The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,472Quartermasters
You spoke and they listened. I spent the last half hour speaking to Graham Heard of Billy Reid who heard back from Italy today that there will be a VERY limited re-issue of the peacoat seen in SkyFall! Graham was as excited as us (he is a big Bond fan) and all involved on their side are delighted to offer these coats. We also discussed Billy Reid's involvement with a future video podcast or two in order to bring to the Bond community the history and evolution of their involvement in Bond 23. It's a great story that we look forward to telling together. In addition we want to follow the experience of us as fans acquiring these coats from concept to delivery, but more on that later. For now, here are some of the general details with more to be shared by Graham himself!

These coats will be limited to 150 pieces and already there are 60 emails of interested parties! These are going to go fast. In addition they are looking for a delivery some time in November in an effort to coincide with the movie itself. Graham will be posting a comprehensive size chart to ensure everyone gets the appropriate fit. Price points still being decided on.

Next week we will be conducting a video podcast with representatives of the company to provide some of the amazing details and background of this item. For Bond lifestyle junkies this will be a lot of fun.

I started a separate thread so this discussion wouldn't get lost, so hopefully we can keep this on subject.

imageiii.jpg

image.jpg
«13456739

Comments

  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 425MI6 Agent
    Great News! Can't wait for the podcast.

    So, is this is same exact fit as this season's coat? I may pop in the local Billy Reid store to try for fit.

    Way to go everyone who emailed their interest! {[]
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Great news!

    Look forward to finalising my order whenever Graham's ready.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,851MI6 Agent
    Good to hear!!!! So glad a company listens!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Music to my ears! {[]
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    You spoke and they listened. I spent the last half hour speaking to Graham Heard of Billy Reid who heard back from Italy today that there will be a VERY limited re-issue of the peacoat seen in SkyFall! Graham was as excited as us (he is a big Bond fan) and all involved on their side are delighted to offer these coats. We also discussed Billy Reid's involvement with a future video podcast or two in order to bring to the Bond community the history and evolution of their involvement in Bond 23. It's a great story that we look forward to telling together. In addition we want to follow the experience of us as fans acquiring these coats from concept to delivery, but more on that later. For now, here are some of the general details with more to be shared by Graham himself!

    These coats will be limited to 150 pieces and already there are 60 emails of interested parties! These are going to go fast. In addition they are looking for a delivery some time in November in an effort to coincide with the movie itself. Graham will be posting a comprehensive size chart to ensure everyone gets the appropriate fit. Price points still being decided on.

    Next week we will be conducting a video podcast with representatives of the company to provide some of the amazing details and background of this item. For Bond lifestyle junkies this will be a lot of fun.

    I started a separate thread so this discussion wouldn't get lost, so hopefully we can keep this on subject.

    imageiii.jpg

    image.jpg


    Afternoon Guys -
    YES - very excited to announce that we were able to source the fabric used on the peacoat Daniel Craig wears throughout Skyfall.

    As mentioned, the production will be limited to 150 special pieces - the exact model and color worn in the film.

    In the next week to 10 days, the peacoat will be available for pre-order exclusively via www.billyreid.com. Before we make the peacoat available to the general public, I'll be sending each of you who emailed me a private link to the item so you guys can grab one (or two) before any one else knows about it. I'll also post the link to this forum once I've email the link to those who have contacted me directly.

    I will continue to post here as I have updates. Delivery should hit between week 1 and 2 of November and we'll immediately ship them out to those who preorder at www.billyreid.com

    This is a very special piece for us to produce as I am personally a huge James Bond fan and the opportunity for our brand to supply this peacoat directly to Bond 23 has been a great experience for all parties involved.

    Thanks again for your interest and still feel free to contact me at graham.heard@billyreid.com with any questions.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,472Quartermasters
    Graham, a few people would like to also see the size chart if you can post...thanks!
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 336MI6 Agent
    Absolutely fantastic news, thanks Graham for all your hard work and a clink of the pint glass in the direction of David too...

    Graham I eagerly await your email.

    Jonathan
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    Thank you! I'll be watching my email like a hawk. :)

    Just need that size chart now. :p
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    S M L XL XXL
    Length 29.25 30 30.75 31.5 32.25
    Chest 19.5 20.5 21.5 22.5 23.5
    Waist 18.75 19.75 20.75 21.75 22.75
    Shoulder 18 18.5 19 19.5 20
    Sleeve Length 34.5 35 35.5 35.75 36.25
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    mgheard wrote:
    S M L XL XXL
    Length 29.25 30 30.75 31.5 32.25
    Chest 19.5 20.5 21.5 22.5 23.5
    Waist 18.75 19.75 20.75 21.75 22.75
    Shoulder 18 18.5 19 19.5 20
    Sleeve Length 34.5 35 35.5 35.75 36.25

    I think you meant the Sleeve Lengths are 24.5 25 25.5 25.75 and 26.25

    Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 1,947MI6 Agent
    Great news! I need one of you clotheshorses to explain those measurements to me, though! I'm a 38-40 chest and a 32 waist (for now)...
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    Great news! I need one of you clotheshorses to explain those measurements to me, though! I'm a 38-40 chest and a 32 waist (for now)...

