Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    hey guys,
    I hate asking questions that have (possibly) been asked/answered before so i tried sifting through the previous 250 pages (i got to 30 before i broke down and am now posting) i was kinda following along at the time of posting, then trailed off.

anyway, i really liked the Tom Ford sunglasses from the rome funeral. (surprisingly! not my typical style) i was very surprised to learn that the film used glasses were the red havana. so i just recently bought the Tom Ford Snowdon TF237 52N. they really seem to look pretty different from the film version. i can see the frames appearing darker on film but the lenses really get me. the lenses are such a light, opaque brown, one can see right through to my eyes with no problem at all. are these really the screen used glasses? i remember reading someone mentioning they had put darker frames into the tortoise shell lenses. that almost seems believable.

i'm just very surprised how they appear in actuality compared to how they looked on film. i tried to do my homework to get the accurate pair but something still seems off... wasn't sure there if there was something i'm missing.

-Steve

i can try and get some pictures if need be, as well

Regarding the colour of the sunglasses (as well as the colour of everything else in the film) here is an interesting article:
    http://www.thebondbulletin.com/true-colours-regrading-spectre
    that may explain some of the differences.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Thank for sharing that article, very interesting. This explains why the color of the Matchless jacket looks darker on screen than the ones sold and seen in person.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Thank for sharing that article, very interesting. This explains why the color of the Matchless jacket looks darker on screen than the ones sold and seen in person.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    The yellow tint over the film really took me out of the film. I prefer truer colours since it's makes the film feel more realistic. What is the point of yellowing the movie, apart from making it more difficult to identify the colours of the clothes?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    The yellow tint over the film really took me out of the film. I prefer truer colours since it's makes the film feel more realistic. What is the point of yellowing the movie, apart from making it more difficult to identify the colours of the clothes?
    That irked me as well, the yellow film tint is really odd, I think its something Hoytema does a lot because Interstallar has a similar tint but its nowhere near as distracting. Speaking of identifying clothes, does anyone have clear evidence that the Q-Lab tie was the purple one? going over the entire scene it just looks like the same tie from Blofeld's lair. I saw no hints of purple and feel the ink/navy one probably works better with the suit anyway.
    Matt S wrote:
    That irked me as well, the yellow film tint is really odd, I think its something Hoytema does a lot because Interstallar has a similar tint but its nowhere near as distracting. Speaking of identifying clothes, does anyone have clear evidence that the Q-Lab tie was the purple one? going over the entire scene it just looks like the same tie from Blofeld's lair. I saw no hints of purple and feel the ink/navy one probably works better with the suit anyway.

Based on film stills (and not from the film itself), the "Navy" (indigo) tie is the one in Q's lab. The yellow tint in the film will negate the purple hue. The "Ink" (dark navy) tie is only at Blofeld's lair. So many ties can work equally well with the grey suit.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Based on film stills (and not from the film itself), the "Navy" (indigo) tie is the one in Q's lab. The yellow tint in the film will negate the purple hue. The "Ink" (dark navy) tie is only at Blofeld's lair. So many ties can work equally well with the grey suit.
    Perhaps that's why I just cant see any difference on screen between the two.
    Matt S wrote:

Perhaps that's why I just cant see any difference on screen between the two.

The "navy" tie only looks purple when compared to the "ink" tie. On its own it looks more navy.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    It looks like J. Crew will be adding a light gray turtleneck sweater to its Fall 2016 line (available in August). It's hard to know how much of a budget alternative it might be compared to the N.Peal, but the overall style seems close.

http://www.complex.com/style/2016/02/j-crew-fall-winter-2016

04_j_crew_mens_fw_16_o2nuty.jpg
  • DKLADKLA Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Hi there - if you have a JV suede racer for sale in a size L please pm me and thank you. On a separate note I have my blu-Ray coming and I can't wait!!
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    London watch towards the end of the movie. Any ideas? Aqua Terra?

image.jpg
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    edited March 2016
    drum007 wrote:

image.jpg

Yes, it's the Omega Aqua Terra in Blue.
    And before somebody comes on here to tell you it's the Bond Limited Edition with the family crest dial, it's not!! It's the normal, regular, blue face edition.

In Skyfall, he wore the older (discontinued) model with a surround around the date, in 39mm
    In SPECTRE, he wore the 41mm version.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    drum007 wrote:

image.jpg

Yes, it's the Omega Aqua Terra in Blue.
    And before somebody comes on here to tell you it's the Bond Limited Edition with the family crest dial, it's not!! It's the normal, regular, blue face edition.

In Skyfall, he wore the older (discontinued) model with a surround around the date, in 39mm
    In SPECTRE, he wore the 41mm version.

Ha - makes you wonder how many people have bought the LE AT thinking its in the movie! Imagine a lot of dealers have claimed its worn by DC :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I've just bought the LE aqua terra, it's a lovely watch I'm very pleased, I knew it wasn't worn in the film but I think DC is wearing it in the johnathan ross interview tho.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Interestingly, I've just had an email from omega showcasing their new Olympic timekeeper watches, it's possible that one of these could be the elusive spectre third watch?

Screenshot_2016_03_04_18_39_44.jpg
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Interestingly, I've just had an email from omega showcasing their new Olympic timekeeper watches, it's possible that one of these could be the elusive spectre third watch?

Screenshot_2016_03_04_18_39_44.jpg

Very possible. Is the complete collection on the website?

You might want to post the same thing on the Spectre watch thread: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/43398/bonds-watch-in-spectre/page/58/
    Ah, thankyou Matt, I looked for that thread as I've posted on it before. I shall do that now. -{
    This may have already been noted, but I can't find any posts, last week my wife bought me the blood sweat and bond book, there is a small quote in there that says the Mr white outfit was nspired by the French alpine unit, and that bond wears blue trousers, I had assumed that he wore the Neil Barratt trousers in those scenes.
    That quote should be with regards to the ski pants
    That's what I thought, but aren't the ski pants black? Also jany mentions the beanie in the same quote??

DSC_0004.jpg
    edited March 2016
    No I had a pair (returned them) and they were Navy to match the TF blouson which is Navy with grey wool (both look black but are Navy)

He also wears the beanie with the above outfit when walking into the clinic
    welshboy78 wrote:
    No I had a pair (returned them) and they were Navy to match the TF blouson (both look black but are Navy)

The buy book says the trousers are black.
    Matt S wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    No I had a pair (returned them) and they were Navy to match the TF blouson (both look black but are Navy)

The buy book says the trousers are black.

Positive they are Navy unless I was colour blind!!! I must admit I quickly tried them on, hated them and sent them back so didn't pay too much attention
    Yeah 100% Navy

$_57.JPG
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Just received this great replica from my friend in Greece!

image.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Beautiful work. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    welshboy78 wrote:
    No I had a pair (returned them) and they were Navy to match the TF blouson which is Navy with grey wool (both look black but are Navy)

Yeah I saw that, and there is a picture of the solden outfit with a beanie. This caption is alongside a picture of Bond at the top of the stairs in Mr whites house, maybe an editing error.
    The tf blouson does show up dark blue in some scenes in the film, even with the filters, but the trousers defo look black, maybe it's the material?
    Yeah they are very dark Navy mate but def not black.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Yeah they are very dark Navy mate but def not black.

Thanks. They look navy in all the photos. It wouldn't be the only thing that's wrong in the buy book.
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Just picked up a of Tom Ford Snowdon's for £119 from Costco.