Who Should Do The Bond 23 Theme Song

another way to dieanother way to die Posts: 111MI6 Agent
lets find out .
i think they should get someone who did the old theme songs,but i might be wrong

Comments

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Someone mentioned this person for the Bond 21 or maybe Bond 22. Forgive me for not being able to give credit where credit is due, but the fellow poster mentioned, and I agree with th artist we all know as Sting.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,220Chief of Staff
    The Killers have been spoken about, and David Arnold likes their work.
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    I like The Killers, that would be alright by me. Personally I would like a more traditional song, I hated the last three, although DAD did work with the pre-title footage.
  • zig zagzig zag EnglandPosts: 244MI6 Agent
    Anyone but jack white,thank you very much!!
    "Yes,dammit,I said "was".The bitch is dead now."

"It's not difficult to get a double 0 number if your prepared to kill people"
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    zig zag wrote:

:)) :))
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,519Chief of Staff
    edited December 2008
    zig zag wrote:

Yea, you are right. Jack pretty much nailed it first time - great tune -{ {:)

I'll stick with the band I've been after for 6 years or so now Goldfrapp.
    YNWA 97
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I like Goldfrapp myself, but I'm willing to propose something different. Given that the last three Bond themes are among the weakest (if not worst) in the series, I think EON should end the trend toward hiring singer-songwriters and indulging them in their latest vanity projects. I say give John Barry whatever he wants just to write a melody. That done, get a good lyricist--what's Roger Waters doing these days?--and then get a singer, famous, obscure, or somewhere in between, to sing the song. Now wouldn't that be something?
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • TylerTyler Posts: 184MI6 Agent
    Guns N' Roses! lets hear Axl blasting it out yeah!
    Never fear the event
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Tyler wrote:

But it'll take him 19 or 20 years to do it!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Tyler wrote:

But it'll take him 19 or 20 years to do it!

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    I rather like that the producers are going with less conventional -- and therefore, less predictable -- singers for the Bond songs, but if we were to go with "established" singers, please find ones with a set of pipes and who can hold a tune. That means no Sheryl Crowe, no Shirley Manson, no bubble gum pop singers. If a ballad is on deck then it's a good time to finally give Annie Lennox a chance at Bond. I would even accept crazy Amy Winehouse. If there's something moodier in store, how about Depeche Mode or not that it would ever happen, but David Bowie? Goldfrapp is fine, and I'm sure there are other singers out there more like to appeal to both Gens. X and Y.

EDIT: I'm fine with another instrumental being used so long as the melody is remarkable.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,766MI6 Agent
    After two long overdue male voices (and Alicia Keys) doing the title songs, perhaps it's time for a more traditional ballad with a female star? Bond is slowly turning into the Bond we knew (but in the best possible way) and the gunbarrel will be back in the right place in Bond 23. Singers like Beyonce or Christina Aguilera would certainly deliver the goods!
  • BWS CapoBWS Capo Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    I think Phil Collins & Genesis could make a classic theme song, or Bon Jovi would be good. Rumors of Quantum were finnish rock band H.I.M was supposed to do it, they are a great band too.
  • another way to dieanother way to die Posts: 111MI6 Agent
    not anything like the last 2

YOU KNOW MY NAME was 4 of 10

ANOTHER WAY TO DIE was 3 of 10

that's my thought on it.

some of the posts so far have being good
  • jorgemjorgem DTWPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    How about Steely Dan to perform the theme song?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    * yawn *
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    I think Duffy or perhaps Seal.
  • Commander KellCommander Kell Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Duffy...great voice.

or perhaps Tom Jones again.

If its a band........The Verve!!!!!
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    i think they should get someone who did the old theme songs,but i might be wrong

Shirley Bassey came back ... twice, They wasnt wrong, They were great :)

I think a David Arnold Instrumental would be great 8-) -{
  • c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5 Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    Lisa Gerrard is my suggestion. She's more classical, whilst still having a powerful voice.

:)
  • RavenstoneRavenstone EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    Well, as they've reunited and are on tour next year (and I have my tickets!) I would like to suggest -

ULTRAVOX

Think about it - the best Bond tracks were 80s bands, pretty much. And no-one does 80s music like Ultravox.

And if not Ultravox, then just Midge Ure. He's still creating some great music. He could do it no problem.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,743MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    Here's a shot in the dark...how about Bruce Springsteen. The guy actually can write a song with a melody and good lyrics and can definately play some twangy Bondian licks on guitar. He also has a best song Oscar under his belt. His music may not evoke Bond, but I think with his talent he could pull it off well. It would be nice to have a theme song with a melody good enough for Arnold to incorporate it into the score. Ah, what the heck...John Barry please come back for just one more.....
    jorgem wrote:
    How about Steely Dan to perform the theme song?

Yes...very funny jorgem.

I deleted your post about using Steely Dan again...please no more...we all know what Steely Dan is... 8-)
    YNWA 97
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    I'd like a strong female voice...something lung bursting and unforgettable...

So either Leona Lewis, or my new favourite....(and I'm so pleased she won the X factor..) my namesake Alexandra Burke. Let's add some real Glam and talent to the proceedings....:D * -{

* Note to SiCo ...this is where my girl smiley would be fab ;)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Lexi wrote:
    my namesake Alexandra Burke.

Ok - I'm guessing at Alexandra or are you a Burke ? {:) {:) ;%
    YNWA 97
    ;% crickey...hadn't even thought of that :))

well....some have said both* :D

*but I was thinking more of the Alexandra bit ;)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5 Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    You can't have an X-Factor winner performing the theme for a Bond film. Is it not a bit...cheesy?

:#
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,220Chief of Staff
    You can't have an X-Factor winner performing the theme for a Bond film. Is it not a bit...cheesy?

Ever so slightly. Confidently predict ain't gonna happen!
  • jorgemjorgem DTWPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    How about Hall and Oates?
    Barbel wrote:

Ever so slightly. Confidently predict ain't gonna happen!

Well some might not like the "clone" that is the X factor winner...as mentioned by Lady R....but I think that if talent is found through a show such as the X Factor, or Pop Idol, (and let's not dismiss the success that is Will Young, or Girls Aloud - and record sales surely prove the popularity of these types of acts) then I can't see why Alexandra can't be a choice.

Leona's name was banded around for the QoS title theme, and who knows, with the controversy of Jack White's number, who's to say that hers wouldn't have been a better choice.

I'm going to keep a note of this post...just to see how it turns out in 2 or 3 years time. :D