AllSaints Iggy Corduane Jeans - worth lobbying for a reissue??

Comments

• singhammersinghammer Posts: 108MI6 Agent
    Already have the Burgandy and I must admit that this is a nice color, too. So it's no problem to stick with them.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    singhammer wrote:
    Already have the Burgandy and I must admit that this is a nice color, too. So it's no problem to stick with them.

Burgandy is technically dark red I believe however the All Saints pics looks pretty brown, whats your take on the colour mate?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    singhammer wrote:

Burgandy is technically dark red I believe however the All Saints pics looks pretty brown, whats your take on the colour mate?
    i think we need to go back to Jany and ask her how she dyed them, and also ask about training pants at same time.
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"
    I thought that I read on here that Jany confirmed that they were not dyed but distressed????
  • singhammersinghammer Posts: 108MI6 Agent
    Hi, I would say they are definitely brown, but a lighter brown not very dark with maybe a little touch of red depending on the lighting.
    Strange thing I just recognized is: All Saints already offerd the trousers in bitter choc, and that's what they could do again regardless of what the costume designers did to the trousers in the movie.
    So I'd say I'm still in in case they change their opinon.
    Thanks for the info!

Yes I agree, I think important to stress in email that we are wanting the bitter choc colour!
  • CedricCedric Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    jon_1uk wrote:
    just had this reply from them:

I can confirm that the jeans in the movie Skyfall were the Corduane Iggy Jeans. The colour of the jeans in the movie were modified specifically for the movie and not by AllSaints so we are unable to provide you with the exact colour worn.

However, the jeans are still available online in Burgandy and Sedge for purchase: http://www.allsaints.com/men/jeans/allsaints-corduane-iggy-jeans/?colour=3044&page=1&position=1&category=7

I hope this is helpful to you. Please do let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards
    Nicola

I think that's a no on the re-stock.

AllSaints Customer Services
    Right - please confirm you have sent emails!

Here is mine (sort of tried bigging up the other companies to make them look bad if they dont reissue lol)
    Good afternoon,

Jany Temime the costume designer for the recent blockbuster James Bond film "Skyfall" has confirmed that AllSaints Corduane Iggy Jeans in Bitter Chocolate was used during the movie and distressed to alter appearance.

Is there any possibility of the Bitter Choc colour being reissued???? Your current colours are not close enough however the Bitter Choc looks very close as they were the ones originally used!.

Many clothes designers such as Barbour, Billy Reid, Levis have reissued the screen use clothes to satisfy the fans, hopefully All Saints will listen to the fans and also do this as many 007 fans want these Biter Choc Iggys!

Regards

Paul
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Where did you send the email, Nicola is obviously not "getting" what this means for AllSaints
    I used this Simon

info@allsaints.com
  • BlazenblazeBlazenblaze USAPosts: 55MI6 Agent
    Email sent!
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    Email sent!

i have replied with more pressure so please keep the emails going to them !!
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"
    I think 34 people are "in"

Lets then get at least 34 emails sent even if you are on the fence about these!

The count of emails sent so far????

Rebenton
    Jon1_UK
    Welshboy
    Blazenblaze

Please confirm if you have sent email so we have idea of hw much pressure we are putting on them!!! If not send one today!!!
  • don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I think 34 people are "in"

Lets then get at least 34 emails sent even if you are on the fence about these!

The count of emails sent so far????

Rebenton
    Jon1_UK
    Welshboy
    Blazenblaze

Please confirm if you have sent email so we have idea of hw much pressure we are putting on them!!! If not send one today!!!

sent mine,
    Rebenton
    Jon1_UK
    Welshboy
    Blazenblaze
    don p
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    I've sent an email to them awaiting a reply
    Just got a reply - seems we need to go up the ladder?? Sounds a bit better then the last fobbed off one
    Hi Paul

Thank you for your email.
    Unfortunately we have no further information if the CORDUANE IGGY (MPJ808) in bitter chic will be restocked, I am afraid.

