Timothy Dalton. Best actor to play Bond?

Comments

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Just because some of us don't worship at the feet of the great man who channelled his inner Errol Flynn and brought Prince Barin to life in Flash Gordon doesn't mean we despise him you know :))

They are my two favourite non Bond Dalton films. The man can rock a moustache !! :)) :))

As for Shakespeare's TLD I really enjoyed that :)
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Dalton purchases a Bulk of Green Trainers off Higgins, but he never payed :v
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm another fan of Savalas as Blofeld. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    The Scene in OHMSS where Blofeld shows Bond to his 'New Quarters' shows that Savalas was the best Blofeld in my Opinion -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I could see Telly as Blofeld, controlling a meeting of spectre and
    Handing out a beating/killing when needed. Discipline must be
    Maintained after all ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,294Chief of Staff
    Lady Rose wrote:

Then here it is collected together, with a few additions. (Don't take the act/scene numbers too seriously)

Act 1, Scene 1. High above a sea.
    Sir Miles: Honoured soldiers, though to our secular lords our present endeavour be no more than a mere plaything, a bagatelle for gaining that experience held high in our conscience, so from our spring I hold it as a matter of mine honour that thee, furbished with the O's redoubled, will disdain fortune in pursuit and shall cause no discomfort to fall upon me.
    (Exeunt three soldiers. A strong wind blows)
    Oh a thousand damnations be upon thee!

Act 1, Scene 2. A rock in the sea.
    1st Sentry: In truth, sirrah, out of this merriment you are.
    2nd Sentry: Cry hold! You live no more.

Act 1, Scene 5. A boat in the sea.
    Bored Maiden: Of the life herein I do weary. I seek merely a man who is strong and true, and plays not of the tennis.
    (Enter Sir James)
    Sir James: I am he who is called Bond, James Bond. To Sir Miles in one hour I must make report.
    Bored Maiden: I prithee, leave me not.
    Sir James: Forsooth, one hour shall become two.

Intermission. Maidens dance, a Norseman sings.

Act 2, Scene 1. An opera house.
    Saunders: I am Saunders, he who commands Vienna. Your tardiness is reprehensible.
    Sir James: Of the essence time holds no sway. Yonder maiden sweet music upon her cello doth make, yet no more sweet than her own fair charms.
    Saunders: Thou must take leave of the fairer sex, Double Naught Seven, thine duty precedence must take.
    Sir James: To the border thou must make haste, I prithee in what manner?
    Saunders: Thy pardon must I crave, unknown to thee shall be my route. Scroll the six-and-twentieth, paper the fifth. Thine understanding I am certain of.

Act 2, Scene 3. A cave.
    Old Wizard: To the depths in this swine of base metal must thee journey, or as with borscht shalt thou boil.
    Koskov: I know not of swine or borscht or sweetmeats!

Act 2, Scene 4. A carriage.
    Saunders: Report must I make of thy shortcomings, Naught Naught Seven.
    Sir James: Get thee to Sir Miles and disclose unto him that which pleases thee. Should he but terminate my employ, I shall upon him heap great praise in reciprocation! One endpiece of a flintlock from the other knowest the fair damsel not. Verily, whomsoever she may be, the light of day which survives in her has been sent to flight.

Act 3, Scene 2. Throne room of Sir Miles Messervy.
    Sir James: Of thy choice in caviar have I differed, my liege, and in truth the fair damsel doth live still.
    Sir Miles: Then, marry, from Hong Kong shall Double Naught Eight be summoned. His pursuance of orders doth exceed thine, whose disposition lends favour to instinct, wherefore Pushkin he knows not. Four-and-ten days of leisure shall be given to thee.
    Sir James: Nay!... Sire. If this deed is decreed to come to pass, let me endeavour to make it so.

Act 3, Scene 4. The old wizard's lair.
    Old Wizard: In my crystal ball I see the woman you seek, whose humour it is to take the life of men with her thighs.
    Moneypenny: Sir James, thine type she most surely ist!
    Sir James: Nay, thou art mistaken, my type thou art.
    Old Wizard: Thine attention I crave, Naught Naught Seven. For those across the sea I have laboured long and weary, in the creation of this blaster of ghettos.
    Moneypenny: 'Twas unknown to me your fondness for the muse, Sir James. I entreat thee, should happenstance in the twilight hour thou be unencumbered, thou should attend my domicile for perusal of my Barry Manilow collection.
    Old Wizard: Take care with thine carriage, Naught Naught Seven- new livery it doth have!

Act 5, Scene 4. Another carriage, fashioned by the DB5th Earl of Aston and the Viscount Martin.
    Sir James: Verily this modern safety glass doth astound! In truth, installation of those accessories named as optional I have caused.
    Lady Kara: To the distant constables thou canst listen- be this witchcraft?
    Sir James: Nay, sweet lady, 'tis but an anomaly of the air that surrounds us.

