The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Lagoona wrote:
    Placed my Order from Germany now. I have also no Problems. :) Thanks To Graham. This is pretty awesome: 4 Jackets plus the Nike Sweet Classics from the On Set Photo. Long live the AJB-Community :) -{

Ha - I love my Nike Sweet Classics!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • LagoonaLagoona GermanyPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Lagoona wrote:
    Placed my Order from Germany now. I have also no Problems. :) Thanks To Graham. This is pretty awesome: 4 Jackets plus the Nike Sweet Classics from the On Set Photo. Long live the AJB-Community :) -{

Ha - I love my Nike Sweet Classics!

You Say it Sir. I Love them too! Got a Lot of compliments when I wear them :)
    Well they sure stand out my friend!!

Hmm the pics of the Billy Reid peacoat on Grahams link sure look good, cant wait to get my hands on it!
  • UnerhijUnerhij Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Just ordered mine from the UK as well. I cant wait and thank you Graham for all of your help.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Order placed and successful !!!

Grahame - awesome and thank you so much for sorting this one out so well - Really appreciated Sir !!!

Mark
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    Yep I'm good to go as well. Also picked up a bunch of Henley shirts! Almost all the other shirts I got from The Bay and SEARS etc have fallen apart. :(
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    There's some nice stuff on the site for sure, I like several of the jackets and shirts. Too bad theyre mostly out of my price range.
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Kuragami wrote:
    Yeah I'm heading to bed. Hopefully it's cleared up by the time I have to go to work.

EDIT: As for sizing I'm going with what DC wears for three reasons. One he is only 2 mm taller then I am. Second of all his build being only a 42 chest he is my size if I worked out properly. Even with no chest muscles I'm a 38 and that's about to change. That's enough incentive for me to go with a Large. Shoulders are 18 now and it's definitely going to fill in to 18.5" or 19" so a 19" shoulder is fine. Not sure how much that helps in terms of looking at sizing for anyone else but that's how I worked it out. Plus it's easier to tailor down.

Well said this is my reasoning for going with the size Large, for the peacoat.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    MrEddy21 wrote:
    I'm struggling with the sizes...

After measuring my Levis and Barbour jackets I still can't settle on a whether I need a Medium or Large... I'm steering towards the large. I also measured my Tom ford harrington and CR Armani copy which was made to measure for me which helped but didn't give me a definitive result.

Is there anyone here who has popped into a Billy Reid store to try on this season's version and are able to compare it to the Levis and Barbour???

I really don't want to miss out on this coat but can't risk not being able to exchange it for another size, especially as I'm in the UK...

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank guys

I am a S in the Levi and S (but had the back let out) in the barbour. Tried on this season's variant today at Billy Reid NY and I gotta say, the Medium fits suprisingly well. I'd say go big and if you need, get it tailored. Mantis went from an XL to around a M just through tailoring and it looks great!
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Quick question to my fellow Brits - are you getting hit for $255.00 in "duties and taxation" at the Checkout stage????

Seems a lot, anyone?
  • LagoonaLagoona GermanyPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Quick question to my fellow Brits - are you getting hit for $255.00 in "duties and taxation" at the Checkout stage????

Seems a lot, anyone?

Hi David,
    I ordered from Germany and have also Duties & Taxes of 254$!
    Hope the next things from Skyfall will be available in the E.U. too :)
    Lagoona wrote:

Seems a lot, anyone?

Hi David,
    I ordered from Germany and have also Duties & Taxes of 254$!
    Hope the next things from Skyfall will be available in the E.U. too :)

Thanks, Lagoona.

A lot of money isn't it, but a guess if it's across the EU I can't blame our greedy UK Customs and Excise people!

Anyone get away WITHOUT paying it in UK/EU....?
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    Looks like it. It's almost worth flying over and picking it up yourself!
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    Just been on the phone to Customs & Excise, just to clarify, and that's absolutely the correct figure. We in the UK pay Import Duty, which is 12% on clothing, and then that figure is added to the original cost and then 20% Import VAT is added. So we're paying £158 to the jolly tax man. Still worth it...
    Just been on the phone to Customs & Excise, just to clarify, and that's absolutely the correct figure. We in the UK pay Import Duty, which is 12% on clothing, and then that figure is added to the original cost and then 20% Import VAT is added. So we're paying £158 to the jolly tax man. Still worth it...

