QoS and Licence to Kill....

JimmyBond0129JimmyBond0129 United States Posts: 263MI6 Agent
Is Quantum of Solace similar to Licence to Kill? Because in both films Bond is "out for revenge" and he doesn't sleep with the main Bond girl.
"I admire your courage, Miss?..." "Trench, Sylvia Trench."

"I admire your luck, Mister?..." "Bond, James Bond."

Comments

• General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    I believe Bond does sleep with Pam Bouvier actually. They go 'below deck' after their boat runs out of fuel.
  • JimmyBond0129JimmyBond0129 United States Posts: 263MI6 Agent
    edited March 2009
    I believe Bond does sleep with Pam Bouvier actually. They go 'below deck' after their boat runs out of fuel.

Pam Bouvier's account of what happened in Licence to Kill during the "Bond Girls Are Forever" special contradicts that but I suppose her memory could be distorted.
    "I admire your courage, Miss?..." "Trench, Sylvia Trench."

"I admire your luck, Mister?..." "Bond, James Bond."
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Even if they don't have sex on the boat, the implications are they do at the end of the film.

Its funny, just today I was thinking that Licence and QOS are very similar, the only real difference is the small dribbles of characterisation are stronger in QOS, esp in that final scene. It does seem to make clear that taking Bond out of himself when it comes to his responsibilites and duty, and turning him into a dangerous rogue element just does not work.
    This is also highlighted by the fact that both Bond actors gave it their all,and were equally supported by other talented actors in the cast. Here's hoping the next film is more like CR was. I say that, cause to me QoS was a dreadful waste of talent and creative art.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?