Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    JV Racer already gone again in M and S...

I have an original M (brand new with tags n tissue) that Im thinking about letting go. PM if you are after a M and pref in UK
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    I just want to echo some of the earlier comments in regards to John Varbatos' online customer service. I placed an order last Wednesday for a non bond jacket I found after checking stock on the suede racer jacket. I received an email on Friday informing me that they cancelled my order because they do not ship to PO boxes, which wasn't explained before I checked out with PayPal. I would have given another address if they had contacted me, but they didn't. I replied to the email letting them know that I could have provided another address, no response.

Meanwhile my funds have been tied up for the last five days. I would have been able to get in on some more Black Friday/cyber Monday deals if I would have avoided their online store like the earlier posts warned.

I still will probably end up going for the Suede Racer jacket but probably through M2M sales.
  • TeenageBondTeenageBond London, UKPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    I just want to echo some of the earlier comments in regards to John Varbatos' online customer service. I placed an order last Wednesday for a non bond jacket I found after checking stock on the suede racer jacket. I received an email on Friday informing me that they cancelled my order because they do not ship to PO boxes, which wasn't explained before I checked out with PayPal. I would have given another address if they had contacted me, but they didn't. I replied to the email letting them know that I could have provided another address, no response.

Meanwhile my funds have been tied up for the last five days. I would have been able to get in on some more Black Friday/cyber Monday deals if I would have avoided their online store like the earlier posts warned.

I still will probably end up going for the Suede Racer jacket but probably through M2M sales.

Yeah. I'm planning to get mine from Harrods or Selfridges if any pop up. Although I'm currently focusing on the morocco outfits; To be ready for next summer! :007)
    If anyone is around or in London, take a look at this:

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47030/james-bond-uklondon-fan-club-idea/
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I received my OB Morton in Sphere today. Upon opening the box, I immediately noticed the more pronounced chambray texture, as well as the sky color and matching buttons. I think this is definitely a contender for the Moroccan train shirt as it "ticks" many of the boxes, particularly the visible texture which I remember seeing quite clearly in the few shots in which we see the shirt. But I'll let you weigh in with your thoughts...

OB%20Morton%20Sphere%201R.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig
    DBS wrote:
    I received my OB Morton in Sphere today. Upon opening the box, I immediately noticed the more pronounced chambray texture, as well as the sky color and matching buttons. I think this is definitely a contender for the Moroccan train shirt as it "ticks" many of the boxes, particularly the visible texture which I remember seeing quite clearly in the few shots in which we see the shirt. But I'll let you weigh in with your thoughts...

OB%20Morton%20Sphere%201R.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig

This has been a great help .Thanks. :007)
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    Looking at the pictures, my bet is still on the Marlone shirt... 99.9%
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    Yep....defo didn't see this shirt in the film. Think if it's OB at All it's the Malone.
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The Solden beanie from Acne Studios
    image.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Is that black or just the lighting i.e. navy??
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Now let's see a pic of the beanie with the Fumo Grey N Peal and Dior jacket... :007)

Kind regards,
    Craig
    It's navy
    The Mantis wrote:
    It's navy

I got the same - presumed it was Navy to match jacket however somebody debated possiblity black and I found it hard to tell from the stills :)
  • KMHPaladinKMHPaladin Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Maybe take a break from Brunello belts, OB shirts, and Dior jackets to look at Spectre and Crockett & Jones...interview at the flagship store... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XMuI8Eobn4&feature=youtu.be
    seems the video has been removed?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    KMHPaladin wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    Maybe take a break from Brunello belts, OB shirts, and Dior jackets to look at Spectre and Crockett & Jones...interview at the flagship store... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XMuI8Eobn4&feature=youtu.be
    seems the video has been removed?

David posted in another thread that he's working to clean up the audio. I welcome that. I had to shut the video off less than half way through due to the audio.
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    I also got the beanie in navy a couple days ago. Weather's been mild, so no field testing yet, but it's quite soft and a very nice idea for harsh climates. Will put it to good use this Winter.

AND... TF Marbella sent all 5 Spectre ties after I jumped the fence on them (no bowtie for the time being, thanks) and I couldn't be happier. All 3 shades of blue provide nice alternatives for the different blue suits, both in the film and in my wardrobe. The solid grey one is quite slick too. But the crown jewel must be the Rome black-on-black: verily a thing of beauty, nicely textured and with a rich pattern, easily matchable not only with the dark suit Bond wears, but with almost any tone of gray. Definitely a great addition as a whole.

