Tom Ford back at it again in Bond 24

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Thanks for the summary Matt.

For a min there when I saw the pic where he is off the boat, I thought might have been a tab collar!!

The collar is mostly obscured by the scarf, but there is one photo that shows a collar point, and the collar is too wide to be a tab collar.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • AngusrRossAngusrRoss ScotlandPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    Pleased to see they have gone for a slightly less severe haircut. Are the sunglasses hes wearing Tom Ford Henrys http://www.tomford.com/henry-vintage-wayfarer-sunglasses/FT0248.html? Will these be the glasses used for the film or just Craig's personal pair he wears between filming?
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Looks like a Tom Ford Coat again, with the details, Dents Gloves again too.
    Ross
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Those gloves look a good deal thicker than the SF gloves. Looking forward to more details on the coat. Any scarf knot tutorials also welcome. :D
    Think it's the lined dents gloves
    Ross

image.jpg
  • JBT0077JBT0077 GermanyPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    There are Spectre photos: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2874348/Daniel-Craig-James-Bond-mode-flies-Thames-speed-boat-Rory-Kinnear.html

He's wearing a classic charcoal chesterfield coat with a fly front and velvet collar and a navy scarf. His suit is a navy narrow pinstripe and the sky blue shirt has a spread collar. The coat fits well but I hope the suit does too. The spread collar is certainly an improvement over the tab collars in Skyfall.

The suit looks for me more like a gray pinstripe.
    BTW a guide to tie the knot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BR68BxiY64
  • screenamescreename Posts: 388MI6 Agent
    I'm not an expert on those watches, but it looks to me as if the Aqua Terra isn't making an appearance here. Anyone else agree/disagree?
  • screenamescreename Posts: 388MI6 Agent
    Ross

image.jpg
    \

haha! I just bought the wrong ones then!
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    No clear pic of the tie! I bet there are Spectre ties on ebay right now. But we just don't know which ones they are yet.
    Correct me if I am wrong but it that not the jacket from the last film, looking at all the details it appears to me certainly it could be the same one.
    The jacket has a slight navy colour to it in some lights, it has the large front buttons and the three buttons on the sleeve.
    Please correct me if I am wrong and I don't think that coat was cut up and sent out on the collectors material cards.
    Ross
    JBT0077 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    There are Spectre photos: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2874348/Daniel-Craig-James-Bond-mode-flies-Thames-speed-boat-Rory-Kinnear.html

He's wearing a classic charcoal chesterfield coat with a fly front and velvet collar and a navy scarf. His suit is a navy narrow pinstripe and the sky blue shirt has a spread collar. The coat fits well but I hope the suit does too. The spread collar is certainly an improvement over the tab collars in Skyfall.

The suit looks for me more like a gray pinstripe.
    BTW a guide to tie the knot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BR68BxiY64

You are correct on the suit colour. I was thinking when I was typing. :s
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    edited December 2014
    Correct me if I am wrong but it that not the jacket from the last film, looking at all the details it appears to me certainly it could be the same one.
    The jacket has a slight navy colour to it in some lights, it has the large front buttons and the three buttons on the sleeve.
    Please correct me if I am wrong and I don't think that coat was cut up and sent out on the collectors material cards.
    Ross

Similar, but not the same - Matt S has it right in that it's a Chesterfield; the main visual differences to the Skyfall TF coat, being the fly front and velvet collar. Looks a touch longer in length and the lapels aren't 'rolled' to the second button quite as much as the screen worn Skyfall coat (if not the shop available one).
    Not totally sure on the colour yet, but happy to accept that it might well be charcoal, rather than navy?
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    screename wrote:
    I'm not an expert on those watches, but it looks to me as if the Aqua Terra isn't making an appearance here. Anyone else agree/disagree?

I've found a few images and posted them in the bond 24 watch thread. I can't make it out, I'm thinking either the 41mm master coaxial AT. Or the new plant ocean GMT. could be way off! Maybe one of the watch experts could help?
    Ross

It's a completely different coat. The new coat is a chesterfield and has a velvet collar and a fly front.

This is not the same overcoat as in Skyfall.
  • RAINbowTRAILRAINbowTRAIL AmsterdamPosts: 77MI6 Agent
    The coat looks very similar to the dark navy National Gallery coat indeed, except for the fry front. But the model/cut of the coat, the three buttons on the sleeve, same (over)sized buttons on the front and pockets are exactly the same. It does not look to be a chesterfield, its only the lighting on the direction of the cloth, just like the SF one, for example http://www.ecartelera.com/noticias/9395/daniel-craig-rueda-londres-skyfall/.

