Danny Boyle says no to Bond #23

LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
According to MI6, The Sun---that paragon of journalistic verisimilitude---is reporting that Danny Boyle has "no plans" to direct a James Bond film, despite being a fan:

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=7400&t=mi6&s=news

Take it for what it's worth ;) Still, it's good to see that the rumour mill has sputtered to life...
Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
"I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
"Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM

Comments

• taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    After winning so many oscars for slumdog millionaire is it all that surprising that he gets associated with Bond? Of course if Bond is released end 2010 it means it wont be until about July that we start hearing the names of potential directors.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    It's always interesting to see who ends up getting the Bond gig, especially these days. I hope the next director doesn't aspire to reinvent the wheel---again...
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Good track record wouldn't you say?

- Trainspotting
    - The Beach
    - 28 Days Later
    - Sunshine
    - Slumdog Millionaire (Haven't seen yet)

Years before the rumours began I wanted Boyle to direct Bond, oh well :(
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Trainspotting - The best movie I'll never watch again, as long as I live :o

28 Days Later - Great zombie flick; highly recommended :o :o

Sunshine - Brilliant (pun intended) B-)

I'll catch Slumdog on disc eventually...but the concept isn't much of a 'grabber' for me...
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Boyle tends to bend genres to his will, as opposed to bringing in a decent genre film. Like what he does, but fear he'd pull an Apted. Pass.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    I'm not sure Danny would be my first pick but he does go into a club that's only a few minutes from me...I could have always nipped in for a pint with him :D

Perhaps he could bring DC along with him, we could make a night of it :))
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Having watch most of his movies Danny Boyle would be fine,His latest "Slumdog" is beautifully
    shot and after reading that Marc Forster wants to do another Bond I'd just like to use a Noel Coward remark on being offerd Dr No " NO, NO, NO,NO,NO"
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."