MAJOR SPOILERS - Nit Picking Plot Loopholes

2»

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    My only major nit-picky scene in SF is actually not a scene at all, but the off-screen escape of Silva from his cell. I've searched the threads for a passable explanation of this, but couldn't find one. I've seen the film twice and still have no answer. Does the power override open his cell? Does he then somehow overpower one (or two) guards half a room away? Did I miss a line of dialogue or a visual clue? Okay, his plan involved getting caught, infecting the computer system, escaping, humiliating M, blah, blah, blah, but if this is the explanation, it's the weakest part of a strong film.

Silva's escape was really quite simple.
    after being taken hostage, Silva had a hack/code whatever geeky label you wanna put on it, in his laptop that he hoped would be examined by Q. When Q plugs Silva's laptop in, it automatically starts to hack MI6's mainframe with a simple command; 'open all the doors'. We realise what's happening when the server doors in the floor open up and Q asks "whats happening, why are all the doors opening?".

The gaurds that are watching Silva aren't armed, and as Silva is an ex agent, possibly an ex 00, we can assume he's a bit handy with the old fisty-cuffs, and thus makes his escape.

Hope this helps.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • TurnkeyTurnkey Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    I wondered why the local LEO didn't have officers swarming the area, and a helicopter on scene to chase a suspect that just killed multiple motorcycle officers.

Not a major plot hole but Eve should have already had her rifle with here when she confronted the killer before he jumped on the train. After all he had already shown he was heavily armed, just sayin.
  • SpangledWebSpangledWeb Station P, USAPosts: 24MI6 Agent
    Thanks, minigeff. Occam's Razor strikes again! -{