Skyfall to screen in IMAX

124»

Comments

• 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    Severine's nipples are worth the extra price of admission. -{
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,743MI6 Agent
    Just about filled to capacity for the 11/9 8pm IMAX showing (theater seats about 600).
    Good audience...even younger children were well behaved. Huge screen, big auditorium filled almost to capacity really made it feel like a big event. Lots of applause at the end. Great to see "James Bond Will Return" made me feel like a kid again.
  • The JohnsonThe Johnson Auckland, New ZealandPosts: 10MI6 Agent
    I went to see Skyfall at the IMAX about an hour from my place yesterday. I have to say that although I really enjoyed the film, I think I would have enjoyed it more had I watched it on a normal screen. At times I felt like there was just too much to take in at once. Maybe it's just me not being used to the huge screen and the completely engulfing experience but I just thought sometimes I was lost in the screen, and not in the film.

If you are used to the format then I am sure it is fulfilling and amazing. But as someone who has only seen one other film on IMAX I felt like I was struggling to take everything in, and am going to go again to a smaller screen to see if it makes a difference.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    Yeah, that's how I found it. Sit near the back if you have to do Imax, even then you're looking down on a huge TV screen, rather than starry eyes at the movies, looking up at the screen.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,743MI6 Agent
    Saw it in IMAX and the second time in a 210 seat theater with Sony 4k projection.
    First of all I have to give kudos to Roger Deakins for the masterful way he was able to frame and format the film for two different
    aspect ratios (2.35 to 1 vs 1.90 to 1 for IMAX) without compromising the image.

I found the Digital IMAX presentation to be superior to the Sony Digital 4k presentation.
    The huge difference in screen size not withstanding (the 70ft wide IMAX screen was more than twice the size of the regular screen), the quality of the projected image was just significantly superior in brightness, resolution, and depth of field (similar to 70mm).
    The IMAX surround sound mix was also much more emersive.
  • mfstudiomfstudio Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Dear James Bond fans from all over the world. I have most of the SKYFALL posters, but there's one I miss really much in my collection - It's the most beautiful and old-school IMAX midnight poster. Unfortunately, I'm from Czech republic and we don't have these exclusive posters available here, so I have a prayer, If someone can make an hi-res upload of that poster, so I can download it and print it on A3 paper? Thank you very much.