    The measurements are generally made with the clothing laid on a flat surface and measured across. Going for an exact size is probably a bad idea as it would look very tight on you with no room for other layers like a suit.

    If you measured your shoulders seam to seam (where the bone protrudes across the back of your neck as tight as possible and it measured 19" you would probably need to go up one size. You have to leave room for your other clothes as well.

    In my case I measure 18" across but will likely be 18.5" once I'm done working out so going with a Medium would end up looking fine now but too tight later on. A Large is my final size.

    Worst case scenario you can tailor it.

    For a better idea of how it feels we need Dave to chime in here as I believe he got his hands on a Large. I'm not sure if he had his tailored.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,522MI6 Agent
    Kuragami wrote:
    Great news! I need one of you clotheshorses to explain those measurements to me, though! I'm a 38-40 chest and a 32 waist (for now)...

    The measurements are generally made with the clothing laid on a flat surface and measured across. Going for an exact size is probably a bad idea as it would look very tight on you with no room for other layers like a suit.

    If you measured your shoulders seam to seam (where the bone protrudes across the back of your neck as tight as possible and it measured 19" you would probably need to go up one size. You have to leave room for your other clothes as well.

    In my case I measure 18" across but will likely be 18.5" once I'm done working out so going with a Medium would end up looking fine now but too tight later on. A Large is my final size.

    Worst case scenario you can tailor it.

    For a better idea of how it feels we need Dave to chime in here as I believe he got his hands on a Large. I'm not sure if he had his tailored.

    That's good advice. Typically a suit measures 2-3" larger than the chest and an overcoat measures 4-6" larger than the chest. But the number is your chest size. If your chest measures 40" you wear a size 40. A size 40 suit/sports coat measures 42-43" and a size 40 overcoat meausres 44-46". But now for a peacoat, it's a casual coat so you're not wearing a suit under it. You're probably wearing a jumper under it, which adds and inch or 2 to your chest size. So if your chest measures 40" the L, which measures 43", would be perfect. It looks like Daniel Craig wears some of his clothes too tight so they crease and strain, but that's not comfortable, it puts excess stress and wear on the clothes and it just looks sloppy. But his peacoat looks okay.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,472Quartermasters
    My peacoat was an XL but I had it tailored down quite some...at the time it was the only choice out there!


    photo_26.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,851MI6 Agent
    By the looks of the image where DC is sneaking around the glass building with neon lights etc his jacket seems pushed out as if he is wearing some chunky knitwear underneath the Billy Reid Peacoat.

    Mantis had an XL tailored according to the other thread
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,851MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    The Mantis wrote:
    My peacoat was an XL but I had it tailored down quite some...at the time it was the only choice out there!


    photo_26.jpg

    Looks great!

    Who would of thought a few months back that 3 jackets (4 incl RAF) would be available to the public from one film! :D (I guess 5 if anybody willing to pay for the long coat which I think Mantis confirmed as TF)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,472Quartermasters
    Welsh, I was just saying this to another collector yesterday...we have identified and can receive four of Bond's jackets months before the film premieres...amazing.

    Also, this is interesting, but Billy Reid supplied twenty coats for the Bond 23 Production...5 large and 15 medium. The mediums were used for "hero" shots and the larges for movement and stunt work. THEN Craig wound up ordering a personal coat in a size large...he probably wanted the roominess.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Also, this is interesting, but Billy Reid supplied twenty coats for the Bond 23 Production...5 large and 15 medium. The mediums were used for "hero" shots and the larges for movement and stunt work. THEN Craig wound up ordering a personal coat in a size large...he probably wanted the roominess.

    Thanks, Dave. You've made it nicely confusing! ;)

    Just decided I needed a Large and now I'm thinking Medium.... :#
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,851MI6 Agent
    From the measurements I need a XXL (usually XL)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent
    Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere or offline, but is there an idea on price for this please (UK)?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,851MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    Well the current price for this seasons version is $795

    http://www.billyreid.com/product/peacoat-black.html

    Believe price has yet to be confirmed on this special run but will be announced soon!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    From the measurements I need a XXL (usually XL)

    Yeah, from those I thought I needed a Large... but apparently DC squeezed into a Medium at some point!!!! :s
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,851MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    welshboy78 wrote:
    From the measurements I need a XXL (usually XL)

    Yeah, from those I thought I needed a Large... but apparently DC squeezed into a Medium at some point!!!! :s

    I believe when Mantis got the XL he was surprised by the sizing as it was not too bad though obviously needed taking in (believe he is a medium usually).

