AllSaints Iggy Corduane Jeans - worth lobbying for a reissue??

1235»

Comments

• Batman007Batman007 Posts: 36MI6 Agent
    rebenton wrote:
    I agree. These are the last piece I'm missing from my lodge outfit. That and no one else seems to make dark brown slim fit cords.
    A little while back J. Crew made some dark brown cords in the 770 cut. Which is a pretty narrow cut, right above their 484 fit. I don't think the dark brown is available anymore though, I did happen to pick up a pair while I visited a J. Crew store.
  • QuantumMemberQuantumMember Posts: 46MI6 Agent
    Reviewing the preceding posts it appears there may have been some confusion by AllSaints regarding the Skyfall connection and proper color.

Perhaps the approach should be to make a request to have the Bitter Choc color made available again given it is a popular, basic/staple color. Independent of the Bond connection.
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Craig - Do you have the 'style' name of the S&S cords? - they look good.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Holden,
    They're called Scotch & Soda Men's Washed Cord Pant in Charcoal. If you need more info, I can look for the style number on the tag.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Cheers Craig :)
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    Holden,
    They're called Scotch & Soda Men's Washed Cord Pant in Charcoal. If you need more info, I can look for the style number on the tag.

Kind regards,
    Craig

That would be cool. My Ralstons are my favorite jeans and would like some scotch and soda cords as well.
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    Holden,

Kind regards,
    Craig

How does these corduroy pants fits? i.e. True-to-size, fits small, or run larger? Thanks.
  • JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    For anyone interested in the Ralston Cords, Amazon has them on sale currently:

http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Soda-Mens-Washed-Charcoal/dp/B00FB7SO0U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391699609&sr=8-1&keywords=Scotch+%26+Soda+Men%27s+Washed+Cord+Pant

I couldn't say no to that price! It helps that I absolutely love the Ralston cut, and these do make a very good substitute to the Iggy's in my opinion. Thanks to Craig for bringing these to my attention!
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    That would be cool. My Ralstons are my favorite jeans and would like some scotch and soda cords as well.

The style number for these is 1304.09.80034. As JMac88 noted, these are currently available on sale at Amazon.
    cmdr_bong wrote:
    How does these corduroy pants fits? i.e. True-to-size, fits small, or run larger? Thanks.

These fit true to size, IMO. I would order your normal jean size.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    Thanks for the heads up on the Amazon sale. I ended up going one size down from my ralston jeans because I thoughts it would give me a better fit for cords, but I'll figure out if this was the right choice soon I guess.

Sucks being between sizes in the iggy cords, I'm returning my second pair today.
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    I think with patience the iggy cord in bitter choc will become available again.... The colour is a staple as is the style and material.... It's really only a matter of time. I love iggy cords and have several pairs in various colours. They're my favourite trousers in the winter and so comfortable. If you squat for England or are overweight they aren't for you but otherwise they're ACE!
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Did we even bombard All Saints with request for this??

Cant remember amongst the Zara, Billy Reid and other Skyfall products we tried lobbying for lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • QuantumMemberQuantumMember Posts: 46MI6 Agent
    Polynikes wrote:
    I think with patience the iggy cord in bitter choc will become available again.... The colour is a staple as is the style and material.... It's really only a matter of time. I love iggy cords and have several pairs in various colours. They're my favourite trousers in the winter and so comfortable. If you squat for England or are overweight they aren't for you but otherwise they're ACE!

This may very well be the case. Though, I don't believe it would hurt to make an interest in this particular color known to AllSaints. So that we might see these again sooner rather than later.
  • sandman1935sandman1935 St.Augustine FLPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    I just got the Scotch and Soda's today in the mail. By far the best and most comfortable pair of cords I have got. Although if you are a 34 in waist they are 34 inch legs which is too long for me. Hope this helps anyone.
    Mine showed up yesterday as well, also 34 in length. I ordered size 30. All my Ralstons have come in 34 length, though I have seen them in 32 length at a store in Portland.

These cords fit much better than the Iggy cords did, they fit a lot like the Iggy denims I own in the same size.
  • flashflash Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Are the scotch & soda's cords low-waist or mid-waist?
    thanks
    I'd say low waist.
  • GomersGomers Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    Just got myself a pair of these http://www.mainlinemenswear.co.uk/product.php?xProd=47793

Really pleased, although the fit is very slim, more snug than my Ralstons and Iggys, had to go up a waist size. They are black and not bitter choc, but well chuffed overall. A bit of a bargain too at the moment. I've just sent back a size W34 L32 today, so these should appear in stock in a few days I would have thought.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    I bought 2 pairs of the Ralston Cords, in a size 31" and 32", as I wasn't sure of the fit, and have the pair of 32"s up for sale. Probably best for someone in the UK, as I paid for shipping and duty, so wouldn't make as much sense to ship them back to the US! Just looking to cover my costs, so £50 plus postage to you.

IMG_3360_zpsa6ee7ebd.jpg

IMG_3361_zps5fad36ed.jpg

IMG_3362_zpsd4d5edc4.jpg
  • sonnyredsonnyred Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    I bought 2 pairs of the Ralston Cords, in a size 31" and 32", as I wasn't sure of the fit, and have the pair of 32"s up for sale. Probably best for someone in the UK, as I paid for shipping and duty, so wouldn't make as much sense to ship them back to the US! Just looking to cover my costs, so £50 plus postage to you.

Hi Meesta Bawnd,

pm sent :)
    I'd like to hear about the results if anyone decides to dye the Ralston cords. I do think that they appear to be warmer in color than any pics I've seen and don't seem so cool or light a grey, but since I ordered a 2nd pair because they fit so well, I wouldn't mind dyeing one pair. But I have little experience with this task and would really benefit from someone else's knowledge and experience.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    So I've been hoping for a reissue of the iggy cords as we head into autumn. At the All Saints store on Regent St in London today, and apparently they are not planning to do anything.

They have just released a new model called the Darwell in a stone and grey colour but are not planning to release other cord jeans, or any other colours. Apparently cords are not big sellers for them.

This is just me talking to one of the attendants, so may not be gospel. But just thought I'd post pics of the new Darwell cords below. They are very skinny! Couldn't get em over my calves!

image.jpg

image.jpg