Bond fitness thread

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Impressive Shaun! Tell us what you did
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • shaunshaun Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

well as most people that train will tell you the gym bits easy (its not) its the strict dieting thats tough (oh god it is) but luckily for me my daughter is a professional trainer at a gym in central london as well a wbff fitness pro , so i had some fantastic help , she set up my training plan and diet which started off with me on 1640cals a day for about 5 weeks to lean me out, my training routine stayed pretty much constant except for increasing weight as my strength increased
    mon chest and triceps
    tues back and biceps
    wed rest
    thurs legs and abs
    fri shoulders and whatever else i wanted to work on
    weekend rest
    cardio started off at 30mins at the end of each workout but by week 12 i was down to just 10mins at the end of each workout
    also after 5 weeks my calories/macros were increased each week so that by week 12 i was on just over 2000 cal a day (because i sit on my ass all day its a lot) my weight dropped from 76kg to 70kg (im only 5ft 9") 32" waist down to 30"

i can`t deny it was a massive help having a personalised training plan but i still had to get my ass in the gym at the end of a working day im glad i did, i was very happy with the end result

PS my daughter lives in london, i live just north of manchester 200 miles away
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Well done Shaun!

I'm 53 this year and agree that it does feel more of a challenge the older we get - there's a fair bit of research to suggest that not only do we lose lean muscle mass as we age but it becomes harder to put it on. As ever, loads of factors involved and - as you've proved - it isn't impossible!

Hope you enjoyed the trip too :)
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    shaun wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

well as most people that train will tell you the gym bits easy (its not) its the strict dieting thats tough (oh god it is) but luckily for me my daughter is a professional trainer at a gym in central london as well a wbff fitness pro , so i had some fantastic help , she set up my training plan and diet which started off with me on 1640cals a day for about 5 weeks to lean me out, my training routine stayed pretty much constant except for increasing weight as my strength increased
    mon chest and triceps
    tues back and biceps
    wed rest
    thurs legs and abs
    fri shoulders and whatever else i wanted to work on
    weekend rest
    cardio started off at 30mins at the end of each workout but by week 12 i was down to just 10mins at the end of each workout
    also after 5 weeks my calories/macros were increased each week so that by week 12 i was on just over 2000 cal a day (because i sit on my ass all day its a lot) my weight dropped from 76kg to 70kg (im only 5ft 9") 32" waist down to 30"

i can`t deny it was a massive help having a personalised training plan but i still had to get my ass in the gym at the end of a working day im glad i did, i was very happy with the end result

PS my daughter lives in london, i live just north of manchester 200 miles away

Cool - I do the same body split however do cardio in a seperate session!!

Great your daughter is your trainer!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    Just wanted to contribute to this thread with an update of my progress. I posted a pic of me on vacation back in the later part of April. I was about 235 pounds back then. I was happy because I was down about 10 pounds from the end of March. Looking back now, I’m surprised at how fat I still was. Anyway, I’ve continued with my new lifestyle of improved nutrition and more consistent workouts. Here is a picture of me from today. At about 201lbs (for reference I’m 6’0’’)
    B3-B8-E7-E7-3565-4-B41-B82-B-A3-B3554-BCB40.png

0-FD8-FC49-B753-4695-B031-58-DB31285-FFF.jpg

CDFAC1-D6-494-E-4791-8636-30-D6-F918840-B.jpg
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    hcantrell wrote:
    Just wanted to contribute to this thread with an update of my progress. I posted a pic of me on vacation back in the later part of April. I was about 235 pounds back then. I was happy because I was down about 10 pounds from the end of March. Looking back now, I’m surprised at how fat I still was. Anyway, I’ve continued with my new lifestyle of improved nutrition and more consistent workouts. Here is a picture of me from today. At about 201lbs (for reference I’m 6’0’’)
    B3-B8-E7-E7-3565-4-B41-B82-B-A3-B3554-BCB40.png

0-FD8-FC49-B753-4695-B031-58-DB31285-FFF.jpg

CDFAC1-D6-494-E-4791-8636-30-D6-F918840-B.jpg
    You look great!
    Thanks! I'm hoping someone can draw inspiration from seeing someone make a little progress. Only downside is having to buy a bunch of new clothes as I continue dropping pounds haha.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    Fantastic Mate. Well done. {[]
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    Guys just seen davids Bond25 fitness tips video , excellent as always David and a real inspiration.
    He mentions hes uses PX90 Plus
    I'm roughly similar age , any of you experts recommend which type of programme.
    I currently train 2 days a week with a personal trainer but need something now to work out on,on those other days
    cheers
    007 reporting for duty
  • nobodynobody Posts: 110MI6 Agent
    Nice job, that's a significant accomplishment.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    Anyone know which manufacturer was used for the pull up bar in skyfall ?
    I know the fitness equipment was cosmed but apparently the free standing bar wasn't
    007 reporting for duty
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Hows everyone's #bond25fitnesschallenge going? I think those recent pics of DC in Matera (and all the thirsty comments women made) were definitely inspirational in how I want to look in clothes.
    DCmatera.jpg
  • BraxoBraxo Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    I've been doing general fitness over the years with olympic lifting and high-intensity interval training and have enjoyed it, so I feel I have knowledge of the movements, lifts, etc and have a decent base for my strength.

As with many of you, I like to reach general fitness goals for the release of a new Bond film. I haven't really followed any program in particular nor really had goals or achievements that I worked towards.