Act 6, Scene 4. A foreign place of amusement.
    Sir James: Balloon, I have no quarrel with thee
    and yet you in my angry embrace be;
    Your inflator I must surely stop
    forgive my tightening grip that you must...
    *pop*
    Tall German man weeping in background: :#

Act 7, Scene 2. A boudoir.
    Pushkin: Dost thou call on me with social intent?
    Sir James: Lilies of the field should thee have brought. Faith in Koskov have I none, lest thy death be upon thee.
    Pushkin: Then die I must.

Act 7, Scene 7. Another boudoir. Lady Kara sits with her cello.
    Lady Kara: Sir James, Sir James, wherefore art thou Sir James?
    (Enter Sir James)
    Sir James: Lady Kara, 'tis the hour when all deceit laid aside must be. No friend of Georgi's am I; whence Albion, where my duties lie, I journeyed seeking his atonement for the betrayal of all. 'Twas I, none other, that with aim true shot the flintlock from your sweet hands.

Act 8, Scene 2. High above another sea.
    Koskov: A thousand pardons, Sir James, my love for thee is boundless, yet the ancients shall proclaim that no sweethearts hath duty.
    Sir James: Thou art replete with it, those ancients in my land shall proclaim.
    Lady Kara: A fool have I been.
    Sir James: No more than I, my lady.

Act 8, Scene 4. A gaol.
    Warder: Long and weary have I waited for a captive woman.
    Bearded Man: Oh free me from this captivity! Innocent am I!
    Warder: Thy death shall await thee in the dawn hour, though shot shall take precedence over the rope.
    (He strikes Sir James, who falls)
    Warder: To descend I did bid thee not!
    (Sir James rises and is struck once more)
    Warder: Neither were thou bidden to ascend!
    (Sir James overcomes the Warder in battle)
    Lady Kara: Oh most magnificent thou art! Our freedom has been granted!
    Sir James: Yet in a fortress in a foreign citadel we remain.
    Bearded Man: For this boon I thank thee.

Act 9, Scene 3. Still another boudoir.
    Lady Kara: Oh fool thou art! Nothing more than a steed's hindermost quarters!
    Sir James: Verily shrew, doth thee compare mineself to the posterior of a beast of thy fields!

Act 11, Scene 4. In the lair of a villain.
    Koskov: Honoured Pushkin, my delight in our reunion doth know no bounds.
    Pushkin: As doth mine, Georgi. To Moscow thou shalt fly- within the satchel of diplomacy!
    Sir James: And of the Lady Kara?
    Pushkin: Her fate we must discuss.

Act 12, Scene 1. Another opera house.
    Sir James: To miss this performance I would not.
    Lady Kara: Oh, Sir James!
    (Exeunt omnes. Sir James Bond shalt return.)

(Fleming/Shakespeare/Maibaum/Wilson arr. Barbel/Chrisisall/Thunderpussy)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    *pop*

wonder who that would be :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Another cameo for you, Higgins. :)
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Forsooth, Barbel, Chrisisall and TP, thine art doth make me wet my hose and doublet! :)) :)) :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Much pleasure in that is taken, C&D! {[]
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:

Then here it is collected together, with a few additions. (Don't take the act/scene numbers too seriously)

Sir Miles: Honoured soldiers, though to our multiple lords our present endeavour be no more than a mere plaything, a bagatelle for gaining that experience held high in our conscience, so from our spring I hold it as a matter of mine honour that thee, furbished with the Os redoubled, will disdain fortune in pursuit and shall cause no discomfort to fall upon me.

Bored Maiden: Of the life herein I weary. I seek merely a man who is true and strong, and plays not of the tennis.
    (Enter Sir James)
    Sir James: To Sir Miles in one hour I must make report.

Saunders: I am Saunders, he who commands Vienna. Your tardiness is reprehensible.
    Sir James: Of the essence time holds no sway. Yonder maiden sweet music upon her cello doth make, yet no more than her own fair charms.
    Saunders: Thou must give leave to the fairer sex, Double Naught Seven, thine duty precedence must take.
    Saunders: Thy pardon must I crave, unknown to thee shall be my route. Scroll the six-and-twentieth, paper the fifth. Thine understanding I am certain of.

Act 2, Scene 3. A cave.
    Old Wizard: To the depths in this swine must thee journey, or as with borscht shalt thou boil.

Sir James: Get thee to Sir Miles and disclose unto him that which pleases thee. Should he but terminate my employ, I shall upon him heap great praise in reciprocation! One endpiece of a flintlock from the other knowest the fair damsel not. Verily, whomsoever she may be, the light of day which survives in her has been sent to flight.

Sir James: Of thy choice in caviar have I differed, my liege, and in truth the fair damsel doth live still.
    Sir Miles: Then, marry, from Hong Kong shall Double Naught Eight be summoned. His pursuance of orders doth exceed thine, whose disposition lends favour to instinct, wherefore Pushkin he knows not. Four-and-ten days of leisure shall be given to thee.
    Sir James: Nay!... Sire. If this deed is decreed to come to pass, let me endeavour to make it so.

