ultimate" editions.

I don't have the Bond on Set QOS Book, could there be a photo in there????

I have found that the knife and shealth sans the extra straps carries quite well in a pocket. I have resisted cutting away the cordura on the shealth. The velcro is the best way to secure the knife, without it Bond would have to carry the knife and shealth loose in a pocket ..... I guess that's reasonable since the knife is only on screen for a few seconds....
  • ycpchiefycpchief USA (PA)Posts: 95MI6 Agent
    Friends,

For those in the US that have this or a similar knife and are considering carrying it on their person, you may want to check your state laws regarding prohibited offensive weapons. Here in Pennsylvania this knife, with its double edge would be considered a "dagger" and would be illegal to carry except by law enforcement officers. I know some other states have similar laws to PA. Just a heads up. I wouldn't want any fellow AJBers to get jammed up.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Thanks for the heads up, as I AM in PA. And here I thought PA was pretty lenient with weapon policies. Live and learn.
    ycpchief is right, in fact in some areas carrying a "dagger" is a felony, while packing a loaded pistol is a misdeameanor.....go figure!
  • cpoulos62cpoulos62 Station UPosts: 451MI6 Agent
    ycpchief wrote:
    Friends,

For those in the US that have this or a similar knife and are considering carrying it on their person, you may want to check your state laws regarding prohibited offensive weapons. Here in Pennsylvania this knife, with its double edge would be considered a "dagger" and would be illegal to carry except by law enforcement officers. I know some other states have similar laws to PA. Just a heads up. I wouldn't want any fellow AJBers to get jammed up.

Guess one should consider their S&W HRT series as a backup!
  • Mr_IceMr_Ice USPosts: 137MI6 Agent
    In Maryland, you can't carry a fixed blade, only folders. Oh well, my wife got me one for Christmas anyway. Knife laws are vague here: seems it is up to the arresting officer to determine your intent with regards to the knife you have on you. I think I'll not test that situation.

Anyway, I did the sheath mod as well: Texas Knifemaker supply sells gerber clips for the back: http://www.texasknife.com/ w00t!
  • Mr_IceMr_Ice USPosts: 137MI6 Agent
    edited January 2009
    I keep double posting here. My bad.
  • 00-Lawliet00-Lawliet Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hmm, bit of a bump! Even though times are tight, I couldn't help myself from picking up a new "toy" to celebrate QoS. My Sting arrived this morning!

Hmm, I'll keep the modification to the sheath in mind, but I kinda like it the way it is. Out of the box, the blade can be worn on the inside of the arm, or on the back on your belt - both preferred methods by literary 007 (specifically in Gardner's "For Special Services"). Though those knives were supposed to be Sykes-Fairbarn commando daggers in that book. It may have said something about them being modified. They'd about have to be...pretty sure the originals are too long (big too...) to carry concealed on one's forearm.

Of course...here in NC any concealed-carrying of **ANY** fixed-blade knife is verboten, so I guess I'll be limited to carrying it around the house. Never MIND the fact that I have a license to carry as many concealed HANDGUNS on my person as I can hide. Man, lawmakers are seriously dense in this state.

For fellow knife enthusiasts irritated by things like this, may I suggest joining "Knife Rights?" It's a lobbying group trying to stop further restrictions on knife ownership/carrying here in the States. An 'NRA' for knife owners instead of gun owners if you will...
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    For anyone in the UK interested in these, I'll be getting in some direct from the supplier so no paying silly prices on shipping etc. Stay tuned and I'll keep you updated.

hi asp9mm, did you ever get any of these ? cheers.
    Yeah, got em and sold them. There was another thread somewhere.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Yeah, got em and sold them. There was another thread somewhere.

bugger lol
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    anyone know where to get just the "Zytel Sheath CR2020"?
  • scudracerscudracer Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    It's surprising that there is so little info about this knife. The Sting suits Bond's character, IMHO.

Hope it is not too big a sin to revive this thread.

Recently watched two videos by AJB posters who have updated information on this knife. It would appear that the film used handle was wrapped in paracord or something similar. This was new information to me. No mention of the s health issues.

This knife is very interesting - more so since it has only seconds of screen time. Were images of the knife finally released? Would be interested to see them posted along with any subsequent information on why the CRKT was selected, and was it perhaps used in a deleted sequence.

This is even more interesting since in the only knife fight in the film Bond uses a pair of scissors !

edited July 2021

They didn’t even use a real knife in the final cut.

So if the knife was poly, did it have the wrap? Did the sheath turn out to be a recovered factory item.

There is sure a lot of conflicting information on this wonderfully obscure prop…

edited July 2021

The wrap on the cast knife was part of the casting.