Forum Upgrade

The forum upgrade will happen tomorrow unless the end of the world happens! The current forum is causing a lot of headaches so I have decided to upgrade even though the upgrade isn't 100% ready.

It is fully functional but lacks some of the features you know and love.

The plan is to close the site Sunday morning and open it again as soon as possible.

The site won't feature any graphics and the news/articles system will be down (or at least not upgraded).

If you wish to try the new site you can create a new account (it will be deleted come tomorrow) at http://new.ajb007.co.uk/

Any test accounts will not be linked to your active ajb007 account and will in no way affect anything you do here.

If you find any bugs or have any comments please post them here. This is a short test run - anything posted or entered on the test site will be DELETED.

I am primarily after layout errors but please post anything here. :D

Thanks to anyone who reports a problem, or just a post to say it works.
Simon

Comments

• bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    The rules on the rules page, are black text and so is the background, thus making it so you can't see the text.

Looks good though, it will take some getting used to.
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    Looks good! -{ I made a account to test it out is it alright to post?
    edited May 2009
    I did a test post, I really like the new posting page ;% :x

But it is starting to look like Commander Bond :#
    Which I am not too keen on, I would prefer this version.
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    Are these same smileys going to be here?
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    edited May 2009
    It is a little plain and boring but much neater and tidier and I like the 'Quick reply' feature and the 'Total number of posts' and 'Total number of topics' topics features at the bottom :)

(For some reason it won't let me sign in using my old account :s)
    207qoznfl4.gif
    SiCo wrote:
    will not be linked to your active ajb007 account and will in no way affect anything you do here.

;)

You have to make a new account (But it will be deleted tomorrow)
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    edited May 2009
    SiCo wrote:
    will not be linked to your active ajb007 account and will in no way affect anything you do here.

;)

Then how do you explain...

Alex
    Barbel
    darenhat
    Golrush007
    Hardyboy
    jamesbondmm
    jetsetwilly
    Lazenby880
    Loeffelholz
    Moonraker 5
    Predator
    scaramanga1
    SiCo
    Sir Miles
    The Mantis
    Willie Garvin

...all having over 1000 posts?
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • agent 00agent 00 Univex Station L Netherlands Posts: 340MI6 Agent
    the new site is quicker loaded on my computer
    like that very much.
    the old site was very slow after the hacking attack.
    Sico hopefully the upgrade goes smooth tonight.
    goodluck {[]

Jan
    Jan

" Sono Topolino, e tu chi saresti? ".
    http://www.facebook.com/agent00univex
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    SiCo wrote:

;)

Then how do you explain...

Alex
    Barbel
    darenhat
    Golrush007
    Hardyboy
    jamesbondmm
    jetsetwilly
    Lazenby880
    Loeffelholz
    Moonraker 5
    Predator
    scaramanga1
    SiCo
    Sir Miles
    The Mantis
    Willie Garvin

...all having over 1000 posts?

A while back SiCo mentioned the Mods have been testing the new site. My guess the Quartermasters have been to. That might explain why they have over 1,000 posts.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Mr Martini wrote:
    A while back SiCo mentioned the Mods have been testing the new site. My guess the Quartermasters have been to. That might explain why they have over 1,000 posts.

No, we didn't write 1,000 posts on the new site. SiCo simply transferred the number of posts everybody had at the time. It's as easy as that!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    The rules on the rules page, are black text and so is the background, thus making it so you can't see the text.

Looks good though, it will take some getting used to.

Fixed this thank you for pointing it out.
    Simon
    I did a test post, I really like the new posting page ;% :x

But it is starting to look like Commander Bond :#
    Which I am not too keen on, I would prefer this version.

I'm glad you like the posting page. I'm not sure which elements you are referring to in your second comment, I will do my best to make this site as much like the old site as possible. However some changes are long over due so it won't be identical to the old site.

The rest of the posts are largely irrelevant now as the new site is live and not a test site. Therefore all user accounts are real!

As for the design I am doing my best to bring back graphics as I can. I have spent hours tearing my hair out over the migration so I figured it was better to get it working then pretty things up!
    Simon
    edited May 2009
    1) All the posts in 'James Bond Trivia Challenge' are gone. Does this mean new games?

2) The gender, from, registered & posts from the members cannot be seen because it is grey text on a grey background.

3) Where has the avatar gallery gone

4) Where has the favourite films feature gone?
    207qoznfl4.gif
    Please see this topic for all new discussions with regards to errors. I will answer your questions there, others are already answered there. - http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/33182/new-ajb007-overview/
    Simon
This discussion has been closed.