List of NATO Agents

I have been asking this since "SKYFALL" first hit the movie theaters. How did a MI-6 field agent in Istanbul end up with a list of undercover NATO agents on his laptop hard drive?

Comments

• Agent007jamestAgent007jamest usaPosts: 163MI6 Agent
    I think it occurs before the explosion at MI6 when Tanner informs M that someone is accessing her computer. But who knows really obviously the "list" was only a plot component to get the real story rolling since they don't even resolve it after Silvia's death. It's like the brief case in Pulp Fiction
  • L JonesL Jones Posts: 131MI6 Agent
    I think it occurs before the explosion at MI6 when Tanner informs M that someone is accessing her computer. But who knows really obviously the "list" was only a plot component to get the real story rolling since they don't even resolve it after Silvia's death. It's like the brief case in Pulp Fiction

The movie starts off with Bond and Moneypenny in Istanbul, trying and failing to prevent the list of NATO agents from being taken from another MI6 agent.
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    One word: MacGuffin.
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
  • BodieBodie Posts: 211MI6 Agent
    Agreed - McGuffin. Highly unlikely info like this would be stored anywhere other than the secure MI6 mainframe. Always been a bit confused about the agents status, are they NATO agents or MI6 agents. At the initial meeting with M Mallory states they are NATO agents but for the rest of the movie they seem to be MI6 agents. The new report refers to Captain Hussein as an MI6 agent.
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    Mallory to M in their meeting, before MI6 HQ's office goes up in smoke:

"Three months ago you lost the computer drive containing the identity of almost any NATO agent embedded in terrorist organizations across the globe. A list which, in the eyes of our allies, never existed."

..Which indicates that Mallory refers to a list which contains also identities of other NATO countries intelligence service operatives and not just MI6 agents.

But how it ended to a laptop, I agree with McGuffin theory.
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo