The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    Mines just arrive, WOW what timing.. :))

Mine fits like a glove, It does make me wonder now if I could have order a Medium. Just for reference I am 5"10 / 190lb / 43" Chest / 34 Waist. In TF suits I normally take a 44.

The Arms are a little long, so I may need to get them tailored down abit.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    ajd_007 wrote:
    Mines just arrive, WOW what timing.. :))

Mine fits like a glove, It does make me wonder now if I could have order a Medium. Just for reference I am 5"10 / 190lb / 43" Chest / 34 Waist. In TF suits I normally take a 44.

The Arms are a little long, so I may need to get them tailored down abit.

Wow I'm nearly the same stats (just taller) as you and my one is a XXL and tight in places lol

I guess they are inconsistent with their sizing (mine is from the original run)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • UmpireUmpire Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    Funny, I am 5-11, 200lbs 43R suit and a 36 waist and the size L I just received from a Billy is WAY tight. Shipped it back for a XL.
  • ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    Wow that is odd, I didn't know the size could very that much. :o
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    I'm 6'4", 190lbs, with a 41 inch chest and 34 inch waist. I got a charcoal in large. It fit like a glove. Sleeves ended just where my thumb joint meets my wrist, the length of the coat also just about perfect. It's a very trim fit. No real ability to layer. Maybe a light sweater, but where I live even that is rarely necessary.
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    What a superb coat this is. Far tougher than I thought it would be and a perfect fit.

December_152_zps6f501fa8.jpg
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    In the event someone needs one of these in Medium.. fire me a message.. Looking to offload my extra.. never worn, only tried it on.. still have the Billy Reid shipping box.. tags etc..
  • VhanVhan Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    CRB: this is a black one ?

MFISHER: do you live in Europe ? I'm looking for a BR Peacoat, and i live in France. The price of the peacoat plus taxes don't put me in the mood for the credit card. Also i know this is hard to order the good size. Maybe an order in europe will help me to chose.
    Mine is the navy
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    Mine is the correct Navy one.. just want $600 plus shipping.. although shipping to Europe would be a bear I am sure… (I am in Tennessee in the States)
  • 008Wong008Wong Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    Hi guys I am from the UK and willing to ship in Europe (for an additional fee) if must and looking for £650 for UK buyers.

Below is the link:

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/43151/for-sale-new-billy-reid-peacoat-in-medium-with-tags/

PM Me if interested.
  • rbftmdrbftmd Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Looking to trade a Medium for a Small. Worn once.
  • RAINbowTRAILRAINbowTRAIL AmsterdamPosts: 77MI6 Agent
    Nice picture CRB! Looking Bond -{
    Thank you Rainbow, those are the Skyfall gloves too just to round it off :)
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    I found a video of Craig wearing the Bond peacoat at the "Betrayal" stage door: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfRPJzbLBzY
  • Bond-on-a-BudgetBond-on-a-Budget ChicagoPosts: 101MI6 Agent
    He looks batter with the Bond haircut...
    James Bond: I tend to notice little things like that - whether a girl is a blonde or a brunette...
    Tiffany Case: And which do you prefer?
    James Bond: Well, as long as the collars and cuffs match...
  • OSS117OSS117 Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHqx7Scz6LI
    On this other "Betrayal" stage door sequence see how short he looks next to the cop !

Betrayal2.jpg
  • OSS117OSS117 Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    edited January 2014
    Sorry double post
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    OSS117 wrote:
    On this other "Betrayal" stage door sequence see how short he looks next to the cop !

Betrayal2.jpg
    When i saw him in November i was surprised by how small stature he really is, i dwarfed him and im only 6ft.
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    OSS117 wrote:

Betrayal2.jpg
    When i saw him in November i was surprised by how small stature he really is, i dwarfed him and im only 6ft.

