The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,510Chief of Staff
    Bondtoys wrote:
    mgheard wrote:
    Afternoon Guys-
    Wanted to give everyone an update AND some (hopefully) good news.

First, we have SOLD OUT of the initial 150 coats!!!!! Sounds like bad new right? Not exactly, we were about to source fabric to make 100 more coats!

"As mentioned, the production will be limited to 150 special pieces"

Just my 2 cents. I have been ordering one after hearing that only 150 pcs will be sold.
    Though I appreciate that more Bonbd fans will be able to have that beautiful coat, I am not feeling too happy that the LE of 150 pcs has been expanded by another 75% being made.

Just my 2 cents.

Isn't this coat the same as the one that was commercially available before ? If so - it was NEVER only 150 pieces in the first place :s

Again - I tip my hat to all at BR whom made this possible in the first place - it's great to see a company go that 'extra mile' for it's customers -{
    YNWA 97
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I've ordered mine and people should try not to moan, BR helped us out and made a product we wanted, would people not prefer to be able to get what they wanted and have there own bond coat, rather than something similar to it!

I thank the members and Billy Reid for doing this and only wish we could get more companies to do the same

Ross
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    I agree

Couldn't believe it was possible. ordered on the 1st day of release, wasn't too expensive. What would have been "cashing in" would have seen Graham and BR charge $1200 or similar

So 100 more Bond fans get to feel special ??? Great

Well done to BR, I dont care if they make a few more, its still special and still a great result for us all

M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    I agree

Couldn't believe it was possible. ordered on the 1st day of release, wasn't too expensive. What would have been "cashing in" would have seen Graham and BR charge $1200 or similar

So 100 more Bond fans get to feel special ??? Great

Well done to BR, I dont care if they make a few more, its still special and still a great result for us all

M
    Couldn't be said better.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    For those of you that have had questions on size (and there are many) it's not a bad thing that there will be extras in case of exchanges. And the jacket will hit a new level of popularity with the debut of the movie.
  • Bentley Mark IVBentley Mark IV TexasPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    This has been a fun experience for all of us to have had direct contact with such a great niche designer. It is even cooler that Graham is personally a big Bond fan. At 250 we are still looking at a very limited run. It's not like Bond is wearing a Gap coat that has been produced 5,000 times over. Plus, Graham let us AJBers know first about the additional coats. The price is also quite reasonable (could have easily been 2x the cost or heaven forbid in TF-territory).

Lets just say that it is quite unlikely that you will walk down the street and see someone else wearing your coat. :D
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    Never trust a salesman. lol. :))

Learn it. Live it.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but doesn't seem that big of deal either way.
  • Bentley Mark IVBentley Mark IV TexasPosts: 144MI6 Agent
    Bond fights for western values right? Let BR take advantage of capitalism and the free markets that our hero protects HAHA.
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent

Lets just say that it is quite unlikely that you will walk down the street and see someone else wearing your coat. :D

So what?
    If a woman see somebody else in the same dress she has on, it’s the end of the world.
    If a guy see everybody else in the same clothes that he’s wearing, he thinks: „this is great, I wear the right thing!“ :007)
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    Tintin wrote:

So what?
    If a woman see somebody else in the same dress she has on, it’s the end of the world.
    If a guy see everybody else in the same clothes that he’s wearing, he thinks: „this is great, I wear the right thing!“ :007)

This sums up my thinking exactly. If I had one wish in regards to clothing it wouldn't be to have more exclusive clothing but rather to have all these rare items be available for everyone forever. That way everyone can enjoy dressing well. :007)
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Tintin wrote:

So you only feel good about the clothes you wear if you see someone else in the same thing?

Anyway I echo the thoughts of many in that it is great for a Company like BR to produce an additional 250 jackets. I suppose that's one of the draw backs of trying to dress like Bond in that many of the items that appear on screen are from a previous seasons collection.