Thanks, MB. Looks like it has to be...
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent

Wow, and I was complaining to the wife the other day when FedEx sent me an invoice for $35.00 when I ordered my LVC from the UK, which is about 22 pounds.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • stripestripe Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    Just ordered mine ! ouch that $255 for taxes and duties hurt, we should have clubbed together and sent someone over to sneek them all back to the UK ! :))

By the way big thank you to the Mantis and Graham for this.
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    Can't wait to get home from work :) i'm going to order my pea coat then, hope it won't be sold out in 3 hours :D

I will take the same size my barbour is i think.
    Never would have thought that i be able to buy an original bond coat. The tom ford ones were so wide out of my range.

I feel like a fanatic spending so mich money on a coat :D
  • Bentley Mark IVBentley Mark IV TexasPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    Just placed my order. Thank you Graham for making this happen and supporting fellow fans. It really speaks volumes.
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Just wanted to chime in here - you're absolutely right. I would love to be able to get around this for those in the UK and else where but Uncle Sam and Winston Churchill's ghost (is that the UK equivalent??) seem to think it's still 1776 and that we don't get along............so apologies for the ridiculous fees if you're across the pond but rest easy, as noted below, the £158 (which translates to just about $255) is the proper amount in accordance with trade laws.
  • Han JonesHan Jones Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Thanks for getting this together. I ordered one today.
  • JB1962JB1962 USAPosts: 194MI6 Agent
    Ordered mine yesterday as well. I can't wait to see this peacoat in person in November.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    mgheard wrote:
    Just wanted to chime in here - you're absolutely right. I would love to be able to get around this for those in the UK and else where but Uncle Sam and Winston Churchill's ghost (is that the UK equivalent??) seem to think it's still 1776 and that we don't get along............so apologies for the ridiculous fees if you're across the pond but rest easy, as noted below, the £158 (which translates to just about $255) is the proper amount in accordance with trade laws.

This is holding me back at the moment - that is a serious amount to get through customs.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 415MI6 Agent
    I second that... Feel like I'm over a barrel.
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    Are there enoug coats for everyone to order one or is stock running low allready?

Ordered mine yesterday, the VAT really hurts. Hopefully i can pass the jacket to my son if he will become a bond fan :)

Thank you again Graham!

The VAT is hefty, but i think it´s a good thing, that they show you the full costs and not let you be surprised when you have to pay the taxes when the coat arrives.
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    I looked into ordering into Canada, the taxes, duty etc was $255 as well. Can't take that added cost. Too bad.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Gents, I don't know if this will work but I know on the Style Forum some people use a PROXY purchaser from other countries...ie a small fee is paid to a purchaser who sends it internationally as a gift etc...again, I am NO expert with this process but thought it worth a mention....
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I was ready to hit 'buy' until I saw the customs etc fee. I have no issue with (begrudgingly) paying duty etc when I order something from overseas, but the reality is that whether shipped by courier or post, I usually only get stung for duty once in every ten parcels even when shipped from a manufacturer/storeand fully declared. Although I appreciate the convenience of paying everything upfront, I would rather have the option of paying the duty when it arrives because there's a very good chance that it will get cleared by Customs without duty being due.
    I was ready to hit 'buy' until I saw the customs etc fee. I have no issue with (begrudgingly) paying duty etc when I order something from overseas, but the reality is that whether shipped by courier or post, I usually only get stung for duty once in every ten parcels even when shipped from a manufacturer/storeand fully declared. Although I appreciate the convenience of paying everything upfront, I would rather have the option of paying the duty when it arrives because there's a very good chance that it will get cleared by Customs without duty being due.

I use Bonvu.com (probably used them around 20 times)
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Gatsby wrote:
    Are there enoug coats for everyone to order one or is stock running low allready?

Ordered mine yesterday, the VAT really hurts. Hopefully i can pass the jacket to my son if he will become a bond fan :)

Thank you again Graham!

The VAT is hefty, but i think it´s a good thing, that they show you the full costs and not let you be surprised when you have to pay the taxes when the coat arrives.

We're beginning to run low in some sizes (less than 10 smalls left) but we're okay for a few more days.

Again, apologies for all the VAT/duty issues..........it's something we can't get around but as mentioned above, there is ZERO due once the package arrives and there will no surprises, it's all taken care of on the front end.

Thanks!