Bond's watch in SPECTRE

Comments

• InternationalExportsInternationalExports Posts: 269MI6 Agent
    Possibly Awilliams007, but its the return of a classic and I reckon Omega force the issue. All indication so far of an action packed film, I think it will need to be a pretty sturdy piece; so unless their is a new PO under wraps I reckon this will be the Bond 24 watch. Time will tell, excuse the pun! :)) :))
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Possibly Awilliams007, but its the return of a classic and I reckon Omega force the issue. All indication so far of an action packed film, I think it will need to be a pretty sturdy piece; so unless their is a new PO under wraps I reckon this will be the Bond 24 watch. Time will tell, excuse the pun! :)) :))

I do like the watch. Personally I don't think it'll suit bond. Sales would go through the roof!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Possibly Awilliams007, but its the return of a classic and I reckon Omega force the issue.

Omega have no real say in what appears on screen. They just show examples of what is available/suitable for the role.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    omega's product placement deal is worth mega bucks, they tend to work with production on models and colours. Omega are really pushing the 300. There is a reason there is massive Omega poster in the London Underground scenes in Skyfall and the obvious shot of Dan's wrist of the PO while in the job in Istanbul. I think they get their say on what product they wish to push, but don't doubt they produce something to compliment what's being worn. My local Omega dealer has said the rework 300 has the biggest advertising budget of any model yet, it's a piece they are very excited about.
    Of course they use their ads in the film and have big wrists shots and product placement, that is what they pay for. But they have no say on which of their watches are seen on Bond's wrist. That is down to the production only. They can only put forward recommendations. In Skyfall they produced a hybrid PO that was required by the production, but was never released publicly. Omega pay for their watches to be used, but what goes on Bond's wrist has very little to do with them.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Of course they use their ads in the film and have big wrists shots and product placement, that is what they pay for. But they have no say on which of their watches are seen on Bond's wrist. That is down to the production only. They can only put forward recommendations. In Skyfall they produced a hybrid PO that was required by the production, but was never released publicly. Omega pay for their watches to be used, but what goes on Bond's wrist has very little to do with them.

I believe DC chose the AT himself for skyfall. That being said potentially an AT in bond 24
    Asp9mm wrote:

I believe DC chose the AT himself for skyfall. That being said potentially an AT in bond 24

Yeah, but he also wore PO in Skyfall in Istanbul.
    As far as I'm aware from my better half's contacts she still has in the upper echelons of Omega, the AT was never supposed to be the watch worn in the film and the go ahead for marketing, tie ins and promo's was just on the PO. Although they used a titanium one in the film at the request of the production company as it was lighter, but never available in this configuration for sale to the public. The use of the AT was very last minute, and resulted in no official tie in or advertising even though it was the more prominent watch.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Well that makes perfect sense as indeed all the promo material was indeed for the PO
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Well that makes perfect sense as indeed all the promo material was indeed for the PO

Despite it not being the skyfall watch to start with. Given the success of the AT, sales through the film and it actually looking good in the film. Do you think this opens the door for omega to push the AT as the bond 24 watch?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Despite it not being the skyfall watch to start with. Given the success of the AT, sales through the film and it actually looking good in the film. Do you think this opens the door for omega to push the AT as the bond 24 watch?

It seems DC or EON have a lot of power also (There was rumours that DC chose the AT at the time). Prob why there are two watches in the movie. Im sure we will know soon enough, if I was you I would hold off on any purchase for a few months if your still after a Bond Omega. Im sure we will see on set pics of his wrist soon :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

Yeah, but he also wore PO in Skyfall in Istanbul.

But if you blinked you missed it.... Or you would have if you blink for about 10 seconds at a time :))
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    The words "Faraday cage" are present and correct on the Bremont website. Sadly!
    1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

It was certainly some small mammal or bird that made off with it.

You should speak from your paid pickups or one-night-stands in a more respectful way. :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    No I laughed because your Sub was stolen by a bird when you showered with another boy next door :)) :)) :))

Glad that we sorted that out. The next door was false and the rest was true! :))

Nope, it was on top of my bergen underneath my tarp. About 5m away. There are no 'next doors' in a Tanzanian desert :))

It was certainly some small mammal or bird that made off with it. Although there was one German amongst the expedition, but he was too busy washing his only pair of underpants he took with him on a 7 week trek :o
    Enough of your nonsense, go back cruising... back on topic.

This...

23330412101001-20.png

on this...

031ZSZ002044-20.png

Would be cool.
    No I laughed because your Sub was stolen by a bird when you showered with another boy next door :)) :)) :))

Higgins wrote:
    No I laughed because your Sub was stolen when you showered with another boy next door :)) :)) :))

I recall the former happening, but the latter definitely comes from the weird imagination of YOU :o
    Hey- that accent speaks for itself :))

So the watch was not next door? Huh! :D

I only have four of them now.

....and when I wore my Comex Sub in the desert, who moaned about it 8-)
    edited November 2014
    .... in other words: less personality and balls.

Real guys wear Subs and you know it :D

Only from your twisted perspective. Those less brash and less egotistical recognise the subtle qualities of the AT and Explorer :)
    edited November 2014
    ..... so now you have 2 grandpa watches on your scottish girlie-wrists? :v

I've checked the emails and you where all over them and your supposedly great taste X-(
    THAT WAS YOU!

Though you've gotten and sold that Sub - big mistake - and not the AT, I'll give you that!

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    :)) :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Yeah, go on. Find one where I bought a SkyFall AT and I'll send you one for free :))

SKYFALLAT_zpseb30f6ab.jpg
    how come it was last minute?

It was last minute from Omega's POV. No idea.
    Asp9mm wrote:

That wasn't me you idiot.
    iRYSolMOr9pSu.gif

I bought one just this week :))

Should I quote from your silly emails from back then?
    iPuZO3gndyywL.gif