The Perla de las Dunas Hotel questions

Just to make sure for myself...the Perla de las Dunas Hotel starts blowing up and burning because the Police Chief's truck crashes into the building and "hydrogen cels" start exploding?

Also, does Greene own this hotel?

And, when the Chief and General are talking about securing the hotel, are we to think there were guests there that were just kicked out?
Just wondering.

Comments

• darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    I don't remember what 'kicked off' the fire, but I do know that many batteries vent small amounts of hydrogen gas, which in an enclosed space, can be extremely volatile. This is why you should never put batteries next to an open flame. The batteries themselves can be explosive should the hydrogen inside choose to ignite (and it doesn't take much of a concentration to be volatile).
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    Yes, the hotel starts to explode due to the truck going into the wall, which starts off a chain reaction of hydrogen cell explosions.

As far as the hotel being Greenes...no.

As far as there being people in the hotel...I assume there were people there, but nobody when the excitement starts.

You are all welcome to disagree. :v
    "We have all the time in the world..."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Yes, the hotel starts to explode due to the truck going into the wall, which starts off a chain reaction of hydrogen cell explosions.

As far as the hotel being Greenes...no.

As far as there being people in the hotel...I assume there were people there, but nobody when the excitement starts.

You are all welcome to disagree. :v

I seem to recall a bit of dialogue where someone asks someone if there was any trouble 'getting the hotel'...seems like Greene rented it out for his own use, maybe?

Clearly three viewings isn't enough :v
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    Yeah, I don't know...the details are fuzzy. I definitely think that Greene doesnt own the show...but the rental is a possibility.

I still think that the police chief comandeered the joint and kicked everyone out that was staying there. I don't think Greene had anything to do with it. Idk though, when I see it later this month I will listen closely...it may just be another fuzzy plot detail. {:)
    "We have all the time in the world..."
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    My take was that...

Medrano and the Police Chief secured the hotel, allowing no one else to use it. Why it had to be a hotel, and why no one else could be there, i dunno. It could have taken place in a dark alley, but alas.

The hotel just explodes when one truck hits a battery i think, something like that. Cue the villain having a self destruct button ala YOLT.
  • c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5 Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    taity wrote:
    My take was that...

Medrano and the Police Chief secured the hotel, allowing no one else to use it. Why it had to be a hotel, and why no one else could be there, i dunno. It could have taken place in a dark alley, but alas.

That's exactly what I thought. I didn't think anything of Medrano, the Police Cheif and a criminal mastermind securing the hotel. That's childs play for them.

:)
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,299Chief of Staff
    It's a James Bond film- things explode!
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    I would say that it was definitely not inhabited. I'm guessing it was freshly constructed and yet-to-be christened. Everything had a fresh new look to it, so it was probably awaiting guests. The landscape was at yet rather lackluster. The most defining proof though was when the flames caught and everything went down the crapper, the only person seen fleeing the premises was Greene. It's hard to say whatever happened to that poor waitress with the upskirt.
  • fireleu6169fireleu6169 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    She must have vaporized in the Fire/explosion. Bond should have saved them both.