SIS ID Card

Comments

• sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Look great, I too seen the diff Q photo at spyscape and was taken aback, i dont know about the movie but he was wearing the first one on the character poster. It was always odd he wasn't wearing glasses like they just slapped on a photo of BW so maybe they made a the others with an actual photo of Q ?:)
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,150MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the compliments, guys! {[]

The lack of props is certainly disappointing. Surely now is a good time to get them out before the new film arrives, and all interest is directed there!

47929144743_6faf5c1caa_o.jpg
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • KladdaghKladdagh FrancePosts: 117MI6 Agent
    Another compliments for your work Quentin ... Congrats -{
    ~Never Let Them See You Bleed~
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,150MI6 Agent
    Kladdagh wrote:
    Another compliments for your work Quentin ... Congrats -{
    Thank you mate, much appreciated -{

I have been asked whether I offer these IDs for sale - however, they are printed on card, not plastic. Does anyone have a PVC card printer? I am open to collaborating with someone here to get them made, and can supply the designs shown as well as several spare tag holders with clips.
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    SFPROPS wrote:
    Not sure yet, but probably less than what others have charged for something similar I'm guessing so start there. I've got to do the math on the supplies once I've got everything together. Shipping will be whatever actual costs to send out are.

I am interested in this as well please.
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    Still incredibly interested in getting the card with correct photo printed properly.
  • AbelAbel DenmarkPosts: 352MI6 Agent
    Here is my version of the card.
    This is a plastic card.
    Now all I need is the card holder and i'm happy

IMG-6198.png
    You left this with Ferrara, I believe
    The card holder arrived
    IMG-6312.jpg

I think it looks absolutely awesome
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,114MI6 Agent
    Abel wrote:
    The card holder arrived
    IMG-6312.jpg

I think it looks absolutely awesome

Yes, it does! {[]
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Looks great Abel! Glad you managed to grab the card holder -{
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent
    Abel is cap-able! -{ -{
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
    Ready willing and Abel :))
    IMG-6319.jpg
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I must ask, in real life would a secret agent carry a card that identifies him or her as a secret agent?

While in the building, yes, but on the streets and even abroad?!

BTW this looks like a good quality prop.
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    I must ask, in real life would a secret agent carry a card that identifies him or her as a secret agent?

The answer is yes!
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,114MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:

Yes and no.
    When inside the HQ Building, yes, he (or she) would be required to use the card to gain access and be required to wear it.

They would not take it abroad.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:

The answer is yes!

Actually the answer is most definitely no.

Keep in mind that not all employees at a state's foreign intelligence agency are actually employed as foreign intelligence officers—the number of analysts for example far exceed the number of IOs. When posted locally, all employees (IOs, analysts, linguists etc) carry relatively similar identification, similar to Bond's fictional one, that identifies their employer but generally not their specific position. When posted in another country, generally embassies, IOs come in two types*, declared and undeclared. Declared IO will carry identification when in that foreign country that does identify them as an IO of a certain country—this practice is quite common. Next you have the undeclared IOs, the real "secret agents"... 8-) These individuals are generally placed in embassies around the world, without the host country knowing their true role, being passed off as regular diplomats while conducting covert intelligence gathering. These "spies" certainly do not carry around identification that labels them IOs, they use documentation that conforms to their diplomatic cover, whatever that may be.

*Okay yes there are also the more Bond-like clandestine IOs that are sent to gather intelligence in foreign counties as tourists, students, employees of a random company etc. These people definitely do not carry identification that label them IOs or even government employees.
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    JTM this is what I think. Why bother having secret agents if they are going to carry identification that identifies them as secret agents? I used to work a lowly cleaner in an office block. I had to pick up a pass every time I went there and give it back when I left and sign for it in and out. I think SIS would do something similar so no one would carry ID or even have chance to lose it outside the building.

And a photo ID? Would it not be something biometric (is this the correct word?)

Like I already said the prop card is good and nothing is meant by my asking these questions as the card follows what is seen in the films, but I think in real life SIS would not do this.

Could an real secret agent be given documents like a passport and driving license etc which he could use under a different name but that name and details kept by SIS and given friendly services like the CIA if the agent was in their country so they alone could identify the agent? If so I think this identity would change every mission.
  • Arbogast777Arbogast777 Minneapolis Posts: 252MI6 Agent
    Next up we're going to need a visitors badge B-)

5-F3-DED1-B-E8-A7-4-EC4-9082-1614-F483-EDBC.jpg
    Nice one! We saw M's new card on his desk too. Looks like it has a hologram or something circular in the corner.
    JTM wrote:
    state's foreign intelligence agency are actually employed as foreign intelligence officers—the number of analysts for example

I was just at a Washington party with numerous Agency personnel. They all have business cards--albeit not identifying them as with the Agency. ;)
    And now I have a great Q And M card in my collection to
    IMG-6548.jpg
    Henrik, they look tagnificent -{
  • Alex1995Alex1995 France/GermanyPosts: 339MI6 Agent
    Super job Henrik {[]

- François
    1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
    7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”
    Abel wrote:
    IMG-6548.jpg

So none of you guys are going to offer the correct Bond 007 badge to the rest of us plebes? :))
  • KladdaghKladdagh FrancePosts: 117MI6 Agent
    Impressed by the job ...
    ~Never Let Them See You Bleed~
    Abel wrote:
    IMG-6548.jpg

So none of you guys are going to offer the correct Bond 007 badge to the rest of us plebes? :))

Sure I have extras.
    P.m. me if you're interested
    What a journey! Thanks to the forum members who stepped up and made it happen.

IMG-6611.jpg

IMG-6615.jpg
    Next lot:

48447243027_0433715e04_o.jpg
    48447242262_59b7f44ef6_o.jpg
    48447081396_3366b68e04_o.jpg

My first B25 prop - and premature, but why not have fun now and we'll see how inaccurate it is later.
    https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48447243827_fca4a42568_o.jpg
    https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48447082816_112bcb40ea_o.jpg
    Whoa, amazing catch!
    HalfMonk HalfHitman Thanks, mate! -{