If Quantum of Solace had been a remake of Live & Let Die instead

Comments

• PhillipPhillip Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    I thought the whole Bolivian oil debate in Quantum of Solace between the British and the Americans was a little overdone considering that the legality of the Invasion of Iraq is on everyone's lips at this very moment in time just like the Cold War era and space race between the US and Russia so aptly portrayed in You Only Live Twice.It was nothing more than a noble attempt to tag at the moral compass and conscience in all of us.Rather concentrate where the real power lies aptly the Banking Industry in the world which was so excellently done in the Clive Owen movie The International.That is after all why we are currently in a Global recession ....? thanks largely to the Banking sector and its credit policies !!!
  • JamesBondJuniorJamesBondJunior Posts: 67MI6 Agent
    Phillip wrote:
    I thought the whole Bolivian oil debate in Quantum of Solace between the British and the Americans was a little overdone considering that the legality of the Invasion of Iraq is on everyone's lips at this very moment in time just like the Cold War era and space race between the US and Russia so aptly portrayed in You Only Live Twice.It was nothing more than a noble attempt to tag at the moral compass and conscience in all of us.Rather concentrate where the real power lies aptly the Banking Industry in the world which was so excellently done in the Clive Owen movie The International.That is after all why we are currently in a Global recession ....? thanks largely to the Banking sector and its credit policies !!!

Thats one problem with recent Bond missions: if they want to include real world politics, at least approach it realistically.
  • cdsdsscdsdss JakartaPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    Phillip wrote:

Thats one problem with recent Bond missions: if they want to include real world politics, at least approach it realistically.

I thought both CR and QoS did better to approach politics realistically than any of the post-Cold War Bond films.