Old Wizard: In my crystal ball I see the woman you seek, whose humour it is to take the life of men with her thighs.
    Old Wizard: Thine attention I crave, Naught Naught Seven. For those across the sea I have laboured long and weary, in the creation of this blaster of ghettos.
    Moneypenny: 'Twas unknown to me your fondness for the muse, Sir James. I entreat thee, should happenstance in the twilight hour thou be unencumbered, thou should attend my domicile for perusal of my Barry Manilow collection.
    Old Wizard: Take care with thine carriage, Naught Naught Seven- new livery it doth have!

Act 5, Scene 4. Another carriage, fashioned by the DB5th Earl of Aston and the Viscount Martin.
    Sir James: Verily this modern safety glass doth astound! In truth, installation of those accessories named as optional I have caused.

*pop*

Sir James: Lilies of the field should thee have brought. Faith in Koskov have I none, lest thy death be upon thee.

(Enter Sir James)
    Sir James: Lady Kara, 'tis the hour when all deceit laid aside must be. No friend of Georgi's am I; whence Albion, where my duties lie, I journeyed seeking his atonement for the betrayal of all. 'Twas I, none other, that with aim true shot the flintlock from your sweet hands.

Koskov: A thousand pardons, Sir James, my love for thee is boundless yet the ancients shall proclaim, that no sweethearts hath duty.

Act 8, Scene 4. A gaol.
    Warder: Thy death shall await thee in the dawn hour, though shot shall favour the rope.

Sir James: Verily shrew, doth thee compare mineself to the posterior of a beast of thy fields!

Excellent, Barbel. :))
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:

Sir Miles: Honoured soldiers, though to our multiple lords our present endeavour be no more than a mere plaything, a bagatelle for gaining that experience held high in our conscience, so from our spring I hold it as a matter of mine honour that thee, furbished with the Os redoubled, will disdain fortune in pursuit and shall cause no discomfort to fall upon me.

Bored Maiden: Of the life herein I weary. I seek merely a man who is true and strong, and plays not of the tennis.
    (Enter Sir James)

Sir James: Of the essence time holds no sway. Yonder maiden sweet music upon her cello doth make, yet no more than her own fair charms.
    Saunders: Thou must give leave to the fairer sex, Double Naught Seven, thine duty precedence must take.

Act 2, Scene 3. A cave.
    Old Wizard: To the depths in this swine must thee journey, or as with borscht shalt thou boil.

*pop*

(Enter Sir James)

Koskov: A thousand pardons, Sir James, my love for thee is boundless yet the ancients shall proclaim, that no sweethearts hath duty.

Act 8, Scene 4. A gaol.
    Warder: Thy death shall await thee in the dawn hour, though shot shall favour the rope.

Brilliant! -{
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • thegreatgallingthegreatgalling Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    All the world's a stage. B-) Top marks Barbel.
    edited February 2015
    It would be a shame, if this isn't performed. We must start auditions for the
    AJB, players :)) to set up a band of strolling actors and minstrels, who at
    A moments notice can thunder into a town to share their great talent in
    Shakespeare, we could call them. the Thunder-Bards. ;)
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
    Late to party as always but imo Dalton is the Best actor WHO has plaget Bond... Skynder ifølge Markus Can find just one positive ting about Dalton as Bond.... (tha the only plane din two movies perhaps ??? ;))
    One positive thing about Dalton as Bond?

Easy:
    I like very much that he did not do a third one :)) :)) :))

His first was good, his second was great, his third would have been Fantastic ! :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Well done, my good Barbell!! {[] Refreshments passed 'round to all!
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    -{ not sure if I deserve it :)) :)) :))

Each must play their part, some the king others the fool ;) :))
    Or the Jester, in Higgins Case :D
    Each must play their part, some the king others the fool ;) :))
    Or the Jester, in Higgins Case :D

iJLYz889RRr5u.gif

:)) :))
    Thank you for the kind words everyone, it was all chrisisall's idea.
    Oh, I think many of these threads are controlled by Higgins, to get as
    Many mentions of The Great Dalton in as possible. ;) :p
    Hey- I just ran several of Higgins' posts through a descrambler program and this subliminal keeps popping up:
    ...buy green trainers....you need green trainers...

?:)
    These trainers became incredibly famous.

Is there an AJB hall of fame to display or should I auction them off with Christie's?

And all this just because Pete could not keep his mouth shut X-(

It's a Mystery ?:)
    Barbel wrote:

(Enter Sir James)

Act 2, Scene 3. A cave.

*pop*

(Enter Sir James)

Act 8, Scene 4. A gaol.

Barbel, would it be okay if I copied this entire page & share it over at MI6? They'd pee their kilts...
    Of course, Chris- just as long as AJB is credited! (Not wanting to pull a Kevin McClory or anything :D ) Please use my original post, I've made some minor changes to it.