Olga Wants Camille to Return

Just caught this, from Yahoo News:

Olga Kurylenko Wants to Appear in the New James Bond Film

The Ukrainian-born actress had "so much fun" shooting 'Quantum of Solace' opposite Daniel Craig - who plays the British spy - wouldn't hesitate to reprise her role as Camille if producers want her.

She said: "It wouldn't be for me to decide, but I'd go for it because when we filmed last year it was so much fun. Why would I refuse that fun again?"

Olga added it took her a while to develop the qualities needed to be a good Bond girl, which included overcoming many of her fears for the stunt-filled role.

She said: "To be a Bond girl you need courage, charm, determination and feistiness.

"Outside of work, I've done nothing daring - I don't even go on roller coasters. In character, you have to work through the fear and the nausea.

"I'd never do it in my own life, so I just think, 'Hey, this is your chance, do it now.' "

Olga's training included simulated skydives, which the 29-year-old says initially hurt.

She added to Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper: "It made me hurt in places I didn't even know I had muscles. But then I was doing it three times a week. By the end I was flying on my back and could do flips."

Personally, I thought Camille was a great character and I wouldn't mind seeing her again--especially as her relationship with Bond ended somewhat anticlimactically--but I highly doubt the producers would bring her back: the tradition of a new Bond girl in each film is pretty well established. But let's hope they don't get the idea of a dumb Camille spin-off movie!
Vox clamantis in deserto

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    QOS ended with Camille as Bonds friend. and it should stay that way,let the next film have no strings attached from the last two (apart from QUANTUM).Camille could return in a later outting.
    Her character would IMNO of been a second female lead in another Bond film.Someone out for revenge who Bond helps while He moves in on the leading lady.
    So not for the next film but after that Fine,It would be intresting to see Bonds character dealing with Camille who has shared his pain and emotions but not his bed. Well not yet :007)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,279MI6 Agent
    edited March 2009
    I found Olga to be an attractive and very likable leading lady in QoS; though having said that I'm hard-pressed to see what the character could contribute to another Bond film. I also think the filmmakers and even Craig himself are ready to move on to new territory - Craig said as much in several interviews.

Maybe they could use her in the PTS to Bond 23; give us a standalone mini-adventure ala what we got at the start of GF, TB, OP or TSWLM, with Bond being aided by and then finally bedding the lovely Ms. Kurylenko (along with a suitable Bondian line about catching up on some "unfinished business"), cut to the credits, and thereafter segue into a whole new story.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    edited March 2009
    Having Camille back is an interesting notion...but I don't expect it to actually happen---certainly not in #23, when I think they're going to try to broaden their horizons beyond the last couple of films, and probably not ever.

But it could work, perhaps, for #24; it would be nice (and refreshing) for Craig's Bond to have a female ally without the sexual baggage...or maybe they finally get together. Either way can be effective if done right.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    Much in the way that Bond meets Pola Ivanova "again" in AVTAK, it may be interesting to come across Camille again later down the road if her role had some intention. I would only welcome her back though as a crucial element to the story being told. I thought that Zukovsky's inclusion into TWINE was a little bit shoehorned.
    I always enjoyed Zukovsky, in both films. Along those lines, I wouldn't be surprised if Camille dosesn't survive a return appearance...
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Along those lines, I wouldn't be surprised if Camille dosesn't survive a return appearance...

I'm telling you DC is cursed!

He slept with Solange, she was killed.
    He slept with Vesper, she was killed (by herself ;)).
    He slept with Agent Fields, she was killed.

If he sleeps with 'Camille' then I would put my money on her being killed aswell.
    207qoznfl4.gif
    edited March 2009
    Along those lines, I wouldn't be surprised if Camille dosesn't survive a return appearance...

I'm telling you DC is cursed!

He slept with Solange, she was killed.
    He slept with Vesper, she was killed (by herself ;)).
    He slept with Agent Fields, she was killed.

If he sleeps with 'Camille' then I would put my money on her being killed aswell.

Well, by all accounts, Bond didn't sleep with Zukovsky, Kerim Bey or Mathis...and they didn't fare any better for it :))
    Neither did he share his blankets with Vijay, Luigi, Aubergine or Chuck Lee and yet voila!
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Maybe this curse is why the girl that Bond has at the end of the film never makes it to the beginning of the subsequent one... hmm...
  • Prince Kamal KhanPrince Kamal Khan Posts: 277MI6 Agent
    TonyDP wrote:
    I found Olga to be an attractive and very likable leading lady in QoS; though having said that I'm hard-pressed to see what the character could contribute to another Bond film. I also think the filmmakers and even Craig himself are ready to move on to new territory - Craig said as much in several interviews.

Agreed. Olga was OK but I see no need for her to return. There's too many other gorgeous Bond girls for 007 to meet. Sometimes less can be more and EON should let Camille be "the one that got away."
    Agreed. Olga was OK but I see no need for her to return. There's too many other gorgeous Bond girls for 007 to meet. Sometimes less can be more and EON should let Camille be "the one that got away."

Oh bravo! I couldn't have said it better. I like the way you put that.
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    Isn't her story arc basically done?

Also, if she were to return, she would probably have to die, and that usually brings in this revenge factor, which I think can sit for a few years...
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Ain't gonna happen !!

We always hear this - The Jinx character (Halle Berry) was to appear again and even get her own spin off series.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Ain't gonna happen !!

We always hear this - The Jinx character (Halle Berry) was to appear again and even get her own spin off series.
    Thank god that didn't happen. :#
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    Camille's character isn't interesting enough and her story is basically over. Bad idea.
  • EDOG51EDOG51 EnglandPosts: 29MI6 Agent
    What about the possibility of Olga returning as a double agent? the story of 007 in new york is about bond alerting the CIA of an insider working in thier branch, olga surely could be a good one for that after we percieved her as good at the end of QoS, perhaps it could be a massive twist late in the film ala Goldeneye with sean bean turning out to be evil.
  • scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
    I don't think she should return, I dont like her, plus I thought all this 'sequel' stuff was over and we were getting back to proper Bond?
    http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.