The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    006 wrote:
    I don't think it is the Billy Reid Peacoat he wear's in the Heineken Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMj93N6f5TQ

Looks like the Tom Ford Kazan coat, the length and collar are the same.

Agreed.
  • 00-Shane00-Shane Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Finally pulled the trigger! Can't wait for the arrival of this beauty! Went with BONVU to avoid customs charges so fingers crossed everything will run smoothly :007)
  • delfloriadelfloria Posts: 25MI6 Agent
    Even without the Bond fan base this coat will probably sell out quickly now with it's appearance on the cover of GQ. Looks very stylish in that photo.
  • dr godr go Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    00-Shane wrote:
    Finally pulled the trigger! Can't wait for the arrival of this beauty! Went with BONVU to avoid customs charges so fingers crossed everything will run smoothly :007)

Hi Just wondered how much you paid with Bonvu?
    Thanks
    dr go wrote:
    00-Shane wrote:

Hi Just wondered how much you paid with Bonvu?
    Thanks

I actually haven't paid anything yet, I'll wait until closer to the date to fill in my shipment details...I hope I haven't messed this up!!

I think one of the guys on here said it costs around 20 dollars, but to be honest I have no idea. Just as long as I don't have to pay half the price of the coat again in duties!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Bonvu' fee is $20 (last time I checked)

Hence you pay $20 plus whatever the actual postage is to your location (you can choose from several diff carriers to get the best rate)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Twenty more spots open! :o
    These will be shipping out on the 11th am I correct?
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Is that Oct 11th or Nov 11th?
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
    November
    Thanks David.
    I seriously thought it was October. Can't believe I have to wait another month :(
    Ah I see the problem, I forgot that America put the month before the day :))
    Some action shots of the pea coat in the beginning of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSwNeQCUanE
    Very cool.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I've ordered mine, had a friend in the states order it for a small fee, I've bought a medium and a large.
    Also pre-ordered my Barbour jacket and trying to track down a Levi's jacket too :)
    Ross
    If anyone has any of the Madagascar shirts for sale please let me know
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    Just placed an order for a DC accurate Medium! ;-)
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Afternoon Guys-
    Wanted to give everyone an update AND some (hopefully) good news.

First, we have SOLD OUT of the initial 150 coats!!!!! Sounds like bad new right? Not exactly, we were about to source fabric to make 100 more coats!

So get your order in, there is still room for now.

Also - Italy is slightly ahead of schedule on getting the first 150 to us - so if you've placed your order today or before today - we're looking at a shipping date of Nov 9th - the same day as the USA release of the film. That's tentative though.

On the 100 additional that are being made - ship date for that is looking like end of November, so still in time for the holidays if you know a Bond fan who needs a memorable gift.

Thanks for all of the support and let me know if you guys need anything!

Graham from BR
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the heads up Graham! You have been amazingly accommodating to both the members of this board and myself in particular. Thanks again! :007)
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    Graham,

The cloth for the additional 100 will be identical to the first 150 and therefore the original?

Thanks in advance
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    mgheard wrote:
    Afternoon Guys-
    Wanted to give everyone an update AND some (hopefully) good news.

First, we have SOLD OUT of the initial 150 coats!!!!! Sounds like bad new right? Not exactly, we were about to source fabric to make 100 more coats!

"As mentioned, the production will be limited to 150 special pieces"

Just my 2 cents. I have been ordering one after hearing that only 150 pcs will be sold.
    Though I appreciate that more Bonbd fans will be able to have that beautiful coat, I am not feeling too happy that the LE of 150 pcs has been expanded by another 75% being made.

Just my 2 cents.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I agree with Bondtoys.

I had to rush fund together and fire my order in but i felt ok because I was getting a limited production piece. Now i feel kinda cheapened that an additional 100 are being made. My first thought was "great...some of these might end up going on sale or something" a la the Brown version later on in the season if they all dont sell.
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    I agree, but that´s how business works.
    I ordered very fast and rushed my decision because of the limitation.

It´s nice that more fans can buy a coat, and i understand that everyone involved wants to make profit, but the limitation thing leaves a strange taste behind.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Nice - 100 more means I can hopefully exchange mine if the small is too snug!
  • mgheardmgheard Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Apologies to those who feel the additional units make this not as special..........although it's not the way I feel about it, I understand.

This project has been very near and dear to my heart and it was an absolute fight to get this made in a timely fashion and in the exact way the coat used in the film was made. To me, it is one of the most special things we've ever been able to do at Billy Reid, regardless of the quantity.

The additional 100 units are simply to accommodate those here who missed out, and quite a few did, some of whom have been in contact with me regularly but just didn't get an order in on time for the first 150.

The extra 100 is also to ensure we can exchange out for those who need it........with the 150 being completely accounted for, there would be absolutely no chance of exchanging, and the 100 pieces alleviates this.

Thanks guys.
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Well, I don’t need a golden plaque with a number X of 150.

We can be appreciated that BR offers the option to purchase a sold-out product.

I only hope that the jacket fits well, the converting is great and I can wear the Peacoat for a long time. It doesn’t bother me, if the Bond Peacoat is now worn by 149 or 249 other guys in the world.

Just my opinion.
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    I still think that this coat is very special. 150 or 250 is not the problem. I´m glad for everyone who can share the joy of wearing a jacket that is used in skyfall.

My only problem is that i rushed my order, because i thought it will be sold out in two days. I ordered it at the beginning of september and really stretched my budget for that month. I never pre ordered such an expensive item 2 months prior to the shipping date.

It really is a long wait :) Looking forward to my coat and never wanted to be rude or something like that towards Graham and Billy Reid for making an addtional 100 coats.
    yeah, I hear Graham on the size exchanges. But still, 100 more? It just sounds like BR are trying to cash in but Im glad they decided to rerelease it so im not too upset.

For me, its that I paid retail and I almost NEVER pay retail for anything because almost everything can be found for cheaper on the secondary market. So, if I see, some time from now, this peacoat on the SALE section marked down from $695 to $495 (a la the Brown version) Im gonna be fuming. And then I will be upset... :#
  • richi717richi717 Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    I don't see the big deal with BR supplying 100 more. For those who rushed when they couldn't really afford to, probably shouldn't be buying an $700 coat. BR didn't have to remake anything.