The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

2456739

Comments

  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,856MI6 Agent
    Are sleeve lengths measured from underarm or from shoulder (I've seen diff companies use both diff methods which are obviously very different)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,472Quartermasters
    To answer the xl I bought was not as huge as I thought it would be...that being said I had it taken in and the length shortened, arms thinned a bit and shortened....basically billy Reid's tailor reworked it to make it a large....
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,856MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    To answer the xl I bought was not as huge as I thought it would be...that being said I had it taken in and the length shortened, arms thinned a bit and shortened....basically billy Reid's tailor reworked it to make it a large....

    I guess the logical thing then is to size up if in doubt! Cant wait to get mine!!!

    Hows the material and thickness Mantis? Your obviously very happy with it since its your numero uno out of your Skyfall collection :007)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Are sleeve lengths measured from underarm or from shoulder (I've seen diff companies use both diff methods which are obviously very different)

    Pretty sure it's from the shoulder. If the measurement for a Large for example was 35.5" the sleeves would hang way past the bottom of the coat which for a Large is only 30.75". Look at any picture and you can see that's not the case. Hence why I think the numbers are off by 10".
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,856MI6 Agent
    Yup your right must be a typo on the arms unless its for King Kong!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Kuragami wrote:
    Great news! I need one of you clotheshorses to explain those measurements to me, though! I'm a 38-40 chest and a 32 waist (for now)...

    The measurements are generally made with the clothing laid on a flat surface and measured across. Going for an exact size is probably a bad idea as it would look very tight on you with no room for other layers like a suit.

    If you measured your shoulders seam to seam (where the bone protrudes across the back of your neck as tight as possible and it measured 19" you would probably need to go up one size. You have to leave room for your other clothes as well.

    In my case I measure 18" across but will likely be 18.5" once I'm done working out so going with a Medium would end up looking fine now but too tight later on. A Large is my final size.

    Worst case scenario you can tailor it.

    For a better idea of how it feels we need Dave to chime in here as I believe he got his hands on a Large. I'm not sure if he had his tailored.

    Yes, the measurement are in inches across when the peacoat is laid flat. The Sleeve length is correct as listed in the chart but those are measurement are taken from the center of the back all the way down to the end of the sleeve.

    For reference, I wear a 44R suit jacket and the XL peacoat on me fits well. It's a little full in the waist on me but the XL basically fits a guy that wear a 44R (US sizing) suit.
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Similarly, I think Craig's proper size is a Large but the Costume Designer crammed him into Mediums at different times to fit in with the youthful/trendiness of the overall tightness and short-fitting of the film's clothes.

    Interesting to know from Graham how Billy Reid intended it to fit and be worn?

    You are def correct there, believe a lot of those scenes with the tight fit must be uncomfortable to actually wear and certainly not practical e.g sitting down etc however I guess for a film shoot does not matter as long as they get the desired look hence why DC personally ordered a L


    All correct here guys. As mentioned, the mediums are used in the the Hero and Fashion shots of the film while he wears a large in the action sequences. I'm looking at the invoice I sent to Bond23 LTD as we speak and appears as though he must wear it more in non-action scenes, as they purchased 14 mediums and 5 larges, and a subsequent purchase of 1 large for Daniel Craig to wear personally., for a total of 20.

    If I can answer any questions please let me know.
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    All-
    Some good news. I now have pricing.

    The limited edition Bond peacoat will retail for $695.00 USD and will only be available via www.billyreid.com.

    All who have emailed me directly will get the private link to the preorder before any one else. Next, the link will be posted on this forum, and a few days later the preorder page will be made live to the general public (that is, if there are any left).

    Thanks again for everyone's interest.

    Graham
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Very good news!

    Graham, you deserve a medal for the speed at which this is coming to fruition!
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 513MI6 Agent
    I'm pretty stolked on this.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 546MI6 Agent
    mgheard wrote:
    All-
    Some good news. I now have pricing.

    The limited edition Bond peacoat will retail for $695.00 USD and will only be available via www.billyreid.com.

    All who have emailed me directly will get the private link to the preorder before any one else. Next, the link will be posted on this forum, and a few days later the preorder page will be made live to the general public (that is, if there are any left).

    Thanks again for everyone's interest.

    Graham

    That's great news Graham. Can't thank you enough.

    Your 00 status is confirmed :-)
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,525MI6 Agent
    Kuragami wrote:
    Not sure where you guys are getting 38" for the Medium. The way I read the chart the Medium is 41" and the Large is 43". My best guess is DC is around a 42" which is why the Medium would be a bit tight on him.

    I could be wrong tho. :p

    Anyway don't forget to take the shoulder seam into account. It's very important you have enough room for your shoulders.

    That's exactly how I read the chart. 41 inches is a close-fitting size 38 overcoat, provided you're wearing appropriate cold-weather clothing underneath. If Daniel Craig is a 42" chest the size M will not button. If he's a 42" chest, the size L won't fit over much more than a thin shirt. Craig probably measures about 41" around the A well-fitted suit typically measures 2 inches larger than the wearer's chest, though back in the 90s it was more common for a suit to measure 4 inches larger than the chest. Connery's suits in the 60's were cut very full in the chest.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Kuragami wrote:
    Not sure where you guys are getting 38" for the Medium. The way I read the chart the Medium is 41" and the Large is 43". My best guess is DC is around a 42" which is why the Medium would be a bit tight on him.

