Was anyone bothered by... spoiler

13»

Comments

• Dalkowski110Dalkowski110 Posts: 1,314MI6 Agent
    Bond's Aston is history

Is it? M seemed REALLY familiar with the car for one, and it just seemed implied from the dialogue that it was a piece of old MI6 technology gathering dust until Bond took a liking to it. Wouldn't that logically leave the one he won in Nassau in CR with a completely different dashboard (although he probably got it converted to right-hand drive ASAP), no gadgets since we can see inside the car, and different license plate brackets? You could probably retcon it back into existence pretty easily and have him say "I couldn't resist something so close to the company car."
    By the way, are you gonna eat that?
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,743MI6 Agent
    edited November 2012
    This is the way I look at it: it's 2012, Moneypenney is a beautiful British woman who is quite capable both mentally and physically who just happens to be Black. The backstory that has been established between her and Bond is full of irony. She shot him and more than likely had sex with him. This should continue to be fodder for some entertaining interaction between them in Bond 24. It will also be interesting to see if their relationship in subsequent films is one of flirting, teasing, etc like the "classic" Bond / Moneypenney or if they become "friends with benefits" outside of work which would be keeping with the more "modern" approach to Bond.
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    This is the way I look at it: it's 2012, Moneypenney is a beautiful British woman who is quite capable both mentally and physically who just happens to be Black. The backstory that has been established between her and Bond is full of irony. She shot him and more than likely had sex with him. This should continue to be fodder for some entertaining interaction between them in Bond 24. It will also be interesting to see if their relationship in subsequent films is one of flirting, teasing, etc like the "classic" Bond / Moneypenney or if they become "friends with benefits" outside of work which would be keeping with the more "modern" approach to Bond.

- Given how they interacted with each other in this film, I can see this happening.