License To Listen

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    The physical Releases come in one of those Plastic Case Thingies -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Here they are but I don't think this was the place I saw them

http://www.audible.co.uk/mt/james_bond
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    For a small charge, you can call me and I'll read the book to you over the phone ;)
    I'll even describe what I'm wearing ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Think I prefer Rosamunds voice but thanks for the offer!!!!!! :D
    For a small charge, you can call me and I'll read the book to you over the phone ;)
    I'll even describe what I'm wearing ! :D

'Thats extra man!'

:))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    David Rintool is good, but I think the ones read by Robert Whitfield are even better.

Also, I quite like the radio drama's that feature Toby Stephens as James Bond. They create the perfect atmosphere with different voice actors and background sounds and music. They're not audiobooks of course, but they're quite fun to listen to, and there not that long either:

Here's an example of FRWL:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc821TuEsas

They also did one for DN, GF and OHMSS, which should all be on YouTube as well :)
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
    Can anyone recommend any of the continuation novels? I intend to download Colonel Sun & License Renewed at some point but what others should I be looking out for & why?
    For Gardner, his earlier Books were better. I especially recommend For Special Services, Role Of Honor and Nobody Lives Forever. All three of those Books deal with SPECTRE -{

No Deals Mr Bond, Scorpius and his License To Kill Novelization I also recommend you pick up. Win Loose Or Die is rather dull though.

For Benson, I suggest The Facts Of Death.
    I've just started FYEO. I'm looking to complete the downloading of all the IF books & then start on a few continuation novels.

Hail to you tube & you tube downloader!!!!!
    Indeed {[]
    David Rintool is good, but I think the ones read by Robert Whitfield are even better.

Also, I quite like the radio drama's that feature Toby Stephens as James Bond. They create the perfect atmosphere with different voice actors and background sounds and music. They're not audiobooks of course, but they're quite fun to listen to, and there not that long either:

Here's an example of FRWL:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc821TuEsas

They also did one for DN, GF and OHMSS, which should all be on YouTube as well :)

I'm going to see if I can hunt them down.
    You can find them rather easily on EBay -{
  • O07O07 Oxford, EnglandPosts: 50MI6 Agent
    Some of those go on for 9 hours!
    You can listen to them in segments. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    On the Iphone -{
    I decided to have a look around one of the local Charity Shops Today, and by Luck I found David Rintoul's Reading of From Russia With Love (On Cassette)
    Now you just have to pick up an old cassette player. ;) :))
    Indeed :D
    Although it's great these days as there are a few devices to copy old
    Records and cassettes to mp3 format. -{
    Candyman was selling the MP3's of these a while ago -{
    Yep ! I bought a disc, -{ and I bought a few of the new novels on disc and copied
    Them to mp3. They can be picked up cheaply on eBay, the ones I got were all
    Second hand but looked brand new. :)
    The 007 Reloaded Range?

They are very good Readings. Toby Stephens did FRWL and he put quite a bit of Passion into his Voice.
    I'm currently listening to Dr No. I find audiobooks to be the perfect solution - allowing me to 'read' while dodging about the place. It's a long time since I read the book & I have half forgotten what a cracking story it is. One very minor mistake which IF makes though is the part where the motor launch has been sent to look for Bond, Honey & Quarrel. Fleming describes the deck mounted machine gun as an MG42 but then goes onto to say that a lull in the firing is as a result of the magazine being changed. I've included a short video link to allow you to spot the deliberate mistake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwW31u6wYvE

According to Fleming the last time Bond heard the sound of the MG42 was in the Ardennes 1944.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Audible has a lot of the Bond novels as audiobook. All the Fleming, Gardner, Benson novels and CB, DMC and TM. Also, it has the Monneypenny diaries and the Young Bond novels AND a lot of books about Bond like The Music of James Bond, Bond on Bond (read by Sir Roger himself) and the Bedside Companion.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    I find the sudio books a great way of passing the time, either out walking
    or on a long drive. -{
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Yes me too, I live about a 30 minute walk from my work so I spend at least an hour a day listening to audiobooks. I prefer non-fiction to fiction when commuting to and from work so I listen to a lot of management books, language courses and am a great fan of the Great Courses series. However, once in a while I do pop in a novel.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    The BBC Bond radio dramas are another good listen. I downloaded them all from you tube. At about 90 minutes each they are ideal to listen to in one go when the situation allows. Toby Stevens makes a great radio Bond & overall they are well acted.
    Is there anyone here who owns the Audiobooks of Diamonds Are Forever and You Only Live Twice by Simon Vance ? (a.k.a Robert Whitfield)

I do have these two as read by David Rintoul, but I like Vance/Whitfield a lot better and would love to fill up these final gaps in my collection. (As I do have all the other Fleming novels read by Vance.)

I've been trying to purchase these final two on several websites. Inaudible only allows credit cards (which is not a common thing here in Holland, so I don't have one.) I tried to purchase it on Estories using Paypal, turns out the audiobooks weren't in my region. And so on to websites that claimed to have them for free but putting you on a 30 trial which did once again needed credit card details.

So if anyone has these two on .mp3 format, I would be willing to trade for it with any other audiobooks read by Vance/ Whitfield. :)
    Okay, so forget my last post :p I have just found a way to purchase the ones I was missing by letting the website think I was actually in a different region using some sort of extention that changes my IP adress or something... (Technical stuff, but hey I found it out :) )

In other words, I have now bought the remaining audiobooks I was missing -{ And with that my collection is complete :)

Can't wait to finally make my way through all of these ones and for all! I love reading the actual books with the narrator, and Vance is superb with all the accents and voices, highly recommend his audiobooks the most out the ones I tried -{