Predictions on Box Office numbers?

13»

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Spectre does $63.8 million in its first week in the UK. $80.4 million worldwide.

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/spectre-james-bond-box-office-1201631196/

-{
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Spectre does $63.8 million in its first week in the UK. $80.4 million worldwide.

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/spectre-james-bond-box-office-1201631196/

Take that Harry Potter -{.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
  • db5.007db5.007 SwitzerlandPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    Deadline reports that estimations are that SP would have edged out SF also in the Friday/Saturday/Sunday UK frame with £20.4 against £20.1 earned by Bond 23.
    "Surround yourself with human beings, they are easier to fight for than principles.”
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    db5.007 wrote:
    Deadline reports that estimations are that SP would have edged out SF also in the Friday/Saturday/Sunday UK frame with £20.4 against £20.1 earned by Bond 23.

That's after it had already been out for 3+ days.
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    I just hope it makes enough so they will commision the production of Bond 25.

Thats all that matters to me.
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    SPECTRE, seems to be breaking British box office records :) it would be
    Wonderful to see Bond holding the #1 and #2 positions of the most successful
    British films ............ Ever ! -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I think 007 is quite healthy :007)
    I just hope it makes enough so they will commision the production of Bond 25.

Thats all that matters to me.

James Bond is never going away.

The current estimated value of the Bond franchise is $20 billion. http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2015/10/27/value-of-james-bond-brand/

Interestingly, in 2004 the franchise was valued at $1 billion. http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/stories/2004-09-19/is-james-bond-worth-1-billion

Something for the DCINB people to think about.
  • ArcticArsenalArcticArsenal Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    I think 007 is quite healthy :007)

To think many scoffed at a Blonde Bond :)) . To be fair a lot of it is down to Craig, not just for his performance but for him been hands on with the films themselves as a producer (even QOS, which I think is a perfectly fine Bond film). Without him, you wouldn't have some of the best Bond cast's ever (Fiennes, Bardem, Waltz) and Oscar winning director (Mendes) wanting to work on Bond films. Plus he's made Bond film's event's again, which they haven't been since Connery's peak (as much as many die hard's on here would disagree with me with it's the truth). Bond is cool again outside the fan base that's always been loyal even through some lows.

Plus one thing you can't accuse Craig of, and that's phoning in his performance. But it's great to see Bond back on top again, ruling the box office.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,737MI6 Agent
    SPECTRE is going to bring in a tidy sum when all is said and done. The strategy of opening in England and Europe before the US as with Skyfall will pump up the box office in the US. The positive reviews from overseas along with record breaking box office will really grease the wheels for a big opening in the US. I wouldn't be concerned about the competition in US cinemas down the road. A well reviewed Bond film will have "legs". It will certainly drop off, but it will run through New Years and actually appeals to a broader demographic than "Hunger Games". "Hunger Games" and "Star Wars" will have more effect on the IMAX version of SPECTRE mainly because they will limit it to a two week run.
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I rest my case. Well done for backing my statement up :))
    I don't understand your reply or your use of such an emoticon, so perhaps you should indeed take a rest. There's an amount of disappointment with the film out there, and even those who like it point to obvious flaws that prevent it from being a great film. I gave it a 7/10 and that seems to be a common score. A good but not great Bond film. Expect this one to have strong openings everywhere but disappear from the multiplexes more rapidly than Skyfall as the buzz surrounding that film isn't there this time around.

I saw it on Monday afternoon when everyone had gone back to work and school. (had the day off) and the cinema was 60% full-still
    several seats available at a quiet time 3pm Monday.
    I agree in giving the film a 7/10 mark on initial viewing (I will see it some more times) although my reaction is better than Skyfall which at first I thought was depressing and grey skies,-but I went on to see it 5 times up to February 2013.
    Skyfall had the 50 years and British Olympics feelgood factors.
    Spectre is a good modern Bond film with all the good ingredients and is breaking British box office records but I'm not sure it'll
    have the legs in the cinemas to run far into the New Year.
    Long term Bond fans (like me) will see it a few times but it depends if word-of-mouth boosts it with the rest of the public?
    I think it'll make about $900M -not as much as Skyfall.

Bleuville.
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure of the final number, but it won't do as well as Skyfall.
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    SPECTRE is set to gross the second biggest opening in the US. Industry estimates $70-$75 million at a current theater count of 3,927. Skyfall posted records all round with the best debut $88.4 million, best domestic haul $304.4 million and a global take $1.1 billion.

'Spectre' Poised To Be Second-Best James Bond Opening......
    http://deadline.com/2015/11/spectre-second-best-james-bond-opening-peanuts-movie-weekend-box-office-preview-1201604894/
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    I'm currently at the IMAX first showing (USA) only half full and only 5 mins left before showtime. :o
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    According to Box Office Mojo, SPECTRE easily topped the US weekend estimates with an opening gross of $73 million from 3,929 theatres. By comparison, Skyfall opened with $88.36 million from 3,505 theatres, Quantum of Solace $67.52 million from 3,451 theatres.

Box Office Mojo Weekend Estimates November 6-8, 2015
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    Decent numbers, for sure; exceeds Sony's admittedly conservative forecast of 60-65 million.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Good numbers given some of the almost " anti Bond" reviews some American
    critics have published.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Good numbers given some of the almost " anti Bond" reviews some American
    critics have published.

Yeah, if it's going to do really well in the US, it's going to have to have good word of mouth.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    924.534,25 USDollars
    Dalton Rulez™
    Box office for SP through this weekend looks to be $677 million.

I'm guessing it finishes right around $900 million.