Skyfall James Bond leather jacket

Comments

• ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    yeah, thats just labeling as its the same version as posted above. The "REAL" black version is seen in post #81.

I bought mine second hand as when I did go back to Barneys they were all sold out (they only had four of these to begin with one being displayed on the mannaquin).
    Here are some pics of my jacket. Again, this is the correct version from the exact season Craig wears.

DSC06589.jpg

DSC06590.jpg

DSC06591.jpg

DSC06587.jpg

DSC06586.jpg

I will try to post some fit pics later...

According to me research and using Craigs stats (hes 5'10, 180 which is about where im at although he is slight bulkier than me in the shoulders), he is wearing a size MEDIUM in the film (he also wears a Medium in the BR Peacoat as well).

Mine is a medium so I will try to post some comparison shots later but i am really confident that the SA size is a medium (ive tried on the small and it just wouldnt work on Craigs frame)
  • 00-Shane00-Shane Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    I know people have ordered the jacket from Peggs and Son, but is it this one?

http://www.peggsandson.com/menlo-leather-jacket.html

The pictures show this to be the screen accurate version, am I right? This jacket certainly does not look the same as the one for sale on mrporter.com. To me it looks like Returningson's jacket.

Has anyone ordered this version from Peggs and if so, is it the same as the photo on the website, or is it the less distressed, newer version?
    Mr. Porters version should be the same but I do agree that it looks to be more brown overall with a "glaze"-y type finish. Maybe its just their photography set up...
    So just to clarify Returningson, do you think the Peggs version is the same as yours?
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    I have one from Mr Porter and I believe them to be the same jacket as everyone's else's.

It is just the photography.
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    My version was the original release 2010 season (not a later released one like all the ones currently avalible).
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    00-Shane wrote:
    I know people have ordered the jacket from Peggs and Son, but is it this one?

http://www.peggsandson.com/menlo-leather-jacket.html

The pictures show this to be the screen accurate version, am I right? This jacket certainly does not look the same as the one for sale on mrporter.com. To me it looks like Returningson's jacket.

Has anyone ordered this version from Peggs and if so, is it the same as the photo on the website, or is it the less distressed, newer version?

I ordered from there and it seems to be the screen accurate version from what I can tell.
  • timibladetimiblade Posts: 157MI6 Agent
    Hi guys , can you tell me what is the pit to pit length for size M and L please ?
  • don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    timiblade wrote:
    Hi guys , can you tell me what is the pit to pit length for size M and L please ?

im a 42 the L fits nice and snug, as it should
  • MI6 COMMANDERMI6 COMMANDER Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Just contacted the London store and they confirmed that the current brown version offered is the same cut and style jacket as in Skyfall but the screen version is last season's colour, this season's is darker and not as "beat up" they (production company) bought it last year from this store.

This is exactly as MrEddy21 had stated earlier. So the current version is a different shade.
    Appreciate the replies guys, I wonder is it possible to get comparison shots of last years and last years models?
  • DrBondDrBond USAPosts: 110MI6 Agent
    OK, jacket taken care of. How about the shirt?
    "My name is Pussy Galore."

"I must be dreaming."
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    DrBond wrote:
    OK, jacket taken care of. How about the shirt?

The shirt is taken care of, as well. Here's all the info - http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/38921/enjoying-death-skyfall-shirt/

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Have to say that having seen the film twice now, the whole leather jacket / Zara shirt etc ensemble is my favourite in the film. Sadly I'm not in the market for the jacket, but it looks spot on.
    Is anyone aware of any smalls available? The last small was snapped up at Peggs & Sons just before I could purchase it, and they're not getting any more smalls in. I'm absolutely gutted. :#

Otherwise I'm thinking of going with a medium, but this would be a big risk. I'm a size 38 in a suit- is anybody else a 38 and rocking a medium?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I am a 40-41 and rocking a medium...that being said a medium would fit but might not be as fitted as you like...fit pics...

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00206.jpg
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    00-Shane wrote:
    Is anyone aware of any smalls available? The last small was snapped up at Peggs & Sons just before I could purchase it, and they're not getting any more smalls in. I'm absolutely gutted. :#

Otherwise I'm thinking of going with a medium, but this would be a big risk. I'm a size 38 in a suit- is anybody else a 38 and rocking a medium?

If you are very quick there will be a small at mrporters.

If you are a 38 the medium will probably be a bit big! I'm a 38 to 39 chest and the small will be the one to go for!
    Ross
    Thanks for the replies guys,

Ross, just checked mrporter and most sizes are sold out. Do you know if they are getting a restock?
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    00-Shane wrote:

If you are very quick there will be a small at mrporters.

If you are a 38 the medium will probably be a bit big! I'm a 38 to 39 chest and the small will be the one to go for!
    Ross
    agreed. I'm the same size snd tried both. Kept the small.
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Not
    00-Shane wrote:

Ross, just checked mrporter and most sizes are sold out. Do you know if they are getting a restock?

Not a restock check your PM
  • The LimeyThe Limey Kent , EnglandPosts: 60MI6 Agent
    Sorry mate , it was ME that snagged that last small from Peggs & Son :D ..........it's beautiful too . Sorry.

00-Shane wrote:

skyfall1.jpg
    I ordered the pre order small from Pegg and sons along with a medium
    Ross
    LIMEY!!! What have you done to me?!?! I'm practically in tears looking at that pic, it is SO beautiful.

Congratulations mate, well wear -{

Thanks for the PM Jared, I'll look into it. Don't mean to be a menace, but is it just me or does the jacket from mrporter look different to Limey's one (the one I want)? Mrporter's looks like a solid brown leather whereas Limey's looks nicely distressed..
    00-Shane wrote:
    LIMEY!!! What have you done to me?!?! I'm practically in tears looking at that pic, it is SO beautiful.

Thanks for the PM Jared, I'll look into it. Don't mean to be a menace, but is it just me or does the jacket from mrporter look different to Limey's one (the one I want)? Mrporter's looks like a solid brown leather whereas Limey's looks nicely distressed..

Hi
    I checked, both the same style code and number just the picture looks different mr porters is distressed too
    Ross
  • The LimeyThe Limey Kent , EnglandPosts: 60MI6 Agent
    Lol !! Sorry mate , I know how you feel though !! These things are getting hard to find in our size! . Bit of advice .........don't get a medium . I'm 5'9'' , with a 38'' chest , and the small is perfect. You'd be wasting your money on a medium , as it simply wouldn't look right. You'll have to excuse my sh*t eating grin in the pic , but I was feeling rather pleased with myself :D
    00-Shane wrote:

skyfall2.jpg
    This is why I love AJB. Thanks a lot gents.

If anyone spots a size small online let me know!

-{
    edited November 2012
    Well Peggs and Sons seriously let me down after making a guarantee that they would get smalls in when I could still have got one elsewhere they blew it and now telling me they can't! No point in using them, so if anyone can help me get a small too!

I have heard mrporters will be getting another 100 jackets in from Levi Vintage but don't know for sure!
    I do hope they are producing some size smalls, every website that accommodates preorders only shows M-XL!

PLEASE LEVI! Just make 2 for Ross and I!!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Keeping my eyes peeled for you both...also thinking about creating on my site a WANTED section so collectors like you can make these requests etc....