For the new film, I want to change that a bit and do a work-out program to improve my endurance. I can be pretty athletic for 10-minutes or so, but after that my body falls off a cliff and I really struggle.

So for that goal in mind, I've purchased the kindle book of Tactical Barball: Conditioning (http://www.tacticalbarbell.com/about/).

While technically the second book in the program (first one is detailing the strength routine), reviews online have suggested that folks start with the Conditioning book first in order to follow the "Base Building" programming for 8 weeks or so, then start to incorporate the other parts of the program into your work. I've only decided to do it a few days ago, so I'm only 25% through the short book. Plan on finishing it this weekend, making myself a plan, then beginning the base building next week.

From the sounds of it, the programming should be right up James Bond's alley.
    I recently broke through the 200lb mark. The only downside is I have to rebuild my whole wardrobe as my pants, shirts, suits, etc are too big.
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 476MI6 Agent
    I am just maintaining :)

635943-D9-FBEE-4-A28-AE71-D7-B4283-DAF41.jpg

7-EBDD52-E-CC38-450-B-AE54-BC8-AF640-FACF.jpg
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    hcantrell wrote:
    I recently broke through the 200lb mark. The only downside is I have to rebuild my whole wardrobe as my pants, shirts, suits, etc are too big.

That's a great problem to have! Congratulations!
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
    JET007 wrote:
    hcantrell wrote:

That's a great problem to have! Congratulations!

I found out that I've gone from a 38 and even a 40 pant size to a 33. I'm currently 195. Still got a little bit left. I think my ideal body will fall around 175-185...so basically 180 is the goal. From there I'll look at my bf% and figure out how to proceed to get that lean muscle cut look.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    #bond25fitnesschallenge Injury and a Plan of Action!

What do you do when you injure yourself but you want to keep following the #bond25fitnesschallenge? I discuss my own experience and a plan of action on how to stay motivated and fit!
    #fitness #notimetodie #jamesbond #piercebrosnan #danielcraig #007 #workout

https://youtu.be/U6n18Lc3aJY

injury-fit-vlog.jpg
    I've decided to make a public commitment to getting back in to shape and here seems as good a place as any......

I turned 53 last week and I'm nowhere near in the shape I want to be in. Having been in good shape most of my adult life (I'm ex-military, I have worked as a fitness instructor and I qualified as a personal trainer 7 years ago) I know what I should be doing but allowed myself to fall victim to all of the excuses I know are bs......I've also had some personal struggles to contend with but the last few months have seen me doing next to nothing and I've had enough.

My current stats:

5'8" (172cm), 145 pounds (66kg), 19% body fat, 38" chest, 31" waist. Weedy arms, pretty poor strength and lacking cardiovascular fitness.

My goal is to be in decent Bond shape for the release of NTTD - and by all means hold me accountable. I'll also take a look at the #bond25fitnesschallenge
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    DB6 wrote:
    I've decided to make a public commitment to getting back in to shape and here seems as good a place as any......

I turned 53 last week and I'm nowhere near in the shape I want to be in. Having been in good shape most of my adult life (I'm ex-military, I have worked as a fitness instructor and I qualified as a personal trainer 7 years ago) I know what I should be doing but allowed myself to fall victim to all of the excuses I know are bs......I've also had some personal struggles to contend with but the last few months have seen me doing next to nothing and I've had enough.

My current stats:

5'8" (172cm), 145 pounds (66kg), 19% body fat, 38" chest, 31" waist. Weedy arms, pretty poor strength and lacking cardiovascular fitness.

My goal is to be in decent Bond shape for the release of NTTD - and by all means hold me accountable. I'll also take a look at the #bond25fitnesschallenge

Excellent stuff - good luck, I know the feeling and I need to do the same - 4 months to NTTD
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 476MI6 Agent
    Nice commitment! I am sure you will succeed!
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent
    In the UK the Holland and Barrett Healthy Magazine for January (out now) has a kind of interview with Daniel Craig. Theres not a great deal of info there but does mention fartlek training and his daily nutritional plan. It also comes with four free nutritional samples all for £2.45 I think -{
    Yes. Considerably!
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    Hi DB6, Hope the worst of your troubles are behind you and good luck with NTTD challenge! :007)
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    DB6 wrote:

My current stats:

172 cm for 66kg.....not so bad Duncan, not so bad !!!
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:
    In the UK the Holland and Barrett Healthy Magazine for January (out now) has a kind of interview with Daniel Craig. Theres not a great deal of info there but does mention fartlek training and his daily nutritional plan. It also comes with four free nutritional samples all for £2.45 I think -{
    Could you please post that information?
    Thanks everyone, really appreciate your support!

I'm not sure what my target is in terms of numbers - drop some of the body fat and increase the lean muscle to look better in shirts I guess; feeling inspired by how DC looks in the Matera scenes :)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    DB6 wrote:

My current stats:

Good luck with the program -{

I also turned 53 last week…but that’s where our similar stats end :)) :#
    YNWA 97
    Thanks Sir Miles!

And a very happy birthday for last week - we are a fine vintage -{
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    DB6 wrote:
    Thanks Sir Miles!

And a very happy birthday for last week - we are a fine vintage -{

Indeed...here’s to us -{ :D
    YNWA 97
    1966 - a notable year for at least one reason in England and also between Thunderball and You Only Live Twice - rich pickings -{ -{