I have also checked all our stores but unfortunately this item is sold out.

Kindest regards

Anna

I suggest we keep sending the emails and maybe keep them handy for sending to somebody higher up the chain??
    1) Rebenton
    2) Jon1_UK
    3) Welshboy
    4) Blazenblaze
    5) don p
    6) Shilton 125
    7) Meesta Bawd
  • jonny-dhjonny-dh Posts: 257MI6 Agent
    1) Rebenton
    2) Jon1_UK
    3) Welshboy
    4) Blazenblaze
    5) don p
    6) Shilton 125
    7) Meesta Bawd
    8) jonny-dh
  • jonny-dhjonny-dh Posts: 257MI6 Agent
    Just heard back from them:

Hello,

I have forwarded your email onwards to our PR & Marketing team and if there is an interest on their part they will contact you directly. We thank you for your time and interest in being a part of the continued success of AllSaints.

With regards,

Customer Service Team
    jonny-dh wrote:
    Just heard back from them:

Hello,

I have forwarded your email onwards to our PR & Marketing team and if there is an interest on their part they will contact you directly. We thank you for your time and interest in being a part of the continued success of AllSaints.

With regards,

Customer Service Team

Getting warmer :)

Right, everybody else send emails and add your name to the list once sent!!
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    Guys, im a long time Allsaints customer. The brown cords are an allsaints classic just like thier Tonic Scoop plain tees. they remake them every year. Relax. It will come back.
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    However true that may be, I think the safer bet is to continue lobbying for them until it happens.
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    On Nov 15, 2012, at 4:03 PM, <infous@allsaints.com> wrote:

Hello,

I have forwarded your email onwards to the appropriate department that would be best able to answer any questions or queries relating to this particular request.  If there is an interest on their part they will contact you directly. 

We thank you for your time and interest in being a part of the continued success of AllSaints.

With regards,

Might this be sent along as well. As someone who has studied marketing and business, please send this onwards to someone who will hear me out and can make such a decision. 

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/39640/allsaints-iggy-corduane-jeans-worth-lobbying-for-a-reissue/

This is a small sample of the interest held in these particular pants. It is known that there are several people that do not post on the boards that do see it and read it that will most likely be interested as well.

I will also mention the recent interest in the Billy Reid Bond peacoat (which at $695, sold its preliminary 250 within a few weeks and is now on back order and orders are still being placed with no end in sight), the N. Peal cashmere sweater in Blue wave that was made in a previous season has now been scraped up to source again because of the recent demand, and they have now been swamped with prob more orders than they will be able to fill. Barbour has recently made more of their jackets that were suppose to be a limited edition in an attempt to bring demand back to manageable levels, and Levi's is sending relief stock of their LVC jacket in an attempt to cash in on the fact it was shown in Skyfall. 

Skyfall is doing well in the box offices. Companies that are re-supplying past seasons models with links to the movie saying that its what Bond wears are booming and selling, mostly due to the fact that there are people who want to dress like Bond, and they will spend money to do so. We live in the age of Internet, so the information to what he wears is now readily available, from forums such as from where the above link is from to more legitimate sites such as jamesbondlifestyle and thesuitsofjamesbond. 

In the end I see an opportunity for both parties. There is the opportunity for you to make money from the exposure you have just received because of the movie in addition to several new customers that will hear of you just because of that link, and there is the opportunity for people to be able to own what bond wears. 

Thank you for your time and consideration. 

Ryan Benton

Sent from my iPad
  • KaruraKarura Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Do they ship to Canada? I would be interested in a pair :))
    Need more emails sent and confirmed. Lot of people said they were in, please send email and confirm here
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Ryan, very professional and I think compelling note...really well done!
  • JB1962JB1962 USAPosts: 194MI6 Agent
    Email sent.
  • KaruraKarura Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Email sent. -{