Daniel Craigs physique for Bond 23

2»

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    But the big question has to be, If all these ladies think he's so attrractive etc. WHY don't they go
    and watch his other Movies ? after all Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt seem to be able to bring out an audience.
    or is it being Bond that makes him attractive ? :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    But the big question has to be, If all these ladies think he's so attrractive etc. WHY don't they go
    and watch his other Movies ? after all Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt seem to be able to bring out an audience.
    or is it being Bond that makes him attractive ? :D

Not entirely sure I undertand your logic here, as I don't seem to recall the likes of George Clooney having too many cinematic blockbusters or well attended movies of late ... as far as I'm aware he's a reasonably popular bloke with the ladies, so where is his audience??? By the same token, Halle Berry & Jennifer Aniston are extremely fine looking women (ok IMO) & yet they seem to fail (numbers & attendance wise) at the box office too ... I know I wouldn't go out of my way to watch a movie that is a load of old guff solely because a pretty face is part of the cast.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    Brozzer did have that rational attractiveness that the narcissitic bloke could measure himself against, while Craig doesn't. Craig kind of breaks the Bond concensus.

Can't think of many other actors like him, could he have done it if not Bond? Maybe not, as it's rare that a female producer like B Broccoli can wield such power and catapult an actor to the top in that way. And a bloke might not have done it for Craig.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    It's one of the reasons that despite Brosnan's superficial advantages, he lags behind in the opinion of many of the educated and attractive women I know.

It's an odd one - and perhaps something to do in away with cultural differences between the US and the UK - that over here the impression is is that Craig's appeal is more as the "bit of rough", the gym obsessed, potential dullard who compensates by ripping his shirt off at every opportunity, most of them inappropriate, to make up physically for what he lacks in mental capacity, and therefore more likely to appeal to the "less educated" woman, blue collar appeal, if you will.

Brosnan's slimmer, un-gym-enhanced figure with its "so I'm slight, take me as I am" approach would be more in keeping with broader thinking, "more educated" woman. Brosnan's all-round appeal is far more sophisticated, white collar, essentially.

The fact that Brosnan looks like he spends a lot of time admiring himself in the mirror notwothstanding, of course...

Different perceptions of masculinity, of insecurity, of vanity.
    But that's just it -- a lot of the intelligent, educated women I know say Brosnan is the one who doesn't look too bright. They see him as an empty suit who gets by on his looks -- what would have been called a "mimbo" 15 years ago. Add to that that they think he's smarmy and not the genuine masculine article and it's easier to see how Craig, despite allegedly being less "sophisticated" in a superficial way, seems like a more genuine man that does Brosnan. Thus, Craig's masculinity is not just his body but also his "spirit"
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Its interesting to read how women differ in opinion when it comes to whose more attractive, Brosnan or Craig, Ive asked this a few times to a plethora of female friends and im pretty sure everyone of them has said Craig. This initially surprised me until i realized that Craig is more in tune with what most woman want it seems, the imperfect, rugged, manly man with a sensitive side. and like Babs said, he has that "animal magnetism" much like Sean did. plus it helps to have his famous eyes and physique.
    I think that's a big part of it as well.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Ens007 wrote;
    Not entirely sure I undertand your logic here

Logic never enters in to any of my arguments, same with comon sense and Coherent Thought. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Ens007 wrote;
    Not entirely sure I undertand your logic here

Logic never enters in to any of my arguments, same with comon sense and Coherent Thought. :D

At least you're honest!! :p :))
  • SherbrookSherbrook Melbourne AustraliaPosts: 137MI6 Agent
    My wife has followed Bonds since the 60s and her favourite appearance-wise is Brosnan

She has no time at all for Connery or Craig

Her second fave would be Moore as a total package and his self-deprecating stance

She hasn't ventured an opinion on Dalton

She said Lazenby is the most athletic-looking and fits clothes well
    I must be dreaming
  • R1R1 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Everytime I see one of DC's pictures, it just motivates me to get on that treadmill!