GoldenEye N64

What can be said about this game that hasn't already been said a ton of times? Such a timeless classic that helped prove that the first person shooter genre on consoles could work. Some games after, both 007; such as The World is Not Enough N64, developed by Eurocom (PS1 was done by someone else) and Nightfire and other games such as Perfect Dark, Timesplitters among others took this and grew the idea into so many different ways, some good and some bad. (Note that both Perfect Dark and Timespitters were done by the same team but in different studios, PD was Rare and Timesplitters was done by Free Radical Design, now Crytek(?) (Note 2: Rare was offered to do Tomorrow Never Dies too, but declined as they felt to restricted by a movie franchise, so they came up with Perfect Dark similar in many ways but free from the constrains of the Bond franchise)

I had already been fairly (fairly being used lightly) familiar with the genre on PC with games like Duke Nukem 3D and Chex Quest, still the only video game to be included in a box of cereal, that I'm aware of, :), but once I had played GoldenEye on the N64 I was sold on them for consoles much, much more than PCs. But it did something else for me too, it introduced me to the world of James Bond, I had never really given the Bond franchise a second look until GoldenEye N64, but now I've seen and own all of the movies, I would love to get them on one format! I always look forward to a Bond Marathon to come on TV too. Like this past February, the Reelz channel aired a lot of them.

My question is how many people on this site became a fan via GoldenEye for the Nintendo 64? How has that influenced the movies you like in the franchise?
1, GE 2, CR 3, SF 4, TWINE 5, Spectre 6, TMWTGG 7, DAD 8, LALD 9, AVTAK 10, LTK 11, Octopussy 12, Moonraker 13, TLD 14, GF 15, QOS 16, Tomorrow 17, FYEO 18. TSWLM Not seen much: Dr. No, Russia, Thunderball, Twice, Majesty.

1: Brosnan 2: Craig 3: Moore 4: Dalton 5: Connery and 6: Lazenby