According to IMDb, Craig stands at 5'10" tall, which is about average height for a man. By comparison, the other Bond actor heights are:

Sean Connery: 6'2.5"
    George Lazenby: 6'2"
    Roger Moore: 6'1"
    Timothy Dalton: 6'2"
    Pierce Brosnan: 6'1.5"
  • jermyzyjermyzy Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    I'm thinking of buying this jacket. My only concern is that it is unlined. For those of you have owned it, any issues (e.g. itching of wool)? Unfortunately I'm not from USA so I can't try on before buying.
  • SomaticSomatic Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    Nope! Zero itching for me at least. :) It's a very smooth wool if you will.
    jermyzy wrote:
    I'm thinking of buying this jacket. My only concern is that it is unlined. For those of you have owned it, any issues (e.g. itching of wool)? Unfortunately I'm not from USA so I can't try on before buying.

Disclaimer: I bought the 100% wool charcoal coat, so I don't know how the navy which is 80/20 feels in comparison. I did find there to be some minor issues from it being unlined. Yes there was some itching at first when wearing short sleeved shirts, but this disappeared after wearing the jacket for a few minutes and didn't return. Whether I got used to it right away or the wool softened that quick I couldn't say, but the wool felt did soften as I wore it. It was like wearing a very heavy sweater. The sleeves are narrow, so the unlined inner sleeve does get caught on clothing as you don the coat. I found I had to grab the end of the sleeve of the shirt or sweater I was wearing with my fist, otherwise it would ride up as I put on the peacoat.

Another issue I has was the pockets. I understood there were no interior pockets, but the Billy Reid officer coat was unlined and had interior pockets so it could be done. Also, I found the pockets the coat does have to be on the small size. I have larger hands and found my bare fist would almost completely fit into the hand warmer pockets. If I wore gloves, forget it. (Go back and look at the Shanghai scene in Skyfall. Daniel Craig can only get the barrel of the Walther in the pocket; he hides the butt of the gun with his palm like an amateur magician doing a card trick.)

The coat will keep you warm. The styling was badass and the construction impeccable. I have other Billy Reid coats. I love his styling, but I ended up selling the peacoat in the end. It's up to you whether the positives outweigh the deficiencies enough to justify the cost.
    Thanks for the input guys! Does anybody have any pictures of the interior of the jacket? Tried google, but can't find any...

It's a pricy jacket...but looks great :) I'm looking at getting the navy in XS size.
    I have a pdf of an old ebay auction with an interior picture. I can email it to you if you are interested. The only picture on the web I could find is this one:

br_peacoat_interior.jpg

Not the entire interior but it does give you an idea of what the cotton bound seams look like.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    While I am not sure that I have ever worn mine with short sleeves, I can certainly state that I have never had any itching or roughness (I have the 80/20). The fabric is very soft and I doubt there would be any itchiness at all. I can also attest that despite not having a lining, it is very warm and comfortable and sits beautifully.
    Thanks for all the replies. I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on the navy jacket in XS. For those of you who bought the XS, do you mind listing your dimensions or posting a photo of you wearing the jacket? I'm 5'8", 36" chest and 29" waist. The shoulder and chest should fit well but I"m a little worried about the waist. From the photos I've seen it does seem like the jacket tapers in a little.
  • billybobbillybob Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    jermyzy wrote:
    Thanks for all the replies. I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on the navy jacket in XS. For those of you who bought the XS, do you mind listing your dimensions or posting a photo of you wearing the jacket? I'm 5'8", 36" chest and 29" waist. The shoulder and chest should fit well but I"m a little worried about the waist. From the photos I've seen it does seem like the jacket tapers in a little.

With your size, a small should fit perfectly. It only tapers in slightly at the midsection, similar to a suit.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    jermyzy wrote:

I would suggest an xs, I'm a 39 chest 34 waist and have a fitted screen look fit in a small
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    jermyzy wrote:

I'd say an XS would be better than a small. I'm 5'9", 42" chest and 32" waist and a small fit me quite well. Mind you, I tried on two different coats, both size small, and one was noticeable looser in the chest than the other. But neither was too tight anywhere.