The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    Enjoy your trip and coke! It's been a while since I've been in an airport. In Norway you'd have a reasonable chance of spotting a sexy lady, but she probably wouldn't be in distress :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sadly this trip is strictly business ;) after an odd year
    Of changing companies, my original one. Asked me
    To come back ( it's nice to be wanted ) ...... but it means
    Having to do this course again, which will teach me to
    Do what I've already been doing for nearly four years ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    {[] All's well that ends well.
    Well, it's not uncommon for people your age to forget stuff ……. :v
    .... :# ....
    Even more unfortunate: It's not uncommon for men my age living in this house to forget a lot too ……. :# :))
    I'm in a Travelodge room, lying on the
    Bed in my pants, eating pizza, drinking coke
    and watching " would I lie to you " on the
    TV, ........ Life doesn't get any better :D later
    I might watch Bangkok ladyboys 3 , then
    Argue with reception I'd watched it by accident.
    ( just like Alan Partridge ) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    But that's pretty much a normal visit to SABS for you ………. I tell a lie - there's no bed here. :))
    I might watch Bangkok ladyboys 3 , then
    Argue with reception I'd watched it by accident.
    ( just like Alan Partridge ) :))

:)) :)) :))
    Hi. I'd like to complain a bit, then perhaps nag a bit before I complain some more. Mainly about the weather. It's early January and it's raining cats and dogs! I don't know if I've ever mentioned what country I'm from ( :v ), but this was not in the brochure. I understand this is the standard weather in the autumn, but in January it's supposed to be snowy and so cold enough to film the live action version of Frozen. X-(

Now I feel much better. :)
    A very cold Coke Zero, please? Plenty of ice, of course.
    edited January 2020
    I've just been informed that the English word gift is related to the Norwegian word gift (meaning "married") and the Norwegian word gift (meaning "poison"). I leave it to the forum to speculate on how. :))
    Just watched a very interesting documentary on YouTube about the Russian and American
    rivals for Concorde. The Russian one had a couple of crashes and was scrapped, The
    American was so complicated with wings which swept back to form a Delta wing, that it
    became too heavy and too expensive, so Boeing went for its back up, stop gap replacement
    the Jumbo jet 747.
    Number24 wrote:
    I've just been informed that the English word gift is related to the Norwegian word gift (meaning "married") and the Norwegian word gift (meaning "poison"). I leave it to the forum to speculate on how. :))

I think I've seen the same documentary as you did, TP. Have you applied your brilliantly active mind to this mystery? :D
    Reminds me of the old joke about what a Bride thinks on entering a church on her wedding, from
    the first things she sees and hears ....... ..... " Isle, Alter, Hymn " ;) or I'll Alter Him
    :))
    Just a quick update on my Casio DW 290 ( Mission Impossible watch ) on the 28th of December
    I set it to the correct UK time ( to the second ) and today I checked the time on display to a web
    page giving the correct UK time...... it was spot on not a second out -{ and all for £25 :D
    Volda is a municipality as close to my heart as only a municipality can get. Volda just got a new crest and for some reason national media has picked up on it. They say it looks feminine to them. I don't get it, what's so feminine about the nib of a pen and two blades from a scythe? (you have no idea how much I had to google to to translate that sentence into English :)) )

Uten-navn-1.png?fit=700%2C394&ssl=1
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    it looks like a vagina
    this was my first thought before I even read the text
    You may be on to something …… :))
    Actually the nib of the pen (the part that looks like a vagina) has been the crest of Volda for decades. I remember jokes about it the 90's. I think the blades look like hips and make the simularities so obvious even the rest of the country cought on. :v
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    edited January 2020
    Noi wrote:
    it looks like a vagina
    this was my first thought before I even read the text

I saw the logo and thought that it looked a bit suspicious :v then i saw your comment and was relieved too see i am not the only one :)) Reminds me of that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where Marie makes that sculpture that looked funny. Everyone told her what it looked like but she couldn't see it.
    I know where you keep your gun!
    You're absolutely not the only ones :D
    I remember back when the old crest with only the nib* there when locals were joking that the crest should be called "Samantha" (Fox). :))
    I guess the municiplas thought every joke had already been and the new crest wouldn't be noticed by more people. Boy (or ... girl) were they wrong ….

* ('nib' sounds a bit like "nebb", meaning "beak" in Norwegian. Could there be a link? It just occured to me)
    Number24 wrote:
    You're absolutely not the only ones :D
    I remember back when the old crest with only the nib* there when locals were joking that the crest should be called "Samantha" (Fox). :))
    I guess the municiplas thought every joke had already been and the new crest wouldn't be noticed by more people. Boy (or ... girl) were they wrong ….

* ('nib' sounds a bit like "nebb", meaning "beak" in Norwegian. Could there be a link? It just occured to me)

I was right!

https://www.etymonline.com/word/nib#etymonline_v_6914
    edited February 2020
    I'm here to raise a glass to Brexit -{
    I understand the major effects won't kick in until next year, but Brexit has happened, I'm not looking for a discussion about it here (I understand this has been done before in AJB and elsewhere), I just want to mark the occation.
    I had a drink watching some of the people celebrating outside Parliament.
    It must have been quite a sight!
    I just came up with the best theory yet of how Brexit came to happen. I can't say everything makes sense now, I guess it never will, but it explains a lot …..

68317306-1.jpg
    David Cameron will go down in history as one of the biggest tossers in Britain.
    Calling a referendum and when it didn't go his way, ..... He abandoned his post.
    Washed his hands of the problem and moved in to his shed to write his autobiography. X-(
    And look at Pig pictures on the internet .
    edited February 2020
    I agree with your first sentence about Cameron, but I think he had to step down when he did. A head of government can't push for the remain side so heavily and stay in power, not after losing on such an important issue. But I fear we can't continue this discussion here in SABS for much longer. You never know if any of the Moderators will be awake/sober at this time :D
    :))
    I overheard a discussion in a hotel lobby recently. Where a stranger joined a small group
    of people, to join in the conversation. Which he skilfully directed on to the subjects of
    Politics and Religion ...... it ended as I and I sure many others would imagine,..... one
    big argument. I do love people watching. :D
    Number24 wrote:
    I agree with your first sentence about Cameron, but I think he had to step down when he did. A head of government can't push for the remain side so heavily and stay in power, not after losing on such an important issue. But I fear we can't continue this discussion here in SABS for much longer. You never know if any of the Moderators will be awake/sober at this time :D

Alas, I am both. :#

A Scotsman, Englishman and Irishman are in a bar. The Englishman wants to leave, so the other two have to go as well.