Quite the same, except for one detail on the front. I stick with the skyfall one :007)
    The coat looks very similar to the dark navy National Gallery coat indeed, except for the fry front. But the model/cut of the coat, the three buttons on the sleeve, same (over)sized buttons on the front and pockets are exactly the same. It does not look to be a chesterfield, its only the lighting on the direction of the cloth, just like the SF one, for example http://www.ecartelera.com/noticias/9395/daniel-craig-rueda-londres-skyfall/.

Quite the same, except for one detail on the front. I stick with the skyfall one :007)

The effect on the collar of the Spectre coat is much different than in that Skyfall photo. There is more contrast. Not only does the colour look different, but so does the texture. And it has the velvet look in pictures from both the front and the back. I'm quite certain this time it's a velvet collar. For a city coat, fly front wins every time for me, so I already like the Spectre coat better.
    Could be... I will have to see (and feel it). If its velvet a classical chesterfield is nice for SPECTRE, like the double-breasted from Live and Let die. All time favourite -{ .
  • FlightyFlighty Southampton , EnglandPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    screename wrote:
    Ross

image.jpg
    \

haha! I just bought the wrong ones then!

I could be wrong but I think they are the touch screen tech gloves, it would make sense and a great tie in for new tech.

http://www.dents.co.uk/shop/mens-gloves/5-9201-touchscreen-technology-leather-gloves/
    Last rat standing.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    AngusrRoss wrote:
    Pleased to see they have gone for a slightly less severe haircut. Are the sunglasses hes wearing Tom Ford Henrys http://www.tomford.com/henry-vintage-wayfarer-sunglasses/FT0248.html? Will these be the glasses used for the film or just Craig's personal pair he wears between filming?

They look close for sure but I don't think they are the Henry's.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • captain kellcaptain kell BrazilPosts: 18MI6 Agent
    The coat could be a Crombie
    The Dr Who vibe? Just with the SerLOCK connection, do we want to go there?
  • PhoenixPhoenix Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Just in case anyone is still looking for the Mango jacket. It is in their sale for 39.99 with free UK postage and packing
  • UltimateTruthUltimateTruth Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    JMac88 wrote:
    The Toyota 2000 from YOLT, or the lounge chair that Bond plops onto after the trap door slide (also from YOLT)
    Bond's father's hunting gun from SF

Yeah mate, I see what you mean.
    HA Ha........Yeah.............I posted in the wrong thread ( regarding Bond items from the films that you would like to have...I thought the mods would move my post..........)
  • UltimateTruthUltimateTruth Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    Guys forget the jacket for a minute, did anyone else spot the new TF Sunglasses hes wearing I dont remeber seeing those before! wouldnt suprise me if these make the film with a darker lense. :))

Those are his trademark "Infinity" aviators which I'm guessing started showing up in 2007. A few years back I found a pair at a Neiman Marcus outlet outside of Vegas for only $188.00. I thought they were very cool, but when I tried them on, I just didn't think they looked good on me, so I didn't purchase them. A day later, I was in the Tom Ford store at Crystals Vegas and I told the salesman about my find....He said"You should have got them.......people are constantly coming in and asking about them..!"
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    edited December 2014
    If anyone will be looking for a very cheap alternative to the rumored Spectre Tom Ford jacket, I've got my New Yorker jacket for sale in XXL. It's just a tad too big for me, it's in excellent condition, the collar is detachable. The company itself is well known in Europe, the same level as H&M but I would say that their quality is a little bit better. Here are some pictures:

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

Happy to sell it for 10$ + shipment (if the shipping will be to high, I might sell it even for 5$).
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Similar, but not the same.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Holden wrote:
    Similar, but not the same.

Oh ok, my bad then! :)
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    I actually prefer the jacket that's on ebay. I prefer pockets that can be fastened.

Honestly, I'd like to see the Mango jacket made out of the TF fabric.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    edited January 2015
    I popped back to Tom Ford this morning, and took a few photos of the jacket without the shearling collar on:

Blair

Im guessing this was the outfit actually filmed yesterday (hopefully without the life jacket :D )

Is that the TF with the collar Shearling collar detached ? Looks navy

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/07/2477B88A00000578-0-image-a-1_1420620326322.jpg
    Instagram - bondclothes007