The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    Yes, he who suggested it.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Ive used them countless times for US purchases with no problems (touch wood)

Of course the risk will be the amount you declare (which is up to you) as of course that is what it will be insured for!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    Not to get too off topic, but does anyone know an opposite equivalent to BONVU (UK to US)
    Well all I can say is that... Im glad I got a XXL

Im usually a XL in all things however I def needed a XXL in this otherwise it would not have fit.

A little tight in the biceps but apart from that fit very good!!

23BC7445-1E60-4EBE-A67D-3D8490227B59-301-0000004B5A526D03.jpg

6C90F283-9371-4831-89E0-EFE9A1A42DD8-301-0000004B0C190221.jpg
    PS - I was lucky to find a lonely XXL from Billy Reid (believe it was unsold, stuck in the back for a year).

Thought my opinion on its size might be useful for the limited run people!
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Just checking back in here guys.......we're beginning to run low on some sizes.

if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me via this forum or graham.heard@billyreid.com
  • WildeWilde Oxford, UKPosts: 621MI6 Agent
    mgheard wrote:
    we're beginning to run low on some sizes.

AJB community single handedly propping up the global economy, as usual. :))
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Well all I can say is that... Im glad I got a XXL

Im usually a XL in all things however I def needed a XXL in this otherwise it would not have fit.

A little tight in the biceps but apart from that fit very good!!

23BC7445-1E60-4EBE-A67D-3D8490227B59-301-0000004B5A526D03.jpg

Hey

Nice! Can I ask your stats? (Height, weight, suit size?)
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    I look bigger than you..yikes I was thinking of getting the XXL and having it altered down.
    Weight: 95kg (210 pounds)
    Height: 6ft
    Waist: 36 inches
    Shirts: 17 / 44

Normally XL in most things, Billy Reid is very slimmed fit in my opinion however I have big arms hence the tight fit in arms - my regular XL jackets are way bigger then my XXL Billy Reid (I'm a XL in the Levi's jacket)

Hope this helps!
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    Well I just got my Henleys from BR and while I love them Medium seems to be the size of a Small. I have never in my life purchased Large shirts. Still debating if I should keep the shirts or send them back and exchange for a Large.. that will get expensive at the border.

However on the flip side of things it makes me a lot more confident about the sizing in the jackets. Large seems like the way to go in jackets if the Henleys are anything to go by.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Kuragami wrote:
    Well I just got my Henleys from BR and while I love them Medium seems to be the size of a Small. I have never in my life purchased Large shirts. Still debating if I should keep the shirts or send them back and exchange for a Large.. that will get expensive at the border.

If you have all the paperwork - ie the receipt for the original duty, plus the courier/post office receipt that you returned the items - you can claim a refund from Canada Customs. I think the forms are on-line, and on the two occasions I have done it, the refund took about 4-6 weeks to be received.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,316MI6 Agent
    mgheard wrote:
    Just checking back in here guys.......we're beginning to run low on some sizes.

if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me via this forum or graham.heard@billyreid.com

There was an email exchange where you mentioned being able to exchange if the size is off. Will that still be the case?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Quick update from Billy Reid and Graham,

Sales have been great, with over 100 of the 150 (or the fabric available to cut 150)

In fashion retail, selling 100 of 150 of something in 2 weeks is absolutely unheard of, so kudos to maniac Bond fans like ourselves!

But this is important:

The coats aren't cut yet so they are adjusting sizing to be only what is ordered between now and oct 1. What this means is they don't plan on a certain number of sizes, they simply conform to the sizes ordered, which makes a lot of sense.

Basically, anyone can order any size between now and oct 1st and Billy Reid will only produce what was sold.

But, because of the fabric availability, once they get 150 orders, that's it, they can't make more.

So get those orders in before oct 1
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Quick update from Billy Reid and Graham,

Sales have been great, with over 100 of the 150 (or the fabric available to cut 150)

In fashion retail, selling 100 of 150 of something in 2 weeks is absolutely unheard of, so kudos to maniac Bond fans like ourselves!

But this is important:

The coats aren't cut yet so they are adjusting sizing to be only what is ordered between now and oct 1. What this means is they don't plan on a certain number of sizes, they simply conform to the sizes ordered, which makes a lot of sense.

Basically, anyone can order any size between now and oct 1st and Billy Reid will only produce what was sold.

