"Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Comments

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I'm hoping that Hart will step up and give us an update on what's been sent and what's next and when.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    I received one in a size swap and it's marked large. I'm pretty short and slim, usually taking a 37/38 chest and a small or XS in most sizes. It's a REALLY fitted fit on my frame, and the sleeves are almost too tight to roll up. But the length is not workable at all, so I'm going to take it to get altered. I think I got off easy.

The quality is quite nice, probably nicer than Zara factory stuff. But it feels like Ward was taken advantage of when it came to this manufacturer following any kind of standardized sizing, let alone the specs he gave them.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Any update on remaining orders???
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • WardWard Maryland/LondonPosts: 195MI6 Agent
    I received one in a size swap and it's marked large. I'm pretty short and slim, usually taking a 37/38 chest and a small or XS in most sizes. It's a REALLY fitted fit on my frame, and the sleeves are almost too tight to roll up. But the length is not workable at all, so I'm going to take it to get altered. I think I got off easy.

The quality is quite nice, probably nicer than Zara factory stuff. But it feels like Ward was taken advantage of when it came to this manufacturer following any kind of standardized sizing, let alone the specs he gave them.

If you ever order a suit from some of the tailors in asia, the names of the sizes are different. Same size, different name. I wear a small or medium suit jacket in the US, from one of those online stores, the same thing would be a large or xl. Same with dresses, my better half just got a Willie Scott style dress and had to size up from what she'd buy over here.

So when we get our shirts, the label will still show an ego-deflating couple of sizes larger than what we normally wear.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    That's fine, but Hart's size chart had corresponding measurements and it seems to have been disregarded entirely by the manufacturer. And reports from others who have the shirts in hand seem to suggest the sizing is almost arbitrary.
  • DieMrBondDieMrBond Posts: 29MI6 Agent
    I bought two of them from Hart. My size was originally XXL, has I have a 42 inch chest and 36 inch waist. At this stage, I'll end up having to get an XXXXXXXXL, which I hope dont end receiving an L.

Any updates would be appreciated. Have any been delivered to the US at all? Thanks everyone
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I have asked Hart to update so hopefully he will post shortly.

By the way, I have an extra size medium which would fit someone who might take an extra small in a regularly sized shirt. This is a shirt I HAVE IN HAND and ready for delivery. If you are interested email david@thebondexperience.com
  • Chri360936Chri360936 Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    I live in the US and have received mine. As previously posted, it needs adjustments to be wearable, but the fabric and look are great.

Chris
  • TravelerTraveler NYCPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    image.jpg

Just received my L thanks to Mantis flipping on one of his - I had ordered an S but the L fits perfectly ... Sleeves are very long (like the jacket!) but will always be rolled up so not an issue. The look and feel of the shirt are great - lived in, but new... Off for a walk in it!
    Sounds to me like the sleeves were off on the V1. shirts. Hopefully the version 2 currently in production will be better. I don't want to *have* to roll the sleeves, although sometimes of course I will.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    I have asked Hart to update so hopefully he will post shortly.

By the way, I have an extra size medium which would fit someone who might take an extra small in a regularly sized shirt. This is a shirt I HAVE IN HAND and ready for delivery. If you are interested email david@thebondexperience.com

Sent you an email David.

-Harris
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Hart008 wrote:
    Hey guys, all will get the shorts at the same time... Only 8 people will get earlier....

Still no sign of an update from Hart despite a couple of requests, and some getting their shirts a few weeks ago... Ho hum... :#
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    From Hart to me:

"Dave can u please update ajb i am having trouble logging in
    Material has been dropped off to taylors just waiting they finish some shirts for sony company then its our turn"
  • waugerwauger Glastonbury, CTPosts: 62MI6 Agent
    From hart:

apologies i cannot access ajb , the material are with the taylors already, once the taylors finish some shirts for sony they will begin our ones. They have began to cut the material photos will follow , would u mind posting that on ajb

If by now havents received the shirt mean ur in batch 2 est time still july
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,515Chief of Staff
    If anybody can ask Hart why he can't log on to AJB, then I will try and fix the problem for him -{
    YNWA 97
  • JB1962JB1962 USAPosts: 194MI6 Agent
    I received my Large (Small) shirt from Hart a couple of weeks ago as well. As everyone else has mentioned the sleeves are long for a size Small but I roll them up anyways. As on owner of an original Zara shirt, I think this is an excellent alternative to the original shirt.
    Hi everybody. Any updates as to when we're getting the shirts for those of us in the USA? After almost a year of waiting I dont think the tailors overseas are gonna get this right. For those of you that have gotten the v2 of the shirts, how are the collars and length of the shirts? Any issues getting them tailored?

Thanks
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,116MI6 Agent
    I don't think anybody, anywhere has received a shirt from batch 2 yet.
    DieMrBond wrote:
    Hi everybody. Any updates as to when we're getting the shirts for those of us in the USA? After almost a year of waiting I dont think the tailors overseas are gonna get this right. For those of you that have gotten the v2 of the shirts, how are the collars and length of the shirts? Any issues getting them tailored?

