Roof Chase

ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
Is it just me or do others feel that the roof chase in QOS feels too similar to the free running sequence in CR,and so loses some impact,even the fight on ropes feels like an idea they had for The building site in CR but didn't use at the time but shoved it in to QOS.I'm not knocking the technicians or stunt people and I know it was hard to film,I just feel it's been done, come up with something else.
"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    the siena chase scene for me seemed to lack the energy and excitement of the madagascar chase, first becuase the editing was way to fast ,especially in the cisterns, i have no clue what was going on in there, but the scene in the belltower was well done and the last shot of bond shooting mitchell was good as well. and second it kind of lost the fun factor once an innocent girl was shot.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    edited March 2009
    I read that M Forster wanted Bond to kill an innocent but was talked out of it,and i know what you mean about the lack of excitement.To be excited you have to know what is going on.I felt Bond was in more peril with the fight on the staircase in CR than in the fight in the Hotel room in QOS.Bond shooting Mitchel was cool, I have to agree.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    I did have similar thoughts when I first watched QOS - thinking it was a bit like the chase in CR. At the same time though, I think it is cool that the foot chase has become the trademark of the Craig films, rather than duels between excessively armed sports cars. As long as they can keep coming up with new ideas for innovative chases I'll be happy for them to continue. I felt they did quite well making the Siena chase unique.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,989Quartermasters
    edited March 2009
    It would be rather nice to see Bond as the pursued in a protracted foot chase, by an overwhelming number of pursuers...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    edited March 2009
    It would be rather nice to see Bond as the pursued in a protracted foot chase, by an overwhelming number of pursuers...
    Like the roof chase in You Only Live Twice?
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    While the roof chase echos CR'06, I think it's really a redo of the roof chase in OHMSS that was cut out and lost.
    Agent Wade wrote:

Something like that, perhaps. I was a big fan of the extreme long shot that Lewis Gilbert used there.

I was thinking more in terms of something like what they did when Bond was chased out of the bodega in QoS, but much longer and more elaborate: say Quantum's got fifty guys after Bond in a metropolitan setting. Eventually, it will evolve into vehicles, etc., but I'd like to see Bond 'escape and evade' a massive tactical dragnet. Or perhaps he ultimately doesn't evade them, and ends up captured. Either way, it can be cool B-)
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    Whoa! What you're talking about would be just amazing! I'm picturing what you're talking about and it's a very very good picture. If it was a city-wide cat and mouse chase, that would be something spectacular.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Agent Wade wrote:

Something like that, perhaps. I was a big fan of the extreme long shot that Lewis Gilbert used there.

I was thinking more in terms of something like what they did when Bond was chased out of the bodega in QoS, but much longer and more elaborate: say Quantum's got fifty guys after Bond in a metropolitan setting. Eventually, it will evolve into vehicles, etc., but I'd like to see Bond 'escape and evade' a massive tactical dragnet. Or perhaps he ultimately doesn't evade them, and ends up captured. Either way, it can be cool B-)

thats a fantastic idea! {[]
    edited March 2009
    I'm convinced that Bond can totally 'out-Bourne' Jason-Come-LatelyTM with something like this. It's all about style, really, and a bit of humour. If they do such a thing, though, Bond probably ought to get caught at the end. Not only is that unlike Bourne, it's almost crucial to the Bond formula! :D