    Don't take my word for that as I don't want to speak for somebody else - maybe Mantis can confirm this??

    From the measurement chart above I would say the XL would be very tight for me and with a jumper no chance hence I think sizing up is a def in my case (XXL)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    From the measurements I need a XXL (usually XL)

    Yeah, from those I thought I needed a Large... but apparently DC squeezed into a Medium at some point!!!! :s

    I believe when Mantis got the XL he was surprised by the sizing as it was not too bad though obviously needed taking in (believe he is a medium usually).

    Don't take my word for that as I don't want to speak for somebody else - maybe Mantis can confirm this??

    From the measurement chart above I would say the XL would be very tight for me and with a jumper no chance hence I think sizing up is a def in my case (XXL)

    Similarly, I think Craig's proper size is a Large but the Costume Designer crammed him into Mediums at different times to fit in with the youthful/trendiness of the overall tightness and short-fitting of the film's clothes.

    Interesting to know from Graham how Billy Reid intended it to fit and be worn?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,851MI6 Agent
    Similarly, I think Craig's proper size is a Large but the Costume Designer crammed him into Mediums at different times to fit in with the youthful/trendiness of the overall tightness and short-fitting of the film's clothes.

    Interesting to know from Graham how Billy Reid intended it to fit and be worn?

    You are def correct there, believe a lot of those scenes with the tight fit must be uncomfortable to actually wear and certainly not practical e.g sitting down etc however I guess for a film shoot does not matter as long as they get the desired look hence why DC personally ordered a L
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,522MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Similarly, I think Craig's proper size is a Large but the Costume Designer crammed him into Mediums at different times to fit in with the youthful/trendiness of the overall tightness and short-fitting of the film's clothes.

    Interesting to know from Graham how Billy Reid intended it to fit and be worn?

    You are def correct there, believe a lot of those scenes with the tight fit must be uncomfortable to actually wear and certainly not practical e.g sitting down etc however I guess for a film shoot does not matter as long as they get the desired look hence why DC personally ordered a L

    That sounds right. According to the size chart the M would be equivalent to a size 38, and it would fit fairly close through the chest with a jumper underneath. I'm sure Craig has to be bigger than a 38" chest with all his muscle in Skyfall. The L he is wearing the in non-Bond shots looks pretty good.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Similarly, I think Craig's proper size is a Large but the Costume Designer crammed him into Mediums at different times to fit in with the youthful/trendiness of the overall tightness and short-fitting of the film's clothes.

    Interesting to know from Graham how Billy Reid intended it to fit and be worn?

    You are def correct there, believe a lot of those scenes with the tight fit must be uncomfortable to actually wear and certainly not practical e.g sitting down etc however I guess for a film shoot does not matter as long as they get the desired look hence why DC personally ordered a L

    That sounds right. According to the size chart the M would be equivalent to a size 38, and it would fit fairly close through the chest with a jumper underneath. I'm sure Craig has to be bigger than a 38" chest with all his muscle in Skyfall. The L he is wearing the in non-Bond shots looks pretty good.

    And from the few photos we've seen of DC wearing it in SKYFALL so far, he seems to be wearing it unfastened in all of 'em....

    Wonder if the one the Costume Designer made him wear for non-action shots was too tight to button up? ;% :))
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    Not sure where you guys are getting 38" for the Medium. The way I read the chart the Medium is 41" and the Large is 43". My best guess is DC is around a 42" which is why the Medium would be a bit tight on him.

    I could be wrong tho. :p

    Anyway don't forget to take the shoulder seam into account. It's very important you have enough room for your shoulders.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,851MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    . S M L XL XXL
    Length 29.25 30 30.75 31.5 32.25
    Chest 19.5 20.5 21.5 22.5 23.5
    Waist 18.75 19.75 20.75 21.75 22.75
    Shoulder 18 18.5 19 19.5 20
    Sleeve 34.5 35 35.5 35.75 36.25


    Yeah - 41" for chest with a medium

    Ive aligned the columns better!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    S M L XL XXL
    Length 29.25 30 30.75 31.5 32.25
    Chest 19.5 20.5 21.5 22.5 23.5
    Waist 18.75 19.75 20.75 21.75 22.75
    Shoulder 18 18.5 19 19.5 20
    Sleeve 34.5 35 35.5 35.75 36.25


    Yeah - 41" for chest with a medium

    Ive aligned the columns better!

    Except that the sleeve lengths are pretty sure to be 10" less then what those numbers are. :p
Sign In or Register to comment.