Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    I took that to refer to the Solden jacket/quilted zipped top?
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    I took that to refer to the Solden jacket/quilted zipped top?

I agree. As he only wears the TF Solden jacket with the ski pants.
  • ebiwantonebiwanton Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    In that photo shoot apparently they are Danner Quarry GTX 8 boots.

In the film he wears Danner Mountain light II boots in the Austria scenes.
    shilton125 wrote:
    image.jpg
    I wonder who makes the boots
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 363MI6 Agent
    Thought you all might enjoy a pic of this hallow ground..spending a week at the Royal Plantation (Jamaica) , where Ian Flemming and Winston Churchill used to visit...heading to Dunn's River today (Dr No scene).
    image.jpg
  • brokepennybrokepenny Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    There is a big piece at the beginning of this thread about the Danner boots Craig wears in the photo-call shoot and they are a model of Quarry (not the GTX) that are no longer made. Danner changed its manufacturing of these boots from China to the USA and the boot that replaced this is the Danner Quarry in Distressed Brown. You can sometimes find the discontinued model on ebay, but otherwise they are in short supply.

The new model are identifiable by a little American Flag on the side of the boot. My advice to those thinking of buying them in the UK - Don't go for the 400g Thinsulate version unless you live in the coldest parts of the UK as they are incredibly warm. They also come up a little small, so go a half size larger than you would need. The Danner site gives a size conversion but, in my experience (and i'm a UK size 10) the US 10.5 is a little small. I wish i'd gone for a US 11.

Although called distressed brown, they actually look like what I would call Nubuck. In terms of Colour, if you know what the Rust colour looks like in a classic timberland boot, then you'll have an idea what these look like out of the box. Not that easy to get in the UK, but Amazon.com sell the new ones and will ship for free. You still have to pay import duty and taxes but, they are a nice work boot.

ebiwanton wrote:
    In that photo shoot apparently they are Danner Quarry GTX 8 boots.

In the film he wears Danner Mountain light II boots in the Austria scenes.
    shilton125 wrote:
    image.jpg
    I wonder who makes the boots
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    There are plenty of the older model Quarry boots on ebay. That was where I bought a pair last winter. I even bought the pair with the 400g insulation.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Doctor wrote:
    image.jpg

...TOM FORD SÖLDEN OUTFIT....

Nice work! -{ All you need now is Lea Seydoux! :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    JB1962 wrote:
    Here's a link about Jany Temime's designs for the Spectre wardrobe:

http://www.007.com/the-costumes-of-spectre/

"It was very hard to do better than the SKYFALL blue tuxedo."

1. Watch Quantum of Solace.
    2. Copy.
    3. Done.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Jellyfish wrote:
    JB1962 wrote:
    Here's a link about Jany Temime's designs for the Spectre wardrobe:

http://www.007.com/the-costumes-of-spectre/

"It was very hard to do better than the SKYFALL blue tuxedo."

1. Watch Quantum of Solace.
    2. Copy.
    3. Done.

I agree, though I like that she brought the ivory dinner jacket back. However, the ivory dinner jacket was very poorly done. The only dinner jacket that is worse is Dalton's in LTK.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • KhaineKhaine Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    So John Varvatos just cancelled my jacket order after confirming it. So so so frustrated right now
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    For anyone interested. Here is a good pic of the Astor coat from Billy Reid Q wore.
    image.jpg
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,516Chief of Staff
    ^ I do like that coat -{
    YNWA 97
  • PointfiveOPointfiveO Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    Had three orders cancelled so feel your pain, eventually got one in the right size.

Keep trying.
    Khaine wrote:
    So John Varvatos just cancelled my jacket order after confirming it. So so so frustrated right now
    The Spirit blue lodge hoody is back in stock at Revolve, they had all sizes yesterday.

I picked this coat up beginning of the year, went XL as per the size guide but it was huge when it arrived so sold it and have been looking for a Large since. Despite them stating it is a slim fit, I didn't find this was the case, the Canada Goose XL was bigger than an equivalent North Face XL.

