Is it just me...

J_BurnhamJ_Burnham Posts: 40MI6 Agent
Or does it seem that in QoS Daniel (lol thanks bondaholic ;% )Craig sports far more suits than any other James Bond and wears far less casual clothes, I mean is it really practical to wear a suit on a plane and then in Bolivia? If this has previously been discussed I appologise, but it just struck me as odd, considering all of the places he goes, you certainly don't see him in a pair of shorts!!
Any thoughts
JB -{

Comments

• bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    Is this a female Bond topic or do you mean Daniel ? ;)

Prehaps this is all leading to Bond 23
  • SIS7777SIS7777 Lots of different placesPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    Obviously you've never seen a Brosnan film. It is almost comedic the situations in which formalwear is worn.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    This is a joke, right? 8-)
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    SIS7777 wrote:
    Obviously you've never seen a Brosnan film. It is almost comedic the situations in which formalwear is worn.

Seriously. Craig doesn't wear suits in QOS anymore than any of the other Bonds have in their films. I personally enjoyed him wearing more suits than he did in CR. It really helped to establish him as Bond.
  • J_BurnhamJ_Burnham Posts: 40MI6 Agent
    sorry, i was only enquiring if you had an opinion on it, my mistake
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,269MI6 Agent
    No worries Burnham, though perhaps it's more noticeable with Craig because he's a more down to earth Bond whereas Brosnan was a more tailored, iconic figure (or shop dummy if you prefer!)
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    :007)
    No worries Burnham, though perhaps it's more noticeable with Craig because he's a more down to earth Bond whereas Brosnan was a more tailored, iconic figure (or shop dummy if you prefer!)

Harsh. :v

Seriously though, DC doesn't wear as many or more suits than Brozzers wore...certainly. I think it's part of the JB persona going around wearing suits in situations where no one else in their right mind would ya know?

On that note, he also has some great outfits for some of the other scenes that look casual and good for the scene.

I thought the wardrobe was really sharp and matched everything going on for the most part. The things he was wearing made sense for the part he was playing. :007)
    "We have all the time in the world..."
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    I like that Craig got his suits believably dirty in action situations. If you get cut, you bleed. If you get hit, you soil and bruise. Not since the days of Thunderball have I seen Bond patching himself up after a lethal encounter.
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    He did wear a few cardigans in QOS ?

Madagascar in CR he also had no suit on ?

I think the suits give him class :007)
  • thegoldengunguythegoldengunguy USAPosts: 21MI6 Agent
    I believe it is just you, lol.
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    I wonder how the construction site would have differed if he had a suit on for that, would have been kinda funny.
  • jack008jack008 London, EnglandPosts: 39MI6 Agent
    well with how fitted brionis are i think craig would have had alot of difficulty climbing a crane in a tailoring!

just imagine those ripped sleeves!!! poor suit that would have been.

don't mind those ugly tom ford things being destroyed though, I mean bond in american suits, why? no offence but it just isn't bond, and the cut of those things is nothing special.
  • c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5 Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    taity wrote:
    I wonder how the construction site would have differed if he had a suit on for that, would have been kinda funny.

I'd like to see that sequence with Bond wearing a peal-white dinner tux, complete with a giant red flower through the button hole.

:D