• GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent
    Prolly her bf being premature about announcing her death
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Sad news , RIP Tanya Roberts

Much too early, much too young!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    RIP Barbara Shelley - the first lady of British horror. Although a good age it appears she was taken too soon. One of my all time favourite leading ladies and certainly ticked all my boxes. Such a fine woman. She will be sorely missed.

This year sucks already X-(
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Alas, Barbara Shelley. Wonderful in Hammer movies, including two of my favourites (Dracula, Prince Of Darkness and Quatermass And the Pit). In the first of those, she all but steals the movie- except, well, Christopher Lee is unstealable from in a Dracula movie unless you're Peter Cushing.
    Re-united with Dracula and Gordon (George Sanders) , her hubbie in Village of Damned :(
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Sad to hear of the death of Michael Apted. TWINE was the second James Bond film I saw in the cinema and to my mind it remains one of Pierce Brosnan's best, along with GE.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Such a shame to hear about the death of Michael Apted :#

He was a great documentary and film maker...his Up series was truly remarkable...he also directed some Coronation Street episodes...

RIP -{
    YNWA 97
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    RIP Michael Apted, the Up series was phenomenal.
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent
    Though I'm a Bond fan, there aren't many I'd really liked in the last :# 30 years.

Two I liked unreservedly.

One of those was The World Is Not Enough.

I had misgivings when I heard Apted had been selected. But I really liked this movie. Not saying the bar was set so high by the previous ones, but for me it hung together well, some genuinely witty jokes 'See you back at the lodge' and nothing too cringey. Brosnan looked his best in that one, imo. The audience in Odeon Leicester Square got behind it.

-{ Cheers Mister Apted.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    A great filmmaker. RIP, Michael Apted.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,702MI6 Agent
    edited January 2021
    Controversial around here perhaps, but to me Apted's best work was the episodes of "Rome" (The reason God created DVD boxes) he directed.
    Peter Mark Richman (F13 , Longst with B Lee , voice of The Phantom in 80s toon DoE)
    Phil Spector dies in jail

Legendary music producer turned reprehensible human being - well he was in jail for murder, after all.
    Legend of the 60s.
    Nutter almost from the get-go really and it's hard to wax lyrical about his great sounds but still - what great sounds.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Yes I stopped short of adding his passing to the tributes thread for obvious reasons, but you can’t deny his contribution to music.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Sad news about the death of Rémy Julienne at the age of 90 from Covid-19. Truly a great stunt driver.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Sad news about the death of Rémy Julienne at the age of 90 from Covid-19. Truly a great stunt driver.

Remy is a legend! His greatest stunt was the tanker on 9 wheels in LTK. They were going to do the stunt using a rig to stabilise the tanker, but Remy managed to accomplish the stunt without one.

He came across as a kind man as well. He was active on twitter and would always answer questions from fans or interact with thier tweets.

RIP
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    I think the car chases in Remy Julienne's time working on the Bond films were probably the best in the series. RIP
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff

I’d heard he’d been taken ill but hadn’t heard he’d died... :#

An amazing stunt driver - RIP -{
    YNWA 97
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    Remy Julienne was an icon in the stunt world for his work with motor vehicles, time and again his work the many films he was a part of impressed me especially his work on the James Bond series. May he RIP.
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent
    Pulp horror author Guy N Smith sadly passed away on Christmas Eve due to COVID-19 complications. His major breakthrough was Night Of The Crabs in the early 70’s and he followed this with a large catalogue of best selling horrors. He also wrote some Disney adaptions and several non-fiction books on the countryside. He continued publishing up to his death and held an annual fan convention at his home.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent
    I hate this thread....

It’s my sad duty to report Yugoslavian born actress Mira Furlan,
    best known as the mysterious French woman in lost, and became a
    Sci-fi legend as Minbari Ambassador Dellen in Babylon 5 has passed at 65.

Some actors are a perfect fit for their roles and Ms Furlan was a classic
    Example. Kind funny and engaging, she was loved by co-stars (many becoming
    long term friends) and the fan base alike.

Damn.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    Larry King has died aged 87, RIP.
    edited January 2021
    The actor Bruce Kirby died on 24 January 2021, aged 95. He played Sergeant Kramer in six episodes of Columbo as well as other characters like a lab technician and a TV repair man. He was the last surviving recurring bit part player in Columbo.
    Well, many of us recognise that clip in an instant.

Of Young Frankenstine, who'd have thought she'd have outlasted Gene Wilder, Marty Feldman and most of the rest of the cast. That said, Mel Brooks is still going at the same age! (Hope this doesn't jinx him.)

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    RIP Cloris Leachman. I recently watched The Last Picture Show in which she starred, and gave a very fine performance I thought.

I think I'm one of the 2 or 3 people who didn't find much enjoyment in Young Frankenstein when I watched it, but I'm certainly up for giving it another go.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    :( RIP Captain Sir Tom Moore. A hero.
    Absolutely gutted to learn of the death of Captain Sir Tom Moore. RIP.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,702MI6 Agent
    Rest in peace, Tom Moore
    Very sad to hear of the death of the inspirational Captain Sir Tom Moore. Long may his memory last.

Also sad news about the death of Hal Holbrook. I watched him just last year for the first time in Magnum Force and he was brilliant in that. I enjoyed the twist at the end as I didn't see it coming at all!