Friedl41 wrote:
    What was the colour of the original press lounge jacket? Was it. It blue as well? Can somebody post another picture? Maybe?

This one?

150107_daniel_craig_jacket_in_solden.jpg

The colour is called Spirit. It's sold out online in all sizes for the hoody (XS only) and non-hoody versions. Good luck finding one in a store. I went to 5 different stores in my area and looked online with 4 retailers and nobody has one in this colour.

I ended up getting the PBI Blue in XL and it's a great jacket. I wish it was the darker blue but I'll take it.

5055_MPB_64.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    PointfiveO wrote:
    The Spirit blue lodge hoody is back in stock at Revolve, they had all sizes yesterday.

I picked this coat up beginning of the year, went XL as per the size guide but it was huge when it arrived so sold it and have been looking for a Large since. Despite them stating it is a slim fit, I didn't find this was the case, the Canada Goose XL was bigger than an equivalent North Face XL.

Friedl41 wrote:
    What was the colour of the original press lounge jacket? Was it. It blue as well? Can somebody post another picture? Maybe?

This one?

The colour is called Spirit. It's sold out online in all sizes for the hoody (XS only) and non-hoody versions. Good luck finding one in a store. I went to 5 different stores in my area and looked online with 4 retailers and nobody has one in this colour.

I ended up getting the PBI Blue in XL and it's a great jacket. I wish it was the darker blue but I'll take it.

5055_MPB_64.jpg

Thanks for the tip! I picked up another in L this time as my XL baggy!! For $500 odd dollars shipped was a great deal compared to Europe prices!!!!!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 008Wong008Wong Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    welshboy78 wrote:
    PointfiveO wrote:

This one?

5055_MPB_64.jpg

Thanks for the tip! I picked up another in L this time as my XL baggy!! For $500 odd dollars shipped was a great deal compared to Europe prices!!!!!!!

Amen I found one from Coggles UK, £450 in Small AND 30% of everything which came to £315, more than chuffed. Taking it with me for skiing in Bulgaria! So many great reviews for this jacket, appreciate it didn't feature on the movie of SPECTRE but a great jacket for press shots!

Lodge_Hoody.jpg
    Enjoy - its a great jacket!!!!
    large now showing out of stock!
    Yeah I grabbed last one :)
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    Hey everyone, JV's appear to be restocked yet again!! All sizes available
    https://www.johnvarvatos.com/suede-racer-jacket/L855R1L-Y668.html?dwvar_L855R1L-Y668_color=405#start=1
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    The Mantis wrote:
    Ah, and just received an email back from the same person...they sold three hats to costume department, only one was a navy beanie. And she goes on to say that their hat has no identifying marks on outside so MAYBE its theirs?

Sigh....one navy beanie...I would think that production MIGHT need a few more....and the assumption and speculation that it's theirs from their head of PR is loose to say the least...regardless, I have let them know that Bond stylist cost asst. said Acne, so will see where Lock takes it...

Also, just to be totally anal, I put this picture together....Lock on the left and Acne on the right...your honor, I rest my case...

Beanie_debate.jpg

Just received my Acne beanie ... unless DC has a much, much smaller head than me (possible) I am not sure if it is the beanie used in the movie ... his looks a bit longer on top, meaning more empty space on top ... however the Acne is a great beanie and I am happy with it ,,, also it is VERY expensive for what it actually is ,,, but we pay for the Brand, too.
    Hey everyone, JV's appear to be restocked yet again!! All sizes available
    https://www.johnvarvatos.com/suede-racer-jacket/L855R1L-Y668.html?dwvar_L855R1L-Y668_color=405#start=1

M is sold out again ...
  • nickpnickp UK, Surrey Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    J
    Friedl41 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    Ah, and just received an email back from the same person...they sold three hats to costume department, only one was a navy beanie. And she goes on to say that their hat has no identifying marks on outside so MAYBE its theirs?

