You know you're a Bond fan when, .....................

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Instead of Bond, use your favourite sports team. Would you really want
    To be stuck on the bus. With the guy always running your team down ?
    Or would you be trying to sit with your mates and " big up" the team.
    I'm guessing it has more to do with Positive and Negative people. :D
    I always see the glass half full :D

"My name's Thunderpussy and I'm a Bondaholic !" :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    I simply love all things Bond regardless of what they are :)
    and as a fanatic there is NOTHING wrong with these 23 soon to be 24 films! I love them ;)
    so for me there is no flat dialogue, no mishaps or whatsoever!sadly this forum is full of threads that only focus on (IMO non-existent) errors! I've often asked myself why some members on here consider themselves a fan?! ?:)
    to put it down in a very simple way: watch the Bond movies and simply just enjoy them, life is hard enough :)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    When you own half the stuff on the Memorabalia forum, but you're missing all your furniture and your wife left you because the kids are hungry.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    You know you're a fan when you spend more time discussing positive aspects of the world of Bond rather than the (perceived) negative ones.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    ... and you know you're a Bond fan, when you actually care about this stuff. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:
    A fan spends time & energy reveling in the joy of the art that he or she loves. But just sometimes, in discussing what we don't like about our fixation, we discover we were wrong about something, and our appreciation only grows.

Any Dalton confession to make, Bruce Lee? :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Any Dalton confession to make, Bruce Lee? :D
    Yes, I had no love for Dalton (based only on hazy decades-old memories of seeing each film only once, and BEFORE I had read the novels) when I first joined here, and voiced it. I was swiftly pummeled with suggestions that he rocked & that I needed to try them again, for which I will be forever grateful to this community. My tune changed faster than a slide whistle. :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    You know you're a Bond fan when...

-You spend an unhealthy amount of time daydreaming about the Bond films.

-You walk into a liquor store, and ask a staff member the whereabouts of the gin, vodka and vermouth. :D :v

-You wish you owned your own white Lotus Esprit, with special submarine capabilities. :D -{

-You wish you owned your own Acrostar Mini-Jet. B-)

-You wish you owned your own gyrocopter, like Little Nellie.

-You wish you owned your own "special" yacht, like the Disco Volante. :)

-You wish you owned a place (exactly) like Atlantis. B-) -{ :D

-You know who was the SECOND actor to have played James Bond in an official Bond film.

-You walk into an electrical retailer, eager to buy a number of Bond films on DVD or Blu Ray.

-You spend countless hours on AJB. :)) :D
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    You get pissed off when Lazenby is ignored in Bond themed talk shows.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    edited July 2015
    ...when you think that non-Bond fans don't simply own the right to watch these movies
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
    ...when you see/hear/read a report about 007 and the writers got the facts wrong
    and you just think: there's a special place in hell for you
  • DutchJamesBondFanDutchJamesBondFan the NetherlandsPosts: 414MI6 Agent
    -You spend countless hours on AJB. :)) :D

I do spend a lot of time on AJB, but I don't post that often.
    Does it still count? :D
    Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/
  • DutchJamesBondFanDutchJamesBondFan the NetherlandsPosts: 414MI6 Agent
    You send angry tweets to the paper when they make mistakes in Bond related articles!
    Happend twice over here. :#
    Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    ...when you see/hear/read a report about 007 and the writers got the facts wrong

I read so much misinformation about James Bond's clothing that I started my own website! The light grey three-piece suit in Goldfinger is not sharkskin! Sean Connery's suits never had flat front trousers!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:

I read so much misinformation about James Bond's clothing that I started my own website! The light grey three-piece suit in Goldfinger is not sharkskin! Sean Connery's suits never had flat front trousers!

your website is great -{
    couple of weeks ago there was an aston martin v12 (not even the DAD-model): first it was used in CR, 2mins later Piercy B drove it in TND
    got me really cracked up :v
  • Agent LeeAgent Lee Posts: 254MI6 Agent

Dude yes!!
    Wish I Was at Disneyland, podcast about Disneyland, Disney news, Disney movies, Star Wars, and life in Southern California.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wish-i-was-at-disneyland/id1202780413?mt=2
  • Agent LeeAgent Lee Posts: 254MI6 Agent
    You know you're a Bond fan when you can't help but quietly pretend to be Bond EVERY TIME you wear a suit.
    Wish I Was at Disneyland, podcast about Disneyland, Disney news, Disney movies, Star Wars, and life in Southern California.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wish-i-was-at-disneyland/id1202780413?mt=2
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Agent Lee wrote:
    You know you're a Bond fan when you can't help but quietly pretend to be Bond EVERY TIME you wear a suit.

Grenadine and knitted ties - check
    Folded white linen handkerchief in my breast pocket - check
    Turnbull & Asser and Frank Foster shirts - check
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Bondage007Bondage007 AustraliaPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

Your website is fantastic! I think I first came across the article on the fashion of LTK
    2019 Bondathon...in progress (6) FRWL (7) GE (8) FYEO (9) TND (10) MR (11) GF (12) LALD (13) DAF (14) LTK (15) TMWTGG (16) TB (17) TSWLM (18) DAD (19) AVTAK (20) YOLT (21) QOS (22) SF (23) TWINE (24) SP
  • Bondage007Bondage007 AustraliaPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    When you get excited seeing Bond alumni in other movies and tv shows
    2019 Bondathon...in progress (6) FRWL (7) GE (8) FYEO (9) TND (10) MR (11) GF (12) LALD (13) DAF (14) LTK (15) TMWTGG (16) TB (17) TSWLM (18) DAD (19) AVTAK (20) YOLT (21) QOS (22) SF (23) TWINE (24) SP
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    When a casual Bond fan asks you: "So, this new movie SPECTRE, what does it stand for anyway?"

And you go in Dr. No mode: "Special Excecutive for Counter Intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge - Extortion" Without breaking a sweat.

(Actually happened to me today :P )
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Do you do his voice too DF?
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • 002002 New ZealandPosts: 558MI6 Agent
    Agent Lee wrote:

Dude yes!!

Me too. {[]

Lazenby deserves better.
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Do you do his voice too DF?

Of course! I don't even do the blinking :))
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
    ... Sitting in a shopping centre, watching the shopkeepers closing up
    As the electric shutters descend you say to yourself ..
    " We are now completely impregnable " ;)
    ( if you say it out loud, people get up from the bench and walk away )
    and every Bald bloke you see, is a potential. Blofeld. :))
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    When I actually cried. Broke down in tears when it came out thar Brosnan would no longer be Bond. I was 10. But felt my heart break for the first time.
    I can understand that deep " Fandom" eric7964 -{ .
    I even posted recently that perhaps people should try and remember
    that you may not like a certain actor, but to the person you're talking to
    He may be a childhood hero. So perhaps hold back on some of the nastier
    comments.
    By the way Eric you might like to introduce yourself here.
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/758373/#p758373
    and welcome to AJB. {[]
    eric7064 wrote:
    When I actually cried. Broke down in tears when it came out thar Brosnan would no longer be Bond. I was 10. But felt my heart break for the first time.

know the feeling :))
    Today on the street I saw a flattened 20 players blue cigarette packet, and
    Immediately thought of Domino's story about it to Bond in the novel Thunderball. ;)
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    eric7064 wrote:

know the feeling :))

It was a rough patch for sure haha!