Favorite part of Quantum?

Whats your favorite part of Quantum? For me it's Bregenz Austria.
Away at Boot Camp, won't be back until April the earliest.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj258/monza860/

Comments

• StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    edited March 2009
    For me, the scene with Mathis drinking the wine in Italy. The scenary, the blue sky and sea, the outfit Bond wears (I have the same outfit and sunglasses). This is closely followed by the Virgin Atlantic plane journey.

I just love the relationship between Mathis and Bond, interesting that earlier in the film Bond comments to Cammile, "I don't have any friends." On arrival at La Paz, he says to Fields, "...my friend Mathis."

Fabulous!
    {[]
  • Mister WhiteMister White The NetherlandsPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    The whole sequence in Haiti.

:D
    "Christ, I miss the Cold War."
  • zig zagzig zag EnglandPosts: 244MI6 Agent
    The whole sequence in Haiti.

:D
    I agree especially the fight in the hotel.Would love to be that hard,take no s**t from anyone ever again:))
    "Yes,dammit,I said "was".The bitch is dead now."

"It's not difficult to get a double 0 number if your prepared to kill people"
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm one of the people who didn't really enjoy QOS but I did like Bond throwing Greene the can of oil.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Well I've only seen it twice, (DVD is on it's way ;) ) but I have to say for now, it's the Virgin Atlantic scene, but only because it resonates so closely to how Bond feels after loosing the 'one love' of his life - the way this scene was shot, and the script that accompanied it, well - pure perfection -{
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    the opening car chase, cutting between the lake and the cars, bond driving into the safehouse,bond clearing out the belltower,the hotel fight scene, the scene when bond is in the boat going back to shore after flipping the enemy boat,the whole opera scene,bond on the plane with mathis, all the scenes in Bolivia,especially the hotel escape,Bond holding camille in the fire,and bond and fields in bed,and then the ending in russia of course, its all these little scenes that made QOS my 2nd favorite bond film.
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    All the Bond and Mathias scenes, and the final scene of the film. - That last one has a theatrical stage production quality to it, and Dame Jude and Mr Craig play it beautifully. Nice cinematography on the very final shot too, harking back to CR, with Mr Arnold's haunting music closing that chapter of Bond's life into the past.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited March 2009
    I really enjoyed the entire film (despite my gripe with the editing philosophy, and some quibbles with the dramatic pacing), so it's hard to pick a favourite.

I really like the part where, after taking out four MI6 agents in the elevator, Bond has that brief conversation with M---and then jumps out onto the ledge of the hotel atrium, smoothly edges along it, and emerges on the other side B-)

A small thing...but a classic 'Bond Moment' :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    The point after they camp out in the sink hole, Bond and Camille begin to form a unique older-brother/younger-sister kind of relationship. I found this to be quite remarkable.
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    This film is like a bullet, it roars by at the speed of sound!

I like the airplane scenes with Mathis. The hotel room fight with Slate, and "We are teachers on sabbatical, and have just won the lottery." Fields was excellent!

Good film!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,792MI6 Agent
    There are many:
    - Bond at the opera
    - Bond escaping from MI6
    - Bond fighting in the art gallery

But if I have to choose one, it would be 007 checking the puls of the man in the hotel room till he is shure he is dead.
  • Suave AgentSuave Agent Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    TOSCA

It is just so Bond! He sneaks into a VIP event which every world leader/traitors. Steals a perfectly tailored suit that fits him ;).

Identifies that certain people are receiving special packages, knocks out someone (Who probably is of high command as most were high in their organisations e.g CIA/PM's close friend) to get the package.

Adds humour, by suggesting all of them meet elsewhere and takes pictures of them all, then leaves and as he is leaving just stands there with the enemy facing him.

Music plays and some great slow, no dialogue moments, a ruthless kill in the kitchen when the guy charges at Bond and he just shoots him.

Then he just throws the guy of the room.

I love the whole film but that bit was amazing.
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    I felt bad for my friend's dad. He is practically a shut-in because his wife is massively schizophrenic, and he hardly has a time to himself to enjoy. It came to the scene right after the "I think you people need to find a better place to meet," and the woman insisted she needed help to go to the lavatory. Fortunately they made it back in time for the plane sequence.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    for me, as an astonoholic, the bit where the 159 shot off the road into pieces.

leave the damn aston alone ya big meany!:o

back in the sensible world though, i'd say tosca or the final scenes.

the part where bond drops the love knot into the snow is particularly poignant, obviously as this is the moment bond's 'quantum of solace' is achieved. arnold's score 'i never left' is brilliantly woven into the scene and it all brings the film to a certain 'completed' outcome.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • BRIXMISBRIXMIS Great BritainPosts: 171MI6 Agent
    I think i'd go for the fight scene in the hotel in Haiti. Very gritty and brutal.
  • slingerslinger USAPosts: 79MI6 Agent
    I go with the Tosca sequence.
    It's Bond doing what he does best, get close to the bad guys and starts pushing the bad guy's buttons.
    "I really think you need to find a better place to meet."
    Staring Greene down in the theater lobby.
    Classic.
  • Suave AgentSuave Agent Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    BRIXMIS wrote:
    I think i'd go for the fight scene in the hotel in Haiti. Very gritty and brutal.

Like I said I prefer Tosca Opera scene, but I love the whole film. This bit though reminds me more of The Bourne Ultimatum.

I do like how raw Bond is though with his fighting, he is such a brawler. I mean in CR when he just throws the guy against the cubicle and in the hotel scene they are just slugging each other.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Most of the editing in QOS was lighting fast,yet I fond the fight in the hotel room painfully slow.You could almost see the guys leaving their arms out to be grabed,or a lock applied.And as you say pure Bourne. But Bond letting him bleed to death was cool,showing Bond as a skilled Killer.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."