The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• mnowakmnowak Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    My order went through
  • djk007djk007 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Time to take out a loan! Barbour and Billy Reid, I can't choose so both it is! I love being a part of a very powerful and faithful community of fans!
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Order placed! Cannot wait! Been wanting a peacoat for a while now since CR, love the fact that Bond wears one.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Did you guys order a size up, or go for your normal S, M, L, XL, etc?

And has anyone ordered successfully outside the USA; is there a problem as Kuragami suggests at #60 on this thread?
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent

And has anyone ordered successfully outside the USA; is there a problem as Kuragami suggests at #60 on this thread?

I tried to see what happens if I place an order via any other item on the website and it instantly recognizes I'm an International buyer and gives me shipping options. This does not work with the link that was sent to me. 8(

I get this error:

Error 105: One or more items have not yet been prepared for international sale. Please remove the item(s) from your basket and try again. Bond Peacoat needs to be removed or modified to continue.

I also tried to add other items with the peacoat and the same error comes up. If I then remove the Peacoat and try to checkout it works fine. :(
    Kuragami wrote:

I tried to see what happens if I place an order via any other item on the website and it instantly recognizes I'm an International buyer and gives me shipping options. This does not work with the link that was sent to me. 8(

I get this error:

Error 105: One or more items have not yet been prepared for international sale. Please remove the item(s) from your basket and try again. Bond Peacoat needs to be removed or modified to continue.

I also tried to add other items with the peacoat and the same error comes up. If I then remove the Peacoat and try to checkout it works fine. :(

Have you emailed Graham about it?
    Kuragami wrote:

I get this error:

Yes I have. Sadly I got home late from work around 8pm EST so by the time I sent the email I assume he retired for the day. I can't check my home email at work. =/
    On a brighter note since I was tooling around on their site I fell in love with their Henleys so going to order some. B-)
    Kuragami wrote:
    Kuragami wrote:

I get this error:

Yes I have. Sadly I got home late from work around 8pm EST so by the time I sent the email I assume he retired for the day. I can't check my home email at work. =/

Just tried a speculative purchase myself - I'm agonisingly split between Large and Medium! - and got the same message as you about shippin g to me in UK. :#

Emailed Graham now.

Let's hope it's sorted asap!!!!
    edited September 2012
    Yeah I'm heading to bed. Hopefully it's cleared up by the time I have to go to work.

EDIT: As for sizing I'm going with what DC wears for three reasons. One he is only 2 mm taller then I am. Second of all his build being only a 42 chest he is my size if I worked out properly. Even with no chest muscles I'm a 38 and that's about to change. That's enough incentive for me to go with a Large. Shoulders are 18 now and it's definitely going to fill in to 18.5" or 19" so a 19" shoulder is fine. Not sure how much that helps in terms of looking at sizing for anyone else but that's how I worked it out. Plus it's easier to tailor down.
  • UnerhijUnerhij Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Kuragami wrote:

I get this error:

I have tried to purchase the peacoat as well and get the same response. I too have emailed Graham. Fingers crossed we get our answers soon.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I will try to call Graham today about the international issue...also, I believe Craig is a size 40 R in suit jacket (I am going by US sizes).
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Hey Guys-
    VERY sorry about the international checkout issues.

Basically, our international shipping solution didn't get updated in time to accept the product.

It should be fixed in less than 24 hours and I'll keep everyone here posted and will also email those who have emailed me about it.

Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience.
    also - if you are an international customer and are not automatically redirected to the intl checkout process and you see this page below, click the intl checkout option at the top (Red arrow pointing to it)

domestic.jpg
    also have a handful of the same model in chocolate left over from last year if anyone is interested

the chocolate is on special for $495 (down from $695)

contact me at graham.heard@billyreid.com if you want to grab one of these

international checkout issues to be fixed in next couple of hours......

choc_peacoat.jpg
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    although i'm not a customer (skint ya see), can i just chip in my thoughts on this?

personally, i think its great when a company reacts like this, not just for profit, but also because of a (seemingly) genuine interest in the subject. i think it speaks volumes about the company involved and its easy to see which companies have a genuine likewise interest in the same subject matter as their customers simply by the way they converse and engage with their client base.

kudos to you mr mgheard. -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • UnerhijUnerhij Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    I cant seem to see that page that offers international shipping.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Unerhij wrote:
    I cant seem to see that page that offers international shipping.
    international checkout issues to be fixed in next couple of hours......
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    in case anyone didn't get the link in an email:

http://www.billyreid.com/product/peacoat-navy-7.html
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Still having problems shipping to UK!!!

Grrrrrrr

X-( X-( X-( X-( X-( X-( X-(
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Grahame

Know you will be working to solve it but still not working for UK addresses

Keep me a large please !!!

Mark
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 415MI6 Agent
    I'm struggling with the sizes...

After measuring my Levis and Barbour jackets I still can't settle on a whether I need a Medium or Large... I'm steering towards the large. I also measured my Tom ford harrington and CR Armani copy which was made to measure for me which helped but didn't give me a definitive result.

Is there anyone here who has popped into a Billy Reid store to try on this season's version and are able to compare it to the Levis and Barbour???

I really don't want to miss out on this coat but can't risk not being able to exchange it for another size, especially as I'm in the UK...

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank guys
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I have the Levi's in XL but def sized up in the XXL based on the measurements.

The following statement from somebody who has one also backs up that size up is recommended

richi717 wrote:
    I just got the black version delivered yesterday. I'm glad I got an XL, because it def fits like a large.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Also bear in mind, most likely to wear this in cold weather hence layers underneath e.g. Jumper hence another reason to size up if in doubt
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Guys -
    International checkout should be working now.....and I emphasize should.

If someone from UK wants to try and post here to confirm please let me know but I just had a guy from down under successfully purchase the peacoat.

Once I hear from someone in UK that it's working properly, I'll email all though who emailed me last night with problems.

Thanks for the patience and very sorry for the delay.

Graham
    graham.heard@billyreid.com
    best piece of advice I can provide on sizing is size up if in doubt
    MrEddy21 wrote:
    I'm struggling with the sizes...

After measuring my Levis and Barbour jackets I still can't settle on a whether I need a Medium or Large... I'm steering towards the large. I also measured my Tom ford harrington and CR Armani copy which was made to measure for me which helped but didn't give me a definitive result.

Is there anyone here who has popped into a Billy Reid store to try on this season's version and are able to compare it to the Levis and Barbour???

I really don't want to miss out on this coat but can't risk not being able to exchange it for another size, especially as I'm in the UK...

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank guys
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 415MI6 Agent
    Thanks Graham, I'll think on it... Will be placing my order and biting the bullet in the next 24 hours.
    Just received an order from the UK as well so everyone should be good to go
    mgheard wrote:
    Guys -
    International checkout should be working now.....and I emphasize should.

If someone from UK wants to try and post here to confirm please let me know but I just had a guy from down under successfully purchase the peacoat.

Once I hear from someone in UK that it's working properly, I'll email all though who emailed me last night with problems.

Thanks for the patience and very sorry for the delay.

Graham
    graham.heard@billyreid.com
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Just placed my order from the UK. No problems :)
  • LagoonaLagoona GermanyPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    Placed my Order from Germany now. I have also no Problems. :) Thanks To Graham. This is pretty awesome: 4 Jackets plus the Nike Sweet Classics from the On Set Photo Even Before the Film comes Out. Long live the AJB-Community :) -{