Underside is, I'm afraid I've reached my limit budgetwise, so any further spendings will need to wait till January (eyeing some N Peal cardis and a pair of either C&J or Church's). Ah, not a cheap hobby.
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
    Underside is, I'm afraid I've reached my limit budgetwise, so any further spendings will need to wait till January (eyeing some N Peal cardis and a pair of either C&J or Church's). Ah, not a cheap hobby.

Yeah. I feel I'm in a similar situation. :#
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    Looking at the pictures, my bet is still on the Marlone shirt... 99.9%

Is there any way of asking Jany Temime using our contact person? She did not seem to give much away from her response last time which was disappointing. Maybe she is not allowed to disclose details.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    do we have a link to get the SA one , thanks
    welshboy78 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    It's navy

I got the same - presumed it was Navy to match jacket however somebody debated possiblity black and I found it hard to tell from the stills :)
    007 reporting for duty
    This is the one we believe it is...Acne was the brand confirmed by the costume assistant when NPEAL asked what brand of hat they used in the movie...NPEAL was checking to see since so many people were asking if it was a NPEAL...all we heard in response was Acne beanie... The below link has the Miles which hasn't really changed in form and function for many moons...http://www.matchesfashion.com/us/products/Acne-Studios-Miles-ribbed-knit-wool-beanie-hat-1020590

Many people ordered the Miles including myself but as always no style has been 100% confirmed and probably never will be.
    I jumped on this beanie a long time ago as it seemed to match and nothing else did. Only doubt I had was the small trim however this could have been stitched over maybe?? or simply not visible without HD / blu ray etc.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Thought as much , That will do just fine , 1 day Jany might just reveal all but I'm not holding my breath.
    thanks mantis
    The Mantis wrote:
    This is the one we believe it is...Acne was the brand confirmed by the costume assistant when NPEAL asked what brand of hat they used in the movie...NPEAL was checking to see since so many people were asking if it was a NPEAL...all we heard in response was Acne beanie... The below link has the Miles which hasn't really changed in form and function for many moons...http://www.matchesfashion.com/us/products/Acne-Studios-Miles-ribbed-knit-wool-beanie-hat-1020590

Many people ordered the Miles including myself but as always no style has been 100% confirmed and probably never will be.
    007 reporting for duty
    The Mantis wrote:

Thanks for this. :)

Been hunting for a few weeks now but with no luck.
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    I've been a fan of Acne's products since I was first turned on to them through our forum via the Wall Street trousers. I tend to wait for sales at Mr. Porter before picking up anything from them though. I really do like the beanie, but for the price I feel I can do better. N. Peal's Ribbed Knit beanie is around $86 US without VAT and it's cashmere. If it wears anything like my other N. Peal beanie, less cone like, I think it will flatter more head shapes as well.
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    Couldn't be happier about the Banana Republic "Solden" Jacket budget alternative. Currently 50% off in stores. I paid around $87.50. This is a large and fits pretty true to size. The medium was a bit too tight.
    image.jpg
  • Bond H. BondBond H. Bond Cal USAPosts: 36MI6 Agent
    drum007 wrote:
    Couldn't be happier about the Banana Republic "Solden" Jacket budget alternative. Currently 50% off in stores. I paid around $87.50. This is a large and fits pretty true to size. The medium was a bit too tight.
    image.jpg

That looks great! Someone at BR must've been watching Spectre trailers during the design phase. :p

I ordered one during the cyber monday sale for 40% off but I think I'll pick this up sooner in store and return the mail order and save the extra.

Just off hand, does anyone know if Banana Republic does price matching for in store prices vs online?
    The name is Bond, Hydrogen Bond....
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • Obi Sean KenobiObi Sean Kenobi Posts: 215MI6 Agent
    drum007 wrote:
    image.jpg

I'm genuinely curious if a tailor could remove the nylon windbreaker fabric from the collar of the BR jacket.

I got one today and you can feel the ribbed collar underneath the nylon.

Anyone want to try?
    BR Jacket looks great I think. And it fit you better than me my Moncler which I should should have bought in L and not in M which is a bit tight for me. At least at the moment. As I have SuperNatural Solden and a Moncler Solden. I cannot get another on from BR or I will have a Solden Jacket collection. Enough is enough. :))
    The Mantis wrote:

Great find David! Just placed my order ... Not cheap, but I like the brand and if it is really SA... I am happy. It will go very well with my NEXT Mr White jacket budget version.