In what Bond film .......................

Comments

• Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
    OK, here goes:

In which James Bond film does Bond obliquely reference his CIA ally, Felix Leiter (without actually mentioning his name), even though he does not appear in said film?

Is it Moonraker when he's going through all of Holly goodhead's gadgets?
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,668MI6 Agent
    Yes, you are correct, Aston Martin DBS! Well done! :) -{

I even wrote an article about it in 2010:

http://thebondologistblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/oblique-reference-to-felix-leiter-in_5824.html
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    As it's been a while ........

In what Bond film do two Disney characters turn up ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    DAF, Bambi and Thumper.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    {[] Yes
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    As it's been a while :v ......

In what Bond film did a cousin of Ian Fleming play a part ?
    Do we see the oldest Bond girl ?
    Did a leading lady break a rib, in a fight ?

Lastly, what colour connects all three films ? :D
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Christopher Lee (Scaramanga in TMWTGG) is Fleming's cousin. Honour Blackman is the oldest Bond girl at 37. Famke Jansen broke a rib filming the hotel scene in Goldeneye. The colour Gold connects the three films.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    {[] Yes.
    " Sort of fill in the blanks, questions " :))

Fisher, Bray,
    , Scaramanga who should fill the blank space ? ;)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,506Chief of Staff
    Franks ?
    YNWA 97
    {[] yes, All names used by Bond. -{
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Don't forget Mr Van Bierk
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    :)) but these followed in order
    YOLT, OHMSS, DAF ( don't think he used an alias in LALD ) & TMWTGG. :D
    In what Bond film was there originally to be an Elephant stampede ?
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    That's a hard one! (Ooh err, missus).

Octopussy?
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Sadly not the one I'm thinking of, although one may have been
    scheduled for OP. :)
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Diamonds are forever? (Circus Circus)? :s
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Sorry, No :)
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    The Man With The Golden Gun
    {[] Yes, BT -{
    In fact on the DVD extras they even say they bought loads of special
    Elephant shoes, which were never used. :))
  • Walter P PeekayWalter P Peekay Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    This isn't a trivia question - it's a REAL question! In "Living Daylights", why does Bond take Kara to Vienna? I mean, why specifically Vienna? He could have taken her to a nice B+B in Swansea just to keep her out of the way, or maybe he just wanted to blow some of the ol' MI6 expense account... but STORY-WISE is there any reason?
    I think he needs help and wants to meet up with Saunders again for new passports etc.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,200Chief of Staff
    Don't know if this is the answer you're looking for, but Vienna was the location for "The Third Man" (Bond takes Kara on the same big wheel Holly Martins and Harry Lime have their famous chat on) and IIRC that was the first film TLD director John Glen worked on (Guy Hamilton was on it, too), so the use of Vienna was a homage to that classic movie.
    In what Bond film did Bond come up against his Youngest leading villain ?
    Is it Gustav Graves in DAD?
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Yes {[] the next youngest villain I think is Mr Big. :)
    In which James Bond movie does Bond warn that someone else might end up as something that Fleming's Bond loves to have for breakfast?
    As no one else has had a bite, I'll try.
    Is it the "plenty of time for someone to make Strawberry jam of him! " from TLD, as
    Bond likes a bit of strawberry jam on his toast ( as do I ;) ) :))
    Indeed it is TP, well done.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    In which James Bond Film does Bond see a big Octopus Ring?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger