Baron Boutique Skyfall replicas

007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
Has anybody ordered any of the Skyfall replicas that Baron Boutique currently offer? If so, thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated?

Skyfall navy peacoat: www.baronboutique.com/skyfall_navy_peacoat.html
Skyfall charcoal stripe suit: www.baronboutique.com/skyfall_suit.html
Skyfall gray sharkskin suit: www.baronboutique.com/skyfall_gray_suits.html
Things I hate:
1. People who hate things.
2. Irony.
3. Lists.

Comments

• James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    007 wrote:
    Has anybody ordered any of the Skyfall replicas that Baron Boutique currently offer? If so, thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated?

I bought both of the suits and I am very happy with both of them. The pinstripe is my favorite. Raj at the company is very easy to deal with. I am at work but I'll see if I can come up with some pictures to post.
    007 wrote:

I bought both of the suits and I am very happy with both of them. The pinstripe is my favorite. Raj at the company is very easy to deal with. I am at work but I'll see if I can come up with some pictures to post.
    Here is the sharkskin suit, not the best picture but I wanted to try it on after having it pressed. I know the pocket square is off, but I wasn't planning on posting it.

VIDEO0077_0000010317_1.jpg
    And here is the pinstripe suit.

IMAG0769_1.jpg

facebook_1312870190_20121113_085957_1.jpg
  • 007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
    Ah very nice. Thank you very much indeed.
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
  • SkyfellSkyfell Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    Thought I would resurrect this thread instead of creating a new one.

Has anyone ordered the Skyfall pea coat from Baron Boutique? I ordered one yesterday and was curious to know what others think of it.

Raj from BB was most helpful in answering all of my inquiries and given that other BB products have received great reviews on here, I'm feeling confident in my decision.

However, I would still like to hear the opinion of fans who've purchased this coat (if there are any).

Once I receive my order I will post a review with pictures.
  • MrIceGuyMrIceGuy AUSTRALIAPosts: 114MI6 Agent
    I would if gorn with Davids royal peacoat as they are spot on not to mention cheaper
    Can you provide a link MrIceGuy?

I tried Googling "David's royal peacoat" but couldn't find anything.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Skyfell wrote:

Search for:
    Dan Love
    Royale Film Wear

He's a member on this site and has posted so you can search for him also

I have his other two replica jackets from QoS and they are fantastic
  • JigenJigen Posts: 76MI6 Agent
    It's royale filmwear...founded by David Love

http://royalefilmwear.storenvy.com/
    Skyfell wrote:

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    edited November 2017
    I bought the Skyfall Peacoat and Quantum Harrington from Daniel. Both are quality pieces and dare I say SA as well. Great prices as well!
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    +1 value and quality spot on
    007 reporting for duty
    Thanks gentlemen.

Hopefully my BB pea coat will be as nice as promised. However, I think I will order a pair of the Skyfall swim trunks from David.
  • DanielCDanielC Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    Is BB still reliable? I've sent some emails the past two months but they haven't replied.
    Looking for a ROYALE Filmwear Talamone Shawl Collar Cardigan, size medium. Preferably in Europe, but the US would work as well. Feel free to send a PM!
  • Colonel PotterColonel Potter Posts: 44MI6 Agent
    DanielC wrote:
    Is BB still reliable? I've sent some emails the past two months but they haven't replied.

Daniel C - I also am interested as to whether Baron is still reliable. I am usually quite wary of these types of sites and have only ever ordered from Royale. (Yes, I’ll also plug for Daniel Love as he does a fantastic job!) However, I am very intrigued by the Quantum suit.

Any feedback anyone has would be most welcome. James Boldman - your review in ‘13 was great. Anything more recent would be much appreciated.

Daniel C - which item are you considering?
    The Skyfall peacoat. I know it's not even close to the BR but I like the fact that it reportedly is made of 14 oz 100% dark navy wool and has peak labels. Such a peacoat is very hard to find if you're looking to buy one of the rack.

I'd rather buy the Royale from Dan, but there are only large sizes left. I'm looking for a medium. I think anything bigger could be too big for my shoulders and hard for my tailor to fix.

(I realize the Royale is heavier, but it's a fair trade off given its lining and inner pocket)
    Looking for a ROYALE Filmwear Talamone Shawl Collar Cardigan, size medium. Preferably in Europe, but the US would work as well. Feel free to send a PM!
  • smirkingrevengesmirkingrevenge Posts: 150MI6 Agent
    Used baron Boutique since 2012. I have 2 Quantum suits from them and they're easily the nicest suits i've ever had. My father had his suit for my sisters wedding made there. I bought a shark skin Istanbul suit off ebay last year for £50 which fits me very well. 2 custom shirts, pocket squares and a midnight blue Mohair suit made and they've all been fantastic. Raj is lovely and easy to get info too. Speaks perfect English and double checks everything. If there is a technical communication problem, i'd try again as it may have been temporary. I can't speak highly enough of them. if you compare what you get to King and Allen or a suit that fits, for the price you can't go wrong.
    DanielC wrote:

Daniel C - I also am interested as to whether Baron is still reliable. I am usually quite wary of these types of sites and have only ever ordered from Royale. (Yes, I’ll also plug for Daniel Love as he does a fantastic job!) However, I am very intrigued by the Quantum suit.

