M's possible survival

Now, first of all, i know the creator of the movie, and Dame Judi Dench herself has said the character was killed off, but there is one scene that makes me speculate. During 007's first meeting with Mallory, Mallory goes on to say something like "Why come back from the dead? Its the perfect escape for a field agent, as not many get a clean cut from this life"

Hopeful as i am, and a forever romantic when it comes to such things, i hope, and i stress -hope- that M really did survive the encounter at Skyfall, and was declared dead, because she knew her time had come to step down, and dying is the easiest way to disappear, and protect against other rogue agents such as Silva, that might want to do her harm, from her past missions and assignements. Anyhow, just wanted to share this thought!

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    Nice thought...one that hasn't flickered across my mind before (short journey though that would be)...but its not for me...she's dead...and for the exact reason that - and it pains me to say it :p - Napoleon Plural gives in the 'Despite it all, Skyfall is a great movie' thread.

Welcome to AJB, btw -{
    YNWA 97
  • BurzhillionBurzhillion Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Thanks, it just a thought that struck me while watching Skyfall yet again last night!
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    It's a very interesting thought - I like it!
    I don't think it's true though, I do think she's dead - but I still like your thinking!
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    I do think that would be interesting, if it were a sort of witness protection declaration. That said, I don't think they expect the audience to be that clever and I don't think they are looking for any ways to include Judi Dench cameos in the future, so for all official purposes, I think she really is dead in the storyline.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent
    edited August 2013
    Eh? Namechecked by Sir Miles? What was my reason? ?:)

Edit: Oh yes, about the subtext in the narrative.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    Eh? Namechecked by Sir Miles? What was my reason? ?:)

Edit: Oh yes, about the subtext in the narrative.

Yes...I know...it shocked me too :o :))
    YNWA 97
  • StawazStawaz CanadaPosts: 101MI6 Agent
    I like the idea, and I think it's a hopeful sign of "She will retire now and live somewhere nice and nobody will ever see her again", but unfortunately, I think she kicked the bucket in Skyfall.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Bond's tears ? She's Dead! ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • DutchJamesBondFanDutchJamesBondFan the NetherlandsPosts: 414MI6 Agent
    Why would she left Bond her dog if she wasn't dead?
    Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Why would she left Bond her dog if she wasn't dead?

To annoy him! :D