The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• 00-Shane00-Shane Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    delfloria wrote:
    Even my wife is familiar with the jacket now. She read about on one her shopping channels. They have got to be flying off the shelves now. Too bad Mantis does not have a cut of the sales considering what he has done for everyone. At least we appreciate him. Thanks.

Amen to that. We owe a lot to Mr. Zaritsky and his 'behind the scenes' skills. Thanks David.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    00-Shane wrote:
    delfloria wrote:
    Even my wife is familiar with the jacket now. She read about on one her shopping channels. They have got to be flying off the shelves now. Too bad Mantis does not have a cut of the sales considering what he has done for everyone. At least we appreciate him. Thanks.

Amen to that. We owe a lot to Mr. Zaritsky and his 'behind the scenes' skills. Thanks David.

Wot ee sed....
    -{
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    ;%

There may be some "special" photos coming from London very soon!
  • 00-Shane00-Shane Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    ;%

There may be some "special" photos coming from London very soon!

LOL this is exactly what I'm talking about. At the risk of sounding 'un-Bondian', you da man DZ!

Cheers -{
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Wore mine around London this weekend, managed to catch 007 EON documentary in Leicester Square and also see the battered Landrover from Skyfall PTS (on display in Harrods)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    Have to disagree with you this one, Matt...I believe he has room under that medium, perhaps for even two layers. There is give after the coat cascades from the top of the chest...agree that the shoulders and top are well fitted, but if he is a 40 then a medium would still give him room to layer underneath.

In my experience a coat needs to be at least 3-4 inches larger in the chest to fit something of any substance underneath. I have a 38.5" chest at the moment, and just trying on a jacket I have that measures 40" leaves absolutely no space underneath for anything other than a shirt. If he can fit more than a shirt underneath a medium he would have to measure no more than 39".

It's interesting how different sizing can be...I can't speak to the BR peacoat but I have a Barbour in Small and it fits me quite well - and I have a 42" chest and 46-1/2" shoulders (at 5'8-3/4" height). In fact, when I first tried it on I was wearing a dress shirt and medium weight wool sweater. Based on what everyone was saying I thought I'd need at least a Medium, but the Small was fine. It was snug (which means much warmer) but it wasn't tight.

So when you say that if you have a jacket that measures 40" how do you calculate that? Lay it flat, measure from side to side from the bottom of the armholes on the inside and double the number of inches?
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    So when you say that if you have a jacket that measures 40" how do you calculate that? Lay it flat, measure from side to side from the bottom of the armholes on the inside and double the number of inches?

Start by making sure that the jacket is zipped up-or in case of the BR peacoat, buttoned all the way up- and lie it flat and then raise the arms. Take the measuring tape to get your pit to pit measurement. Ensure that your measuring from seam to seam at the bottom of the armhole. Whatever number you measure, double it. Depending on how you want it to fit will help you decide how much room is needed in the chest. Ex. if you have a 40" chest and you wanted a close fitted look, then your pit to pit measurement should be 21" giving your jacket a 42" chest.
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Sometimes looks very tight fitted clothing very good on a cover picture.

http://eyeprime.net/2012/10/22/naomie-harris-daniel-craig-berenice-marlohe-skyfall-photocall/skyfall_eyeprime_614/

Then I saw this picture in a nearby thread and I thought:
    Sometimes very athletic fitting clothes makes a grown man looks like a little boy.

I don’t want to incite someone to a size discussion or start a discussion about style. I just thought, that this perspective might be interesting for those who are dissatisfied with their ordered size.
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    McQueen wrote:

Start by making sure that the jacket is zipped up-or in case of the BR peacoat, buttoned all the way up- and lie it flat and then raise the arms. Take the measuring tape to get your pit to pit measurement. Ensure that your measuring from seam to seam at the bottom of the armhole. Whatever number you measure, double it. Depending on how you want it to fit will help you decide how much room is needed in the chest. Ex. if you have a 40" chest and you wanted a close fitted look, then your pit to pit measurement should be 21" giving your jacket a 42" chest.

Interesting, and very confusing. According to Goodstead my size small Barbour X To Ki To has a pit to pit measurement of 50cm, which is 19.7 inches. Doubling that = 39.5 inches, yet my Barbour fits my 42 inch chest even with me wearing a dress shirt and sweater.

I'm used to sizes covering a huge range as I'll wear anything from an extra-small shirt (still loose on me depending on the manufacturer) to a large (which can even be snug depending on the manufacturer). In fact, despite my chest I take a size 38 suit jacket in slim fit! Yet I would have thought that the Barbour, using an actual pit to pit measurement would have been immune to this type of...creative sizing.

And this is why I would never buy clothes off of the internet. If I cannot try it on I won't buy it...
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    For some of us we have no choice but to buy online. Up here in Canada there are maybe three cities that actually carry clothes like these. Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal and I'm at least 4-5 hours from any of them. The best we can hope for is more retailers posting the full measurement of the models they use to show their wares online. It's one of the reasons I like Mr. Porter but they are not as good as some others that post every single measurement of a model.
    What's this? A Yankee in London? In a coat from an Alabama designer? Hot off the presses from Italy? First one off the line, for a wear test in the UK? In the rain, cold, and fog?

Just a teaser shot of the NEW BR SkyFall coat...many more to come soon, a full review, and VIDEO!

BRin_LONDON.jpg

(BTW, it is a size medium)
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    Nice pic mantis :)

Which size do you have in your barbour coat? Looks like i have to visit a tailor with my pea coat in M :)

Looking forward to that review and video :)
    My BArbour is a medium that has been adjusted a wee bit...will be hard to post responses until tomorrow...until then!
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    Hi , new to all this forum lark.
    Just ordered my billy reid coat and given capital one a heart attack.
    I am a 38" chest roughly and 5" 10 tall so ordered a medium size .
    anyone else done the same ?
    slightly panicking .
    cheers Chris
    007 reporting for duty
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    im your exact size and I ordered a medium. It will fit perfect. ;)
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Yeah I ordered a size L and then changed it to a M, once I started seeing pictures of the jacket on people who have a similar frame. Adding fuel to the fire though, DC's Tom Ford suits are 38R, according to the Christies auction.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    im a XL in the Levis jacket - my Billy Reid is a XXL. Glad I sized up.

If i went an XL I don't think it would fit, its also very tight on the arms hence if you workout your biceps / triceps you will notice its very tight in that area
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Bentley Mark IVBentley Mark IV TexasPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    What's this? A Yankee in London? In a coat from an Alabama designer? Hot off the presses from Italy? First one off the line, for a wear test in the UK? In the rain, cold, and fog?

Just a teaser shot of the NEW BR SkyFall coat...many more to come soon, a full review, and VIDEO!

BRin_LONDON.jpg

(BTW, it is a size medium)

David- the medium BR looks good. Out of curiousity, what's your chest size, weight, etc?
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    Thanks bud feel better now , counting down delivery time.
    im your exact size and I ordered a medium. It will fit perfect. ;)
    007 reporting for duty
  • UnerhijUnerhij Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    I have ordered a medium Billy Reid, but I have a medium Barbour and Small Levis jacket.

Is a medium the right choice in the Billy Reid?
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Looks like it's now officially sold out! But they're still taking names to add to the wait list: http://www.billyreid.com/product/peacoat-navy-7.html
  • Stevie53Stevie53 Posts: 39MI6 Agent
    Apologies if I have posted in the wrong place. I am a new member.

If any one has ordered the Billy Reid Bond Pea Coat in Size medium and are having second thoughts or have changed their mind please let me know as I would be interested in purchasing from you. I have been away and sadly I have missed my ordering window. Thanks for listening.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,326MI6 Agent
    Welcome to the forum, Stevie. Billy Reid are taking orders for a further 100 pea coats, so add your name to their list via the website. Good luck!
    Power is still out so taking a walk in the park. Even silhouetted this jacket is identifiable.
    image.jpg
    Video of the NEW Billy Reid SkyFall jacket straight off the line as well as pictures debut November 7th. To be the first to see sign up here: www.thebondexperience.com

The Bond Experience is a social site built for Bond fans by Bond fans. It is made up of impactful moments of excitement, discovery and camaraderie around all things Bond. This haven was created to share those experiences with like-minded people all over the world. The site will change daily with fresh videos, Bond product news and reviews, and of course YOUR contribution around YOUR own Bond experiences. Now it’s time to enter the world, your world, of the The Bond Experience…where living like Bond is one moment at a time.

David Zaritsky, Chief Correspondent
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    "ouch...sonofabitch bit me"...classic
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,510Chief of Staff
    The Mantis wrote:
    The Bond Experience is a social site built for Bond fans by Bond fans. It is made up of impactful moments of excitement, discovery and camaraderie around all things Bond. This haven was created to share those experiences with like-minded people all over the world. The site will change daily with fresh videos, Bond product news and reviews, and of course YOUR contribution around YOUR own Bond experiences. Now it’s time to enter the world, your world, of the The Bond Experience…where living like Bond is one moment at a time.

Or just stick with AJB which has a much wider knowledge base... -{
    YNWA 97
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    edited November 2012
    EDITED.

as DZ said, there's room for everyone.
    I love ajb. thebondexperience is not a forum. It's videos and blogs etc. :). There is room for everyone.