Any feedback anyone has would be most welcome. James Boldman - your review in ‘13 was great. Anything more recent would be much appreciated.

I haven't bought anything from them since 2013, but I love the suits I bought and have had excellent service.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    yep I second what smirkingrevenge said , Raj is a pleasure to deal with and was so helpful.
    He made me a replica of the CR light blue linen shirt PTS shirt and a dark navy one from CR the one and only ocean club scene.
    Also made me the navy herringbone one from the end scene of skyfall , this was not advertised on his site but produced it brilliantly from emailed images.
    Before he took any payment he sent me swatches to choose from FOC , outstanding service and reliable.
    Not ordered anything now for 2 years , recommended
    007 reporting for duty
    yep I second what smirkingrevenge said , Raj is a pleasure to deal with and was so helpful.
    He made me a replica of the CR light blue linen shirt PTS shirt and a dark navy one from CR the one and only ocean club scene.
    Also made me the navy herringbone one from the end scene of skyfall , this was not advertised on his site but produced it brilliantly from emailed images.
    Before he took any payment he sent me swatches to choose from FOC , outstanding service and reliable.
    Not ordered anything now for 2 years , recommended

Thank you all for your feedback. I was initially concerned about the integrity of the site, but you have quelled my concerns. I look forward to receiving the final product.
    While I haven't posted in a while, I do lurk occasionally and came across this hread.

In 2015, I purchased the Bond peacoat from Baron Boutique. While Raj was very professional and consistent with answering my emails, I was not satisfied with the overall product or dealing with BB.

The first thing that went wrong was the delivery service (TNT, I think). They made several "attempts" to deliver the package to me but were unable to locate my apartment for some reason. I recall on the day I was expecting it to arrive, I was sitting by the window keeping an eye out for them. I saw their truck enter my apartment complex, do a lap then leave. Apparently, they made several tries over the next few days to drop it off but again, were unable to do so.

When I still hadn't received my coat after several days, I called TNT directly and complained. The person I spoke with was very sympathetic and stated the issue would be rectified. Well, they still couldn't find my apartment, handed the package off to USPS and they finally delivered it.

As for the coat itself, while it is screen-accurate in features it's not well made. The fabric feels thin and not sturdy at all (a peacoat from Target has better feel). The front buttons have come loose and I debated on taking it to a local dry cleaner to have them repaired but have since just given up on the coat. The stitching for the inner lining also ripped in multiple places. I had that repaired once but decided not to bother with it after further tears.

Lastly and most importantly, the coat does a horrible job of keeping me warm. Honestly, I feel like I flushed $400 down the drain after dealing with them. I have recently decided to just save up for the real thing (unless someone can suggest a more cost-effective alternative).

I don't mean to sound like a troll as I post infrequently but I just had to share my experience after reading the praise for BB. I will try to post pictures within the next couple of days. And no, I didn't contact BB as I was put off by the whole delivery process. Maybe for a costume piece, it's a good idea but I can't suggest them for real-life winter wear.
    Skyfell wrote:
    TEXT

That is some informative feedback! Most valuable!

The peacoat is only 14 oz so I'd assume it wouldn't be of much use if temperature gets below FP. Of course, if the quality of the wool is poor it's a quite different matter. What material did the inner lining consist of? By the way, horrible to hear about the stitching. Sounds like awful workmanship.

Reading this thread I was surprised of all the praise since people had reported mixed experiences on other fora.

Once again, thank you, Skyfell!
    Here are the pictures of my BB peacoat. I've included shots of how the coat looks on me as well as the tears on the inner lining. Not sure what type of material the lining is made of but it feels like a satin-type of material.
    back.jpg

button.jpg

inside.jpg

left_shoulder.jpg

right_shoulder.jpg

WP_20161211_17_00_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20161211_17_08_38_Pro.jpg
    I have to take back what I said earlier. I did receive a reply from BB but apparently it went straight to my junk folder. I have to switch to Gmail as Hotmail isn't very good at determining spam.
    Dear All,

I received my Baron Boutique Quantum suit and couldn’t be more pleased. Raj was indeed s pleasure to work with and he was incredibly attentive to all of my concerns.

I wore the suit for the first time last night to a gala and received many compliments. I recommend Baron Boutique enthusiastically!!

Thank you all for the guidance!!

07493487-1_E98-4_BB3-82_C0-8_DB7_B974_FDA0.jpg

56_BC7_ADC-_C54_B-405_E-8_CC4-0965215_E8952.jpg
  • coop5150coop5150 Posts: 122MI6 Agent

Has anyone purchased a Baron suit within recent years? I really want an Instanbul suit. I know someone posted a pic of their’s a while ago, I’d love to see any more pictures if anyone has them!

I bought both Skyfall suits from them when that movie came out. Both suits are fine, but I would highly recommend buying an Anthony Sinclair conduit cut suit from Mason & Sons. They quality is so much better. I wish I knew that before I bought replica suits from both Magnoli and Baron Boutique.

• coop5150coop5150 Posts: 122MI6 Agent

How accurate are they compared to the real Tom Ford?