Sigh....one navy beanie...I would think that production MIGHT need a few more....and the assumption and speculation that it's theirs from their head of PR is loose to say the least...regardless, I have let them know that Bond stylist cost asst. said Acne, so will see where Lock takes it...

Also, just to be totally anal, I put this picture together....Lock on the left and Acne on the right...your honor, I rest my case...

Beanie_debate.jpg

Just received my Acne beanie ... unless DC has a much, much smaller head than me (possible) I am not sure if it is the beanie used in the movie ... his looks a bit longer on top, meaning more empty space on top ... however the Acne is a great beanie and I am happy with it ,,, also it is VERY expensice for what it actually is ,,, but we pay for the Brand, too.

Hi, two other good options which I have bought are from reiss UK and also Brora, both have the right fit, not too skull cap like but not slouchy and both are great quality.

https://www.reiss.com/p/ribbed-beanie-hat-mens-noah-in-navy/?category_id=10410

http://www.brora.co.uk/Product/Product.aspx?WebShopCodeStr=A5&WebSegmentCodeStr=S5&WebCategoryCodeStr=SW&StyleCodeStr=DQ178&PT=1&PC=A5-S5-SW&ColourCodeStr=A6021

Cheers

Nick p
    I have a ripcurl beanie which looks like the press photo shoot beanie ... Which was pointed out to me by legallybond on Instagram. Also great fit with longer top.

However ... Just wearing the acne beanie around the house and I am back too believe that it is the SA one ... Time will tell.
    I though the Acne beanie was the wrong one at first (small) but can soon shape into the SA one
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Oh dear went to London today on business trip and passed by Picadilly on way home and looked where I ended up!

Also popped to JV (thank god they only had a large in store - too big fortunately) followed by Omega boutique (again lucky I have SM300 already) then JC Crew ( no Kentons wallet breaths sigh of relief) and ended up at N Peal after a trip down Savile Row.

So I consoled myself with a turtle neck - well it's Christmas

Cheers :007)

image.jpg
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    Bond44 wrote:
    Oh dear went to London today on business trip and passed by Picadilly on way home and looked where I ended up!

Also popped to JV (thank god they only had a large in store - too big fortunately) followed by Omega boutique (again lucky I have SM300 already) then JC Crew ( no Kentons wallet breaths sigh of relief) and ended up at N Peal after a trip down Savile Row.

Cheers :-))

image.jpg

Not a bad consolation!! :))

Should have popped to Harrods in search of the brown TF tie!!
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:

image.jpg

Harrods bugger I was only the other side of the park in Marble Arch!! (but it would have meant a trek through the Wunter Wonderland)

Actually with all my recent purchases this Bond collecting mikarky is costing me a fortune already (and I swore I would go frugal after the watch) time to take a break for Christmas me thinks

Nice day out though now to get this one past Zero Alpha (good lady) :D especially after my trip last week she already thinks I am nuts! I told her the Moncler was cheaper than Harrods and TF (haven't mentioned the solden gloves yet)

That will be a mission in itself!

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    Bond44 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:

image.jpg

Harrods bugger I was only the other side of the park in Marble Arch!! (but it would have meant a trek through the Wunter Wonderland)

Actually with all my recent purchases this Bond collecting mikarky is costing me a fortune already (and I swore I would go frugal after the watch) time to take a break for Christmas me thinks

Nice day out though now to get this one past Zero Alpha (good lady) :D especially after my trip last week she already thinks I am nuts! (haven't mentioned the solden gloves yet)

I know what you mean. Funny thing is that items keep bloody popping up unexpectedly e.g. Solden Gloves
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    "What, these old things darling, oh I've had them for years, you remember... surely you have seen them before" :v
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Bond44 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Nice day out though now to get this one past Zero Alpha (good lady) :D especially after my trip last week she already thinks I am nuts! (haven't mentioned the solden gloves yet)

I know what you mean. Funny thing is that items keep bloody popping up unexpectedly e.g. Solden Gloves