Well done BR.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Craig wearing the Billy Reid on another mag cover:

42634332580530418373917.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Looks perfect on the shoulders, love the fit. That's the fit I hope I get from my BR when it comes in based on the size I ordered.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • RYH666RYH666 UKPosts: 105MI6 Agent
    Hi guys, ordered my peacoat what size do you think hes wearing in that pic? Ive ordered a large gone bigger than i normally would as im normally a medium.
    RYH666 wrote:
    Hi guys, ordered my peacoat what size do you think hes wearing in that pic? Ive ordered a large gone bigger than i normally would as im normally a medium.
    most likely a medium
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    RYH666 wrote:
    most likely a medium

Yeah, that's what it looks like. And all he can fit under it is a t-shirt. Not something I'd recommend. If you're wearing a peacoat, it's to stay warm outdoor in cold weather. And for your peacoat to work most effectively you need to dress in layers.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Have to disagree with you this one, Matt...I believe he has room under that medium, perhaps for even two layers. There is give after the coat cascades from the top of the chest...agree that the shoulders and top are well fitted, but if he is a 40 then a medium would still give him room to layer underneath.
    The Mantis wrote:
    Have to disagree with you this one, Matt...I believe he has room under that medium, perhaps for even two layers. There is give after the coat cascades from the top of the chest...agree that the shoulders and top are well fitted, but if he is a 40 then a medium would still give him room to layer underneath.

In my experience a coat needs to be at least 3-4 inches larger in the chest to fit something of any substance underneath. I have a 38.5" chest at the moment, and just trying on a jacket I have that measures 40" leaves absolutely no space underneath for anything other than a shirt. If he can fit more than a shirt underneath a medium he would have to measure no more than 39".
  • delfloriadelfloria Posts: 25MI6 Agent
    Didn't the guys at BR say that DC's own coat is different size than what he wears as Bond?
    Matt S wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

In my experience a coat needs to be at least 3-4 inches larger in the chest to fit something of any substance underneath. I have a 38.5" chest at the moment, and just trying on a jacket I have that measures 40" leaves absolutely no space underneath for anything other than a shirt. If he can fit more than a shirt underneath a medium he would have to measure no more than 39".
    in the film Bond wears a dress shirt with a black (i assume its black) sweater underneath his Medium sized pea coat.
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    delfloria wrote:
    Didn't the guys at BR say that DC's own coat is different size than what he wears as Bond?

Yeah he was pictured wearing a size Large at a game and the shoulders were sagging because he wasn't pumped.

As for layering that depends on the material. Here is what I would wear:
    Base Layer: Sunspel or similar Egyptian cotton T-shirt - soft on skin so other layers combined with coat don't feel abrasive
    Mid Layer: Your choice of medium thick Henley or collared shirt
    Outer Layer: Crew neck Merino Wool or similar light sweater with a Henley or V-neck Cashmere or similar heavier sweater with the light collared shirt
    Good points, Matt! I guess I was just referring to the particular fit of this jacket in its standard sizes. More to come...
    SPOILERS GALORE: B Roll shows quite a bit of the PEA Coat...you have been warned about the spoilers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Nk1_B8ehgis#!
  • RYH666RYH666 UKPosts: 105MI6 Agent
    Im a 40 chest and like my clothes fairly fitted dont normally wear too much underneath ive gone for the large as everyone was saying its fitting a fair bit smaller but im around same height etc as DC should i try and change it to a medium to fit better or wold it be too small? Mantis have you got any ideas as you tried that one medium peacoat? ryan
    Heres an article written about the Pea coat and how it got into skyfall: http://www.valetmag.com/the-mix/101812.php
    Heres an article written about the Pea coat and how it got into skyfall: http://www.valetmag.com/the-mix/101812.php

That's a really cool article. Basically everything from this thread shared with the outside. The only thing about winter I'm looking forward to is being able to wear my vintage WWII peacoat again. But it's so heavy that it's much too warm in anything much above freezing temperatures. I replaced the plastic anchor buttons with horn buttons a while back, and I was happy to see that the BR peacoat has the same. Much classier.
    Another article....they should connect ajb to the "fervor" created around this coat.

http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-gq-eye/2012/10/james-bond-gets-his-bama-on-in-skyfall-thanks-to-billy-reid.html
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    if this doesnt sell out within a few days im gonna be shocked... :D

(and it BR does another run, im gonna be pissed :# )
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    Finally ordered mine today. Phew!!
  • delfloriadelfloria Posts: 25MI6 Agent
    Even my wife is familiar with the jacket now. She read about on one her shopping channels. They have got to be flying off the shelves now. Too bad Mantis does not have a cut of the sales considering what he has done for everyone. At least we appreciate him. Thanks.