FYEO soundtrack

Mister WhiteMister White The NetherlandsPosts: 814MI6 Agent
edited March 2009 in James Bond Music
I just bought this.

Have to say that I was less than impressed...:(

Then again, maybe people will say that about the QOS soundtrack in 27 years?
"Christ, I miss the Cold War."

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I remember buying it when it first came out, it sure was not J Barry, Runaway in the ski chase was good. IMHO the QOS Soundtrack is one of D Arnold's Best
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    FYEO is from Bill Conti.

As much as I respect David Arnold, his first 2 scores have been best and then they turned down.
    Thus I won't dare to compare such a gem with QoS :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes I Noticed Bill Conti's Name On the Cover When I Bought it.But Each To Their Own I think Arnolds Best Work So Far Has Been CR & QOS. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • IcePakIcePak Perth, Western AustraliaPosts: 170MI6 Agent
    I love most of the FYEO soundtrack. Perhaps it sounds a bit dated and cheesey, but I don't mind. :)
    1. CR 2. OHMSS 3. GE 4. TLD 5. FRwL 6. TMWTGG 7. FYEO
    8. OP 9. TSWLM 10. SF 11. TND 12. LtK 13. NTtD 14. GF
    15. AVtaK 16. LaLD 17. TWiNE 18. MR 19. YOLT 20. DN 21. TB
    22. SP 23. DAD 24. QoS 25. DaF
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent
    If we compare 'Bond 77' with 'Runaway' I think Marvin Hamlisch did a better job than Bill Conti of turning a popular musical style of his day into something authentically 'Bondian', but despite its datedness the FYEO score is lavish, big and sweeping - well-judged for an action and adventure movie with splashes of romance.
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Conti's score gets far better in the movie's second half, when he relies more on the strings and less on percussion; he handles the underwater sequences well (though not, of course, as well as JB).