Thanks
    As far as I understand it, v2 of the shirts have not yet been produced. The material is with the tailors and is being cut. So all the sizing issues on the last few pages aren't relevant to those waiting on shirts now.
    Ward wrote:
    DieMrBond wrote:

Thanks
    As far as I understand it, v2 of the shirts have not yet been produced. The material is with the tailors and is being cut. So all the sizing issues on the last few pages aren't relevant to those waiting on shirts now.

Yeah but I would have liked to have been reassured that the next batch "sizing" have been confirmed with the tailor as clearly they have not adhered to their own chart on the first batch

I imagine all this sizing up / down / swap business which has clearly not worked for many people has generated a lot of complaints to Hart hence why no response from him directly.

At this stage I am awaiting a XL as initially ordered but I am not exactly confident what I am going to get size wise and some re-asurrance directly on here would have been appreciated rather then thru third partys (no disrespect to Mantis)
    No disrespect felt....I don't blame everyone for being frustrated...has not been an easy process or communication...
    Hi Chaps, any updates from Hart?
    Nope
  • gregroegregroe Newport Beach, CAPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    I know, let's rename the shirt, "Enjoying Waiting"!
    Roe, Greg Roe¤♪♫,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°♪♫•
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    Hey guys, the shirts are in the process of being made.
    They are in the tailor division now they are being made at this time.
    In terms of sizes and all will stick to the original sizing , if you ordered an M you will receive an XL.
    So nothing has changed only the backend sizing from my end which you guys dont need to worry about.
    Again im sorry for the delay. when i first agreed for this project, i had no channels in terms of tayloring, and the taylors im using now are good taylors seeing from their clients, the downside is only the waiting list. they usually taylor in the thousands amount, therefore they priorities those who order the big amounts.
    I was lucky they put me in and now the shirts are being made.
    I know how you must all feel.. again im so sorry.
    For those that supported me from day one i hope you will be satisfied with this
    Yes i did ride the CAT
  • FlightyFlighty Southampton , EnglandPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    Hi Hart,
    So today is my 40th birthday! Arghhhhhhhhhh bye bye 30s.
    I have planned a James Bond theme party tonight (Pics will be on Instagram under @Legallybond if anyone wants to see) and
    I had planned on wearing the "enjoying death" outfit, with this shirt being the only missing item but hey its no big deal, I'm fortunate enough to have many other outfits to choose from.
    I'm really looking forward to receiving this shirt and I can't thank you enough for your efforts in making this happen.
    I can't imagine the stress this must have given you so hat's off my friend!

Many thanks again

Steve
    Aka @flightster @Legallybond on Instagram

Hart008 wrote:
    In terms of sizes and all will stick to the original sizing , if you ordered an M you will receive an XL.
    So nothing has changed only the backend sizing from my end which you guys dont need to worry about.
    Again im sorry for the delay. when i first agreed for this project, i had no channels in terms of tayloring, and the taylors im using now are good taylors seeing from their clients, the downside is only the waiting list. they usually taylor in the thousands amount, therefore they priorities those who order the big amounts.
    Last rat standing.
  • SpookSpook Germany/Austria/SwitzerlandPosts: 23MI6 Agent
    Keep it up, Hart! Like good field agents we will follow the mission through!
  • InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    Too late to buy in? How much?
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Flighty wrote:
    Hi Hart,
    So today is my 40th birthday! Arghhhhhhhhhh bye bye 30s.
    I have planned a James Bond theme party tonight (Pics will be on Instagram under @Legallybond if anyone wants to see) and
    I had planned on wearing the "enjoying death" outfit, with this shirt being the only missing item but hey its no big deal, I'm fortunate enough to have many other outfits to choose from.
    I'm really looking forward to receiving this shirt and I can't thank you enough for your efforts in making this happen.
    I can't imagine the stress this must have given you so hat's off my friend!

Many thanks again

Steve
    Aka @flightster @Legallybond on Instagram

Hart008 wrote:
    This is disturbing. He has been made aware of the sizing issues and is sticking with the original plan??? I have 2 shirts, one is XXL, the other is XXXL both fit about the same with the larger size actually a bit tighter.... Hart has said it's the Zara sizing chart and slim fit, but that doesn't explain why an XXXL is smaller than an XXL. This project has been a cluster from the start with the added issue of dealing with Indonesia issues, etc. All I can say is NEVER again
    This is disturbing. He has been made aware of the sizing issues and is sticking with the original plan??? I have 2 shirts, one is XXL, the other is XXXL both fit about the same with the larger size actually a bit tighter.... Hart has said it's the Zara sizing chart and slim fit, but that doesn't explain why an XXXL is smaller than an XXL. This project has been a cluster from the start with the added issue of dealing with Indonesia issues, etc. All I can say is NEVER again

well, it has certainly been a long wait and frustrating. But I do have to appreciate Hart's effort in this, after all he's doing it probono.

I guess if worse comes to worse, I'd want to have the finished material and have my tailors do the shirts for me here in the states.