But, because of the fabric availability, once they get 150 orders, that's it, they can't make more.

So get those orders in before oct 1

that's exactly right

after oct 1 I will not be able to adjust the sizes that we'll cut.....but the cut will be based exactly on what has been ordered you guys, so not worries about running out of a specific size, the main issue is us running out of fabric to make sizes, and we're almost there!

up to 102 of the available 150 as of just now
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    Hey

Well, just got the Billy Reid Peacoat in

Its the chocolate version (the exact same cut and detailing as the one DC wears). I went with the chocolate because it seems everyone has a navy peacoat. Dont get me wrong, I love the look but I just wanted to branch out with something a little different. (And I also saw this one in Esquire WAAAAYYY back and immediately liked it).

The color is MUCH darker in person (almost like a chocolate-y black). I own several pieces from BR and they are all outstanding in terms of quality. the leather details add a nice touch and the lana wool is soft and not itchy (unlike my Fox bros J. Crew peacoat which felt like I had fleas).

Now, this is an XL. Im normally a Medium in most jacket (5'10, broad shoulder slim athletic build). I would have went with a large but I wanted to layer things with this so I went one size up.

Its definitely trim but peacoats (in my humble opinion) are not supposed to be body hugging tight (DC looks better with a Large than the medium). Anyway, my fit pics arent the greatest but here she is

(Note: this is fresh out of the box as of 5 mins ago so thats why the labels are just a tad warped)

DSC06431_zps40df6f75.jpg

DSC06432_zpsde976869.jpg

Same Horn Buttons
    DSC06435_zpsd6a2dd68.jpg

Leather trim detailing under pockets
    DSC06436_zpse1aeeef2.jpg

Im just wearing a thin tee under this. Still have plenty of room for a sweater and scarf.

DSC06428_zps60aa43df.jpg

DSC06430_zpsdf825194.jpg

I LOVE THIS PIECE. Seriously, its definitely heirloom quality as David mentioned in the video blog. But I am gonna lay down the absolute truth; I dont think this piece should come with a $700 retail. I paid way less than that and of course Im totally happy with it. Again, for what it is, i think BR is asking just a little too much (considering I dont know their production costs, overhead, etc). Not arguing quality or craftsmenship, I just think that I personally would have been a little let down for paying $700 for a coat. (Maybe Im being spoiled by Belstaffs and I am used to buying items at sale prices or on the secondary market). Not trying to dissay anybody, just an opinion here.

As for the coat itself, I cant find a single flaw that Im unhappy with. If you want it, get it! ;-)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

:v booooooooh for not wearing the Sub 8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Just for you Markus :x :))

9D4A0312-E04D-4AB8-AB42-12C6AB25EB3E-356-000000680452375D_zps52ca8792.jpg
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited September 2012
    :)) is that the way you Falklanders are wearing your watches?
    No surprise, that you are so behind.... :))

* I realized that the shot is in a mirror....
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    just ordered mine :) cant believe i got two jackets that Bond wears in Skyfall now.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Looks like Craig's wearing the pea coat on the cover of GQ

4714cl.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    WOW!!! :o
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Wonder if its the one that fits him on the shoulders, or the one that's too big and looks like a sack-o? ;) :))
    I bet any amount its a medium...see this better editorial pic....
    brpea.jpg
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    I bet any amount its a medium...see this better editorial pic....
    brpea.jpg

I'd agree.
    edited September 2012
    Guys are you seriously questioning my thinking of going with a Large... gah.

By the way I picked up the Quail Jacket and ended up having to send it back for an Exchange. I didn't know the shoulders on a Large were 20". On the Medium they are 18.5".

I think it's too late now to change to a Medium anyway since they are being cut.
    Stick with your sizes...the chart wont lie! :)
    edited September 2012
    Speaking of sizing I did ask about tailoring but was told to go with someone local to save costs on shipping etc

DZ where should I send it for tailoring later? I mean it's going to be big on me at first but eventually I'll mostly grow into it and have to get it changed up. Any suggestions? There is nobody in my hick town that is any good.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    I don't think it is the Billy Reid Peacoat he wear's in the Heineken Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMj93N6f5TQ
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    I don't think it is the Billy Reid Peacoat he wear's in the Heineken Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMj93N6f5TQ

Looks like the Tom Ford Kazan coat, the length and collar are the same.
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day