    I could be wrong tho. :p

    Anyway don't forget to take the shoulder seam into account. It's very important you have enough room for your shoulders.

    That's exactly how I read the chart. 41 inches is a close-fitting size 38 overcoat, provided you're wearing appropriate cold-weather clothing underneath. If Daniel Craig is a 42" chest the size M will not button. If he's a 42" chest, the size L won't fit over much more than a thin shirt. Craig probably measures about 41" around the A well-fitted suit typically measures 2 inches larger than the wearer's chest, though back in the 90s it was more common for a suit to measure 4 inches larger than the chest. Connery's suits in the 60's were cut very full in the chest.


    ?? Matt :s
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,525MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Kuragami wrote:
    Not sure where you guys are getting 38" for the Medium. The way I read the chart the Medium is 41" and the Large is 43". My best guess is DC is around a 42" which is why the Medium would be a bit tight on him.

    I could be wrong tho. :p

    Anyway don't forget to take the shoulder seam into account. It's very important you have enough room for your shoulders.

    That's exactly how I read the chart. 41 inches is a close-fitting size 38 overcoat, provided you're wearing appropriate cold-weather clothing underneath. If Daniel Craig is a 42" chest the size M will not button. If he's a 42" chest, the size L won't fit over much more than a thin shirt. Craig probably measures about 41" around the A well-fitted suit typically measures 2 inches larger than the wearer's chest, though back in the 90s it was more common for a suit to measure 4 inches larger than the chest. Connery's suits in the 60's were cut very full in the chest.


    ?? Matt :s

    Just trying to explain how the chart's measurements translate to numbered sizes.

    I realised I didn't finish the sentence "Craig probably measures about 41" around the" *chest.*
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Graham's probably spot on, though,

    XL : 44
    L therefore is 42
    M is 40.....

    Etc.

    Okay?
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,089MI6 Agent
    Graham

    Thank you so much

    Unbelievable really.... tracked the threads on Tom Ford and how we all can't afford the items, and 4 weeks later and I have the Barbour, the Levi, the PTI and soon the pea coat, which I think everyone thought was a guaranteed TF item.

    Thank you for the ear and the amazing action on this.....

    Make mine a large, as a 42' UK chest ???? I think ???


    Mark

    :x
    Skewered, one sympathises...

    1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,525MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    Graham's probably spot on, though,

    XL : 44
    L therefore is 42
    M is 40.....

    Etc.

    Okay?

    Yes, if you like a tight fit. For a standard (but still close) fit, M is 38, L is 40, XL is 42. Traditional companies often make their overcoats 6-8" above the stated chest size. It's best to measure a well-fitting overcoat and go from there before purchasing.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,472Quartermasters
    Doesn't wool give a bit over time?
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Be checking your inboxes in the next few hours............
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Doesn't wool give a bit over time?

    Yes, but this is a pretty stout fabric.

    To make the sizing a little more clear - I recommend going by this for sizing:

    38R (US) - S
    40R (US) - M
    42R (US) - L
    44R (US) - XL
    46R (US - XXL

    and if you are in-between sizes and in doubt - go up to the next size.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,525MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Doesn't wool give a bit over time?

    Knit wool sure does, but woven wool shouldn't stretch much. None of my tailored wool clothes has changed size. Depending on the weave it can be somewhat elastic, and an iron can shape a wool garment, but when it stretches in one place it shrinks in another. But a peacoat isn't just the wool outer shell; it has a lining and other structure inside and that keeps it's shape.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 344MI6 Agent
    Hi Graham,

    What would those US sizes translate to in the UK?

    I'm unsure whether to go medium or large... Arrgghhhhhh
  • richi717richi717 Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    I just got the black version delivered yesterday. I'm glad I got an XL, because it def fits like a large.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 9,856MI6 Agent
    richi717 wrote:
    I just got the black version delivered yesterday. I'm glad I got an XL, because it def fits like a large.

    How do you like it??

    Any pics?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • richi717richi717 Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    It is a very well made coat. You and others who purchase will not be disappointed. I'll work on the pics.. Should have em up in a half hour.
  • richi717richi717 Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    brcoat.jpg


    I know this one is not in Skyfall...


    tfjacket.jpg
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,416MI6 Agent
    your not tempted to return and sign up for the reissue?

    Where did you get the harrington, does it have leather trimmed pockets?
  • richi717richi717 Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    sruzgar wrote:
    your not tempted to return and sign up for the reissue?

    Where did you get the harrington, does it have leather trimmed pockets?

    I was tempted, but I actually like it in black. The harrington pockets are lined with leather, and I picked it up at TF Las Vegas last October.

    Photo with the pocket lining.

    tfcoat2.jpg
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    Anyone manage to order the Peacoat via the link emailed to them that is not from the US? I get an error.
  • BondGroupieBondGroupie Toronto, ONPosts: 30MI6 Agent
    Very cool that they're (re)